Isoproponol -Cleaner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hi i got a big bottle of isoproponol at my chemist yesterday, i know a few of the other salons get theres from chemist, but not sure whether they use it neat or dilute it. Anyone know?>

xx:rolleyes:

what is it I've never heard of it

if you are talking alcohol, it's about 70-80% , check the MSDS

yeah its isoproponol alcohol. do i use it neat or dilute it?? thanks

why not get professional products from professional nail companies and take the guesswork out of it?

i go through the stuff like water, know alot of other salons by it from chemist to cut down retailers prices, after all thats all it is. ill have to do my homework i think to find out

tinkywinky said:
what is it I've never heard of it
me neither, what on earth do you use it for?? cleaning instruments or something??

I use it for cleaning my airbrush after body art and cleansing the skin ready for temp airbrush tattoo's

I get mine from Hubby who is a chemist - I dont dilute it

You should dilute it to 70%. 100% pure Isopropanol dries out the cuticle area / skin too much.
I buy it from my chemist as well - I get it already dilutet so I don't have the mess at home :lol: .
My airbrush teatcher told me not to use it for cleaning your airbrush cause there are certain kind of colours that can thicken up from it and get stuck in your pistol

ValencianNails said:
why not get professional products from professional nail companies and take the guesswork out of it?

If you look at the your professional products ie. coolblue ,ibd ,lcn etc you will find it is isoproponol alcohol with added colour. fragrance :smack:

Jill

Isoproponol Alcohol can be used neat to clean and sanitize implements and work surfaces. Works wonderfully for cleaning up wax pots! Wouldn't use it on skin as it is too drying.

lilypond said:
If you look at the your professional products ie. coolblue ,ibd ,lcn etc you will find it is isoproponol alcohol with added colour. fragrance :smack:

Jill
it's actually used to blend the other ingredients together aswell as being an antiseptic...
the point had been missed in my last post, which was...
why try to guess how much to dilute it by when products are available with the guesswork taken care of.

ValencianNails said:
it's actually used to blend the other ingredients together aswell as being an antiseptic...
the point had been missed in my last post, which was...
why try to guess how much to dilute it by when products are available with the guesswork taken care of.
Totally agree - your clients should not be guinea pigs.

Because at least over here in Germany it`s over 50% cheaper if you get it from the chemist :cool:

CDN nail chic said:
Isoproponol Alcohol can be used neat to clean and sanitize implements and work surfaces. Works wonderfully for cleaning up wax pots! Wouldn't use it on skin as it is too drying.

Many surface are not tolerant of alcohol - like pvc chairs, and high polished laminate desks. You'll end up dulling the surfaces and making them brittle.

Stick to products designed for the job in hand.

Latest posts

Back