Itchy hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlevaughan

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I am new too geek , I ve stated out with bio sculpture and have been using the products since last September .
I love the products , but just lately I am finding my hands are getting really itchy can this happen ? And would it mean I am reacting to the product .

All your words n wisdom would be so helpful as I am new too this

Many thanks :)

It sounds like the start of an allergic reaction (over exposure). If this continues you may not be able to work with the product. :-(
Be mindful of how you work with your gel. Make sure your skin doesn't come into contact with it. You might want to wear gloves for a little while, to give your skin a break. Or try antihistamines. But these should only be a short term fix, whilst you change your working habits.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Hi there everyone

I am new too geek , I ve stated out with bio sculpture and have been using the products since last September .
I love the products , but just lately I am finding my hands are getting really itchy can this happen ? And would it mean I am reacting to the product .

I get Exactly the same with biosculpture.
It's a pain xxx

Hi there everyone

I had this & blisters. It was from Bio Sculpture's Sanitiser. I changed & am ok now.
Try a different one & see if it helps.

I also wear gloves (& when I remember barrier cream too) & use a new wipe for each nail when removing the inhibition layer & only go from cuticle to free edge, not side to side, therefore not wiping the uncured gel onto the skin.

It isn't worth getting an allergy when you have invested so much into a business.HTH

try a product called DermaShield.

It is a mousse that will help clear up the itching but also forms a barrier over your skin to prevent any further irritations.

The barrier lasts for about 3-4 hours and it's helped me no end.

Aww thank u all for your tips there .

I really hope that I am not having a reaction too the products as I love the stuff .

Will try wearing gloves too see if that help Would you say plastic gloves with a barrier cream as well ? X

When using gelish(and a few other brands) I have to wear nitrile gloves, the latex just don't cut it... I have a reaction from over the weekend. I figured as long as I don't touch it... Apparently, I was wrong. I must have brushed my ring fingers against the towel or something. :(

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Aww thank u all for your tips there .

I really hope that I am not having a reaction too the products as I love the stuff .

Will try wearing gloves too see if that help Would you say plastic gloves with a barrier cream as well ? X

Doug Schoon recommends Nitrile gloves.... So Nitrile gloves with barrier cream on first.x

hiya, have you tried bio sculptures hand cream??it is brilliant for sore hands,itchiness etc,,,,my husband has even used it on his leg when he had a rash, he calls it my wonder cream lol

also bio now do techniclean to protect your hands, try using it and see if it helps xx

Hi,

I had a similar problem and I narrowed it down to the antifungal spray. The new Technicare Invisible Glove is brilliant. I have stopped using antifungal and I am using Invisible Glove before each client and all symptoms have gone.

I've not used biosculpture before but having had very very bad allergic reactions to a number of other gel products I tried I discovered CND Brisa. This is the only gel I will go near now because I just can't justify risking an allergic reaction again. It's cool though because Brisas a great gel to work with :)

Latest posts

Back