I've been conned, what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Im so angry today i have been conned. Some new customer come to me today for eyelash extensions she arrived she seemed trust worthy to me, once i compelted them she looked into the mirror and said oh i love them they look great! She handed me £20 but the treatment was £15 i run down to ask for change from my mum she didnt have any niether did i.
So stupid me sent the girl to my local shops round the corner to get changed.

I recieved a text 10 minutes later saying im not coming back to pay because they look awful.
I text back and said you have to pay because i spent time and product on that treatment and that she mentioned they looked great serveral times and i will sort the problem out for her, she refused to come back and now ive lost all that product and money for nothing!

What can i do? What an evil thing to do when i put trust in her

How awful!!
Got to say though, I am sure you have learned a couple of lessons here.
Always have a supply of change available, and trust no one!!
Just a pity you had to learn this the hard way!! :hug:

Yes that is true! I sure will never be trusting my clients again. Its just so crafty. I used all my last lash supplies on her aswell!!

It's not so much the loss of the money (although that must hurt) it is the fact that anyone would do this to someone working hard to set up their own business that is so demoralising!
Still, I hope you rise above it, and learn from the experience.

I just can't see what else you can do about it, as even if you do have her address it is not worth sending an invoice as she will just bin it, then you are out for the cost of a stamp too!
In future though if an occcasion like this does arise with no change....take the clients mobile phone or something of value to hold until they return with the change. No one ever wants to be without their mobile phone lol!

Yes that is a good idea! I will do that in future or on the phone tell them to arrive with change.

Worse thing about it is she is also in the beauty and hair industry with her own business so to think she could do this to me when she wouldnt like it done to herself!
x

There are some sneaky, evil people about. On the bright side, she will never be able to do this to you again, and you didn't get knocked for a larger amount.

In the salon I used to work in, we took cash only, and the girl had said her dad was gonna phone up and pay by credit card, so because it was a regular, we said just to pop the cash in when she could.

and then we never heard from her again. £60!!!!

Raging! Very difficult to trust anyone...although now I have a card machine which eliminates these problems :D

out of interest does anybody think you could perhaps call the police in situations like this...? If I was to go to a restaurant, eat the food and then walk out without paying...I would expect them to contact the police as its no less than theft really how ever small or large the amount, just a thought!

out of interest does anybody think you could perhaps call the police in situations like this...? If I was to go to a restaurant, eat the food and then walk out without paying...I would expect them to contact the police as its no less than theft really how ever small or large the amount, just a thought!

I very much doubt the police would do anything about this.....they would class it as a civil matter and tell you to pursue it in the small claims court. It is a grey area.....In my opinion this particular case is a straight barefaced theft :irked:, but if she claims she didn't pay because of bad workmanship etc then it becomes more a breach of contract civil case. Not worth pursuing for £15!

So sorry this happened to you. I would text her and ask her to come in to have them removed or you will pursue it further to get the money she owes you, she may feel guilty and have a change of heart. Say that incorrect removal can result in loss of eyelashes. She probably won't come in but it's worth a try :hug:

Weezie, what if she came in for the removal, then run off without payin again!!!!!
Write the money off and put it down to experience. We all get knocked for money at some point. It's horrid, but not worth stressing over.

You know what,one day you may see her in the street and she will have the utter humiliation of seeing you.Walk past her slowly and give her a look that says THIEF:irked:You dont need to say anything just look.Dont dwell just learn from your mistake hun:hug:

What a bitch!

Well hun, I'd send her an invoice with a date for payment - say 30 days.

If she does bin it, after the 30 days, I would send her another letter suggesting that if she doesn't pay up, you will have no option but to take it further.
I had a client bounce 2 cheques on me once. She paid me by cheque for her infills, then I went back 2 weeks later & she paid by cheque again (it was xmas time & i was too busy to bank my cheques at the time).
When I got round to banking them, they both bounced.
I put the returned cheques from the bank in the hands of a debt collector - they sent her to court & she had to pay £250. The cheques only came to £56 at the time, the rest was charges for the debt collector etc so I got my money in the end.
I hate swindlers, why should you allow her to get away with it?

So sorry this happened to you. I would text her and ask her to come in to have them removed or you will pursue it further to get the money she owes you, she may feel guilty and have a change of heart. Say that incorrect removal can result in loss of eyelashes. She probably won't come in but it's worth a try :hug:

Excellent advice! :)

This is terrible, Im sorry you have come across this. I would be FUMING!

I totally agree that you should send her an invoice or to come in and have them taken off. I would even threaten her that you are thinking of reporting her if you do not see some sort of payment.

What a horrid person!
H x

Violet Star, just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you. :hug:

If you fill up with petrol and make off without paying, you're a thief! The trouble with a service industry like this one is that once a customer starts to play the 'Dissatisfied' card, it seems to alter the whole thing and 'Providers' often capitulate.

A friend told me about the time she overheard a couple at the next restaurant table discussing which of them was going to complain about their meal 'This time?' They obviously made a habit of it! Tricky business and a rotten experience for you. :hug:

You should have completed a consultation form with her name and address etc. Also, with lashes, why not take a pic of before and after on your phone?

Keep your chin up doll. xxx

Just put it down to experience and don't dwell on it too much. Thankfully that kind of person is in the minority. Chin up and think of all those wonderful clients out there xxx:hug:

Put it down to experience, learn from it.
Pop into her salon next time you go back and ask to speak to her and infront of anyone in hearing ask for the money that she owes you.

Latest posts

Back