Its lonely being a mobile nail tech isn't it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Never realised how lonely it would feel! I guess that goes for anyone starting out in business isn't it!

Sometimes I feel like renting a chair in a salon but the money wouldn't be great! I know why I have sent up mobile and I know what I want ou tthe future and that doesn't involve working for someone else but it is very lonley and I think only fellow geeks will understand what I am saying!

Hi Nikki, why are you feeling lonely, are you just starting up your business?? I would agree that it is lonely to begin with when you are trying to build up your clientelle, but once you get established, surely you are not going to be lonely when you are in the company of your clients??

I am trying to get my business of the ground (which is a struggle at the moment), but I also have a day job, now believe me that is lonely, I spend all day in an office by myself, I don't even get many phone calls, I hate the job I do and spend as much time as I can lurking around this site. I love doing nails, and its such a pleasant change to chat while I work if you get what I mean. Anyway you need not feel lonely, there are plenty of fellow geeks lurking about ready to chat.

Mandyxx

i am starting out mobile in summer, i love meeting new people and was looking forward to it, i use to be a rep in past life so i kinda know what it's like, but didn't expect it to be lonely xx

ive been mobile for 13 years now! i dont have the time to be lonely once you get a decent clientelle going youll be fine then you get your regulars that you see the same time each week and you even make new friends out of it keep busy you wont get lonely!!! no christmas do s though you have to gate crash a friends or something!! xx

Ahhhh, Mrs. R - sorry to hear that you're feeling so lonely.

I work from home and do mobile sometimes and I know what you mean. There's no one to bounce ideas off or have good 'nail' chats with.

That's why I, and I assume you too are so glad to have The Nail Geek website!!

I too am very fortunate to have very patient educators in Dublin who always take the time and let me bend their ear and pose questions...... I'd be fairly lost without them!

But chin up - there are downsides to every business venture and I suppose isolation is the downside to ours......... ?

Never realised how lonely it would feel! I guess that goes for anyone starting out in business isn't it!

Sometimes I feel like renting a chair in a salon but the money wouldn't be great! I know why I have sent up mobile and I know what I want ou tthe future and that doesn't involve working for someone else but it is very lonley and I think only fellow geeks will understand what I am saying!

I have this fantasy, (keep it clean girls) where a load of geeks from the same area set up together and call it 'The......... Salon Geek' insert name of town in the gap.
Its the one thing the nss have on us, there are always several of them in one place, giving support to each other etc yes I know there are salons around the country but there are far more single nail and or beauty and hair techs out there on their own and most of those will never have the capital to set up in a good premises in a prime location and yep I sometimes think, wouldn't it be great if we could do that. For example in Northampton we have Abington St. Its pedestrian only its the main street and there is a 3 story shop smack bang in the middle that would be perfect for a beauty place. The two upper floors would be perfect for all the waxing, spray tanning and relaxing treatments and ground floor would be perfect for all the kerb appeal stuff, nails, retail etc, because if there is one thing I've noticed about a lot of the nss places, they have no idea how to dress a window to make it appealing.
I think thats why so many techs are on here, it keeps away not just the lonely feeling but makes sure you don't loose touch with the cutting edge stuff.

Thanks guys, yes I guess once I have regular clients that will change so I guess it is like mrsab said about not having people to bounce ideas off or go to straight away with a question - in that respect Salon Geek is a godsend. Also starting off in business is very scary - still haven't registered with the correct people yet even though Ihave 3 months to do it it still is on my mind - must do that this week then!

I have this fantasy, (keep it clean girls) where a load of geeks from the same area set up together and call it 'The......... Salon Geek' insert name of town in the gap.
Its the one thing the nss have on us, there are always several of them in one place, giving support to each other etc yes I know there are salons around the country but there are far more single nail and or beauty and hair techs out there on their own and most of those will never have the capital to set up in a good premises in a prime location and yep I sometimes think, wouldn't it be great if we could do that. For example in Northampton we have Abington St. Its pedestrian only its the main street and there is a 3 story shop smack bang in the middle that would be perfect for a beauty place. The two upper floors would be perfect for all the waxing, spray tanning and relaxing treatments and ground floor would be perfect for all the kerb appeal stuff, nails, retail etc, because if there is one thing I've noticed about a lot of the nss places, they have no idea how to dress a window to make it appealing.
I think thats why so many techs are on here, it keeps away not just the lonely feeling but makes sure you don't loose touch with the cutting edge stuff.

Im up for one of them near me hun sounds fabulous :)

Im up for one of them near me hun sounds fabulous :)
When I win the lotto hun I'll start a chain of them :green:

Latest posts

Back