I've been conned, what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw some people are such swines aren't they :irked:

Why put it down to experience? there are many people out there that are trying to pull a fast one. Send the lady an invoice giving a certain amount of days to pay. Go see the CAB for legal advice honey. Walking out of any establishment without paying is theft. In future ensure you complete a client record card with all information required (this is also and insurance requirement) and take payment from the client before the treatment starts. Kims advise for before and after pictures is a great idea. Especially when you get the less honest client. Personally I would want to pin the bitch down and pick the lashes off lol but thats not professional :)

Weezie, what if she came in for the removal, then run off without payin again!!!!!

I wouldn't have been looking to charge her for the removal, if she wasn't happy then she would want them removed, if she was bluffing she would be walking around with a free set of lashes. At least offering removal means you have tried to rectify the situation and this can be used as evidence against her claim that she wasn't happy in the first place. If she doesn't want them removed she must be happy and should therefore pay for them. :hug:

Yeh - you can't even trust regular clients - one of mine had a facial - payed by cheque and rang to say that her wages hadn't gone in and the cheque would bounce (it did) and she would pop the cash in following Monday.

Never heard from her again. Pathetic.

Didn't realise I was called 'charity beauty'.

Gonna have to get them to leave something next time - just like at the baths - I have to leave £5 to use the padlocks for the pram.

Oh how awful...If it happened to me I would want to persue it but in reality, after having a good old rant to anyone who would listen I would probably put it down to experience, learn a few lessons from it and make sure I did everything in the future not to let it happen again.

xx

I was knocked recently too, by a friend/ex colleague too. She was a regular for her waxing and often tipped generously, only one day she only had a note and i didn't have the correct change so told her if she preferred we could settle it on the next appointment. She later cancelled her last appointment as she didn't have time, that was before Christmas. I certainly wont be so trusting again with anyone.
The way i look at it, you live/ you learn and you don't make the same mistake again. Just makes you feel such a fool doesn't it? :hug:

It's not so much the loss of the money (although that must hurt) it is the fact that anyone would do this to someone working hard to set up their own business that is so demoralising!
Still, I hope you rise above it, and learn from the experience.

I just can't see what else you can do about it, as even if you do have her address it is not worth sending an invoice as she will just bin it, then you are out for the cost of a stamp too!
In future though if an occcasion like this does arise with no change....take the clients mobile phone or something of value to hold until they return with the change. No one ever wants to be without their mobile phone lol!

Consider it a valuable lesson. You definitely won't make that mistake again. It's so important to have some change

Just believe in karma - people like her get what they deserve one way or another.

If you knew where her Hair Salon was,you could go in and approach her with a bill, and if you dont get satisfaction,threaten a legal action.

But you probably wont do this,because its not a huge amount of money,and who needs the hassle? She probably will get away with it!. Not that i think she should.

Be comforted by the fact that -what goes around comes around-an expression that has always been true.
Some day,something similar will happen to her-lets hope its for big bucks!

Why don’t you ask for the money first or at least check with your client that you/they have enough change? And just say your last client used up all your change, so can you just check please to see if you have the right money, and if not I can sort it before I do your treatment. Then I wont have to worry about it.
Your lucky in some respect, coz if she was THIS dishonest, what was stopping her from pinching some of your stock while you were out of the room, Then you would have been more out of pocket!!

AW this is horrible for you.
I dont do the false lashes thingy yet! but any treatment you do could create a prob like the one you have endured.
Bloody cheek honestly, if it were me I would txt her also and explain she has to come back as you forgot to give her a special wipe for cleansing otherwise her natural eyelashes will dissolve!! no good going anywhere else as its a new revolutionary system and nowhere else will have the knowledge:eek:
Well you never know she may be gullable as well as a tight ***

bless you
faye
xx

There are lot of positives for you to take away from this experience.

You have been given a valuable lesson in business at a very low cost. It could have cost you a lot more, so be thankful.

Most people are trustworthy, so choose to ignore the comments about trusting no-one. Some people are weak and if given an opportunity to get something for free they take it. Make sure in future that you don't give your clients the opportunity to be weak by having business practises that support them being honest.

Remember the learning, forget the incident and move on. Any energy you spend on getting your money back is not financially sensible as the max you get back is £15. Better to invest time in your skills, your business processes and new customers as they will serve you better.

All efforts that you put into getting this person back, getting justice, showing her up in front of her colleagues etc etc will not benefit you or your business. If you choose this course of action you give yourself a low chance of success and high chance of failure, possible reputation damage and general negativity in your life that isn't healthy.

Learn from it, move on and run your business as if everyone is kind and trustworthy and make sure your customer handling process is one that ensures that they stay that way.

Hope this helps

Mike

This also happened to me, the salon I work in only accepts cash or cheque and a new customer wanted to pay by card for a spray tan. I pointed out the cash machine (opposite the shop), she walked out of the shop and never came back!

It might sound extreme but making them leave something, handbag, mobile, even children generally makes them come back!

It's happened once but I can safetly say I'll never be that trusting again!!

That's awful! It's a shame people can be like that, but there's plenty out there. It's annoying that people can get away with things like that - especially when she's in the same business! But on the plus, at least it wasn't something that cost a lot more. Still time and money wasted but what goes around certainly comes around! :hug:

Latest posts

Back