Itchy stubble down 'there'!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
how do you prevent this?!:irked:

Stubble from what waxing, shaving or hair removal creams???

Usually it dosnt itch when hair grows back from waxing. If your shaving or using creams then it will grow back blunt and cause itching - which in this weather is worse.

Usually though by day 2 or 3 it should subside.

Kate

You should be using a post wax cream and then after 3 days or so exfoliate gently 3 times a week to avoid ingrowing hairs/dry skin blocking the hair follicle which can cause itching.

again lots of great advice already

as well as exfoliating the area with a loofah or exfoliating mitt 3 times a week moisturise the area every day as well. This helps keep the skin supple and helps the new hairs to grow through in the correct way.

hope this helps

wax on !!!

LOOFAH!!

lol jeepers! :lol:

LOOFAH!!

lol jeepers! :lol:

obviously if using it down there then you dont have to put too much pressure on and they do come in all sorts of shapes and sizes !!! Gosh cant believe I said that but it is true!!

believe me once you get your first ingrown you will exfoliate religiously after that !!! nothing worse than an ingrown

Stubble from what waxing, shaving or hair removal creams???

Usually it dosnt itch when hair grows back from waxing. If your shaving or using creams then it will grow back blunt and cause itching - which in this weather is worse.

Usually though by day 2 or 3 it should subside.

Kate

Mine always does, a side effect of having thick dark hair it seems (I even get ingrowns after waxing my arms)

I was always just told to gently exfoliate as much as possible and so far so good.

If it's stubble from shaving......stop shaving and wax, then you won't get any itching.

Also, this could be hormonal as itching in that area can happen around the time of your period. xxx

Most points have been covered however, i have found a product called Privashave wich reduces / stops ingrown hairs and rashes no matter if you wax or shave.

I've noticed a big difference after using it and so have clients!

Most points have been covered however, i have found a product called Privashave wich reduces / stops ingrown hairs and rashes no matter if you wax or shave.

I've noticed a big difference after using it and so have clients!

Where do you buy it from hun?

PFB Vanish is also a great product, but not cheap.

afraid its from shaving, i cant bring myself to have a wax down there, i cant even get my legs done for the pain!! but id love to. thanks for all the great advice :) :)

You could always go for laser and then its gone forever!!! (well you do get a few grow back that were dormant follicles at the time of your treatment but its better than full growth).

It would cost you about £1000 for a course, expensive but worth it if it avoids that itch!

In between waxing I use Nair, which dissolves the hair and stops the ends being so blunt and itchy.

And the more you wax the easier it gets, most people I know can have brazilians but cant cope with their legs being done - I personally think their weird lol!!

Kate xx

You can also use the PFB Vanish after shaving... it's great stuff.

Latest posts

Back