"IT JUST FELL OFF..."WHATEVER!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Just had to share this with you...i found this so funny!!!Clients so crack me up sometimes!Any way one calls this morning (young girl...who knows ALL about nails...yeah right!!)to say "it wasn't stuck on properly and fell off.....the one you done on my big nail".I think she meant thumb!!!lol!!!I think we all know she broke it or considering she was picking them before i even finished....I just found it so funny!Not stuck on properly!!If i didn't laugh i'd be crying!!!come on geeks share your funny "i think i know it all" client comments/compliants.

OMG!! I've had the 'they all fell off' thing a lot, and I'm quite new to the industry!! :eek:
I also get the 'what you should do is...' too. Like they're telling me how to run my business, as if I've had no training and no idea?! I find that really patronising, and insulting.
I've also had numerous 'complaints' about their polish chipping after two weeks! and thats on their hands!! :rolleyes:
It is funny how some people think they know more than us.
Love, Marina xx

I to have cleints who call and say that they have a nail that has just fell off! Yeah right! I get visions of the clients holding their hands up and their nails all just falling off! You have to laugh really dont you!

I have been practising Brisa nails and my SIL has had on full set for 10 days. I saw them after 7 days and was really pleased with them, 1 had a bit of lifting but otherwise they looked fab. She has called to say they have 'all fallen off' ?!?!
I quized her a bit and it transpires she broke one while decorating and then another 2 'fell off' while wrestling with my brother. The rest - "well I erm I didnt like the way my hands looked with the missing ones so picked them off but now I want them back on"
Hmm its funny what you uncover after a wee bit questioning. Accidents do happen but I dont understand why people arent honest.

I once put a set on a real bad and i mean bad nail bitter. She said she had a set on once before by some other Nail Technician and they only stayed on a few days!
After trying to telling me what to do almost all the way through her service, she then went on to say that she buys a box of those stick on nails so if any of her enhancements come of she just puts a sticky one on to replace it. Okay!
I left her a small tube of glue (on her request/ well insistance) just in case any came of on her night out.......As If !

Well to cut a long story short, 3/4 days later i got the call, will i come and replace the ones that had come off!
One had come off by accident she trapped it n the door (yeah
right).................. two others where on the pillow next to her in bed one morning.......................... And another from her other hand was.. wait for it stuck, yeah stuck as in (she had to pull it off ) her face when she woke up the same morning!....................HELLO !!!

Can anyone tell me how the b****y hell, her enhancements managed to lift from the nail plate and become stickey/ moist enough to adhere to this girls face?

I was just lost for words, that was the best i had ever heared.
Never the less she cancelled before i had chance to go and see for myself. Funny enough she has never had another set applied either(well from me anyway)

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxxxx

I love this... I always ask "where abouts did it fall off? In your mouth by any chance? "

Ahhh, the just fell off thing, getting a bit old and boring now, ain't it???? And as if you won't notice a nail not being stuck on properly?

I have had my share of these too...sometimes still gets to me...but i am getting much stronger with them now....Last week a client said "it fell off" and so i mentioned about the other 9 not falling off !!!! then while doing her nails i explained about the training i had received..and went on to say that i had even been trained to tell if a nail had been bitten..picked or pulled off... and that i could spot a bitten off nail enhancement a mile off..cos you can see the teeth marks.....LOL...you should have seen her face...straight away she admitted to bitting it.

I use this one very time now.... he he he (that was my wicked laugh...could you tell)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scare tactic's soooooooo cruel Angie......... But i like it! :wink2: lol

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

NailStyle said:
I have had my share of these too...sometimes still gets to me...but i am getting much stronger with them now....Last week a client said "it fell off" and so i mentioned about the other 9 not falling off !!!! then while doing her nails i explained about the training i had received..and went on to say that i had even been trained to tell if a nail had been bitten..picked or pulled off... and that i could spot a bitten off nail enhancement a mile off..cos you can see the teeth marks.....LOL...you should have seen her face...straight away she admitted to bitting it.

I use this one very time now.... he he he (that was my wicked laugh...could you tell)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you devil - good tho hahaha -
i once had a client tell me her nails had "just fell off" i questioned her about it on how it fell off, what was she doing at the time etc, her reply was "i was doing nothing, i was sat on the sofa, watching tv, and then i scratched my eye lid and the nail just fell off", i told her to come to me with the nail, to which she replied "why what difference does that make" i told her that if the nail had "just fell off" it would still be in one piece, but if she had helped it come off it would be in bits, needless to say, she didnt turn up

louisenewell said:
Just had to share this with you...i found this so funny!!!Clients so crack me up sometimes!Any way one calls this morning (young girl...who knows ALL about nails...yeah right!!)to say "it wasn't stuck on properly and fell off.....the one you done on my big nail".I think she meant thumb!!!lol!!!I think we all know she broke it or considering she was picking them before i even finished....I just found it so funny!Not stuck on properly!!If i didn't laugh i'd be crying!!!come on geeks share your funny "i think i know it all" client comments/compliants.
We cannot help but ;augh at these things. I have had one to tell me that they all fell off before she made it to the car. I tiold her that If I had paid $55 for a fullset of nails and they all fell off b4 i made it to the car, i would have come back not only to get more right then, but to kick her A$$ also. :irked:

NailStyle said:
Last week a client said "it fell off" and so i mentioned about the other 9 not falling off !!!! then while doing her nails i explained about the training i had received..and went on to say that i had even been trained to tell if a nail had been bitten..picked or pulled off... and that i could spot a bitten off nail enhancement a mile off..cos you can see the teeth marks.....LOL...you should have seen her face...straight away she admitted to bitting it.

HAHAHA!!! You must be one bada$$ mom too!!

I was a very bad client, used every line in the biter's book. I'd hate to tell my customer's now...

btw, when my daughter turns 15.... I'll be ready! I used every line in the fibs-to-tell-mom book too!!!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back