ITV's This Morning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was totally up in arms about this too. Holistic nails my a**e, they were awful and just what sort of length are they gonna be in 5-6 weeks time, as for the smile line, well I won`t even go there but I wouldn`t be happy with that when they were done that alone where they`re gonna end up 5-6 weeks later. Its a complete disgrace. She didn`t have a clue about anything to do with nails, I can`t recall any truth from her gob at all. I think Phil knew more than she did, at least he knew there shouldn`t have been a ridge at the cuticle. Even if they were DIY from Boots!!!!!!!
Haven`t we got enough to contend with without having to justify ourselves again against someone who hasn`t a clue? The annoying thing is they have such a huge audience and we have to go on and on like parrots again because someone couldn`t do her research properly.

You go girl and spread the word for us. :biggrin: I couldn't have put it better myself.

Thank you for taking the time to write in to them on all our behalf.

Sassy Hassy said:
....... BTW do you know which gel system it was?

I called the Salon listed on the website that do the "Holistic Nails" - I said that I had seen the item on This Morning and that I was not able to come to their salon as I did not live anywhere near. I then asked if the brand name was Holistic Nails or if it was a brand I could find in my local salon. The girl I spoke to did not seem to know very much and said that they had never heard of the brand until the nail technician joined them. I then asked again if it was called Holistic Nails and she said no it was ... wait for it .... yes you guessed it ... the A word. And we all know how much we can trust their advertising and truthful information LOL.

Good for you Fiona, you're very resourceful! Mmmmm sounds about right which gel system it is..... we rest our case eh!

naturalnails said:
I called the Salon listed on the website that do the "Holistic Nails" - I said that I had seen the item on This Morning and that I was not able to come to their salon as I did not live anywhere near. I then asked if the brand name was Holistic Nails or if it was a brand I could find in my local salon. The girl I spoke to did not seem to know very much and said that they had never heard of the brand until the nail technician joined them. I then asked again if it was called Holistic Nails and she said no it was ... wait for it .... yes you guessed it ... the A word. And we all know how much we can trust their advertising and truthful information LOL.

Do you know what...Ive read through this thread with interest all day....I didnt personally see the programme this morning....but each time I saw this..."Holistic" thing going on I thought....somewhere along the line the dreaded "A" work would spring up! Why am I NOT surprised eh?...it was either them or A N OTHER....but that one begins with "C"
Their bloomin advertising STINKS bigtime! It really is hard enough to educate our clients without this scaremongering advertising spilling onto our TV screens too! :rolleyes: :mad:

Damn! I missed it! Sounds like you made a fair point though. Good for you. And thanks for sticking up for your fellow techs!!!!!!!

xx:hug:

Oh my God!!!! Is all I can say to that, I can't believe the utter bull they televise these days without researching thoroughly!!! Makes you sick!!! Makes you wonder about everything else they discuss in the mornings and how much of it is actually true!!!

Fiona, good on you girl, 100% behind you!! Because I lost so many clients last week, after advertising my introductory offer at my boyfriends company, some manager of the department goes around and tells these tall tales about how bad acrylic is for your nails and that the hollistic and organic systems are far healthier blah blah blah .... hello!!! Needless to say I had four cancellations 1 re-appointment which was a no show, just because she couldn't keep her yap shut about something she knows stuff all about! :mad:

Sorry this really pees me off how people can make such false assumptions and profess to be proffessionals. Sorry ... again ... sore subject for me, as I'm sure it is for me many of ... I just don't handle things as well as you guys :D

Well I've had my moan ... all happy again!!! Oh ... one more thing, if they are proffessionals why are they on tv and not busy in a salon offering these miracle products to one and all????

Fiona, I found your email direct, informative and very proffessional. I wouldn't reply to you girl if I were them, I'd know what I'm up against! :wink2:

Jacky said:
it was either them or A N OTHER....but that one begins with "C"
Their bloomin advertising STINKS bigtime! It really is hard enough to educate our clients without this scaremongering advertising spilling onto our TV screens too! :rolleyes: :mad:

should really add there....begins with "C" but ends in Gel!.... :o :o :smack:

OK I get the "c" but I'm struggling with the "A" word. Anyone help me out?

Emmad...thank you, I was just about to ask the same :confused: The only one I can think of is Ak.....but I may be way off!!!

I think you should E Mail the show and let them know how you feel .
Tell them the facts
I wish i'd saw the programme I had to have a go at them for miss informing viewers some time ago.
They did an article on body piercing and said that you have to use only gold or silver to pierce with. Well as we are body piercers in our salon we know that you should only use TITANIUM to be safe from allergies .So they were wrong then.
mind you I didnt get a reply when I e mailed them.

Ruby

OMG - I am so mad - all the geeks should email itv (in force) - I hope that in my anger I have not missed anyone else saying this - but if I have I unresevedly apologise- WE SHOULD ALL HAVE OUR SAY!!! and in such numbers they would have to take notice - what a good advert that would be for good naill education!!!

Don't just have your say on here - get hold of This Morning and tell them !!! - as Ruby says!!

I am sorry if this sounds angry - BUT I AM!!!!!!!!

Well what a surprise it's the A team striking out again. I used to use their products and actually believed all the holisitic mumbo jumbo ... for a while. Then I thought well how can one gel be good for a weak nail, one for brittle etc, at thend of they day it's just a gel and they all had the same ingredients. All it is is they use a more flexible one for bendy nails so it gives with it, and a more rigid one for brittle nails. And anyway when I went on my training they said you just end up having a favourite gel consistency and end up using it on EVERYONE, hmm very holistic NOOOOOOOOOT.
This word holistic, does it not mean treating mind, body and soul. Sorry but I don't know how a gel can be holistic, unless you do an Indian Head Massage at the same time!!

I get the c word..c**gel, am i right but whats the a word...sorry sheltered life and all...xxx

I don't get either of them "A" or "C" could someone help me out, pm me or something, very thick that i am !!! lol

Very intrigued- really bummed that i missed the show

NailStyle said:
I get the c word..c**gel, am i right but whats the a word...sorry sheltered life and all...xxx

I'm a bit slow too Angie, it must be our blonde locks x

Just noticed that this morning have a forum section on there website, aint had a proper look cos gotta go get rugrats from school, but we should maybe post our views on there

snap - i was thinking the same i think i've worked out the 'c' not the 'a' though!!
heavenly said:
I'm a bit slow too Angie, it must be our blonde locks x

Hiya, just had a pm and its Allesandro and Calgel. HTH xxx

Oh Amb, i could be wrong hun !!!! someone thought it was someone else ! oopsi oh well thanks for the Calgel one though ! frustrating isnt it not knowing what / who people are talking about !

kx

NailStyle said:
Hiya, just had a pm and its Allesandro and Calgel. HTH xxx

Latest posts

Back