I've handed my notice in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
After 6 years I have finally had enough of my job. Some of you may remember, this time last year when I 1st joined the site, I was off work for 4 months with bad depression, and i was all of a jitter when my boss came to see me a couple of times, and when I eventually went back to work. Well over the past few weeks the place has got worse and worse and I just thought, I cant do this any more, Im not prepared to go back to the dark place I was in last year. I start my new job on 4th december and leave this one on the 1st. My boss was very shocked that I put m notice in, but it was the most satisfying moment! I just want to thank you all for your great support this time last year. Ive been doing a counselling course and its taught me a lot about myself and made me realise firstly that Im stronger than i thought, and secondly that Im worth more than that place I call work. My boss's attitude to his staff lately is "if you have a problem with something you know where the job centre is". He has sh*t himself now that Ive called his bluff!

Good on you girl!

What will your new job be doing?

Its not very exciting reading, its doing stuff for department of work and pensions, but Im so bored of my curent job and my boss is stopping us progressing because they need us on our team, we are the only ones who know anything and the only ones with any contacts to get things done for our customers - 8 people from a team of 24 have left, i will be the 9th. You'd think they will have taken the hint by now wouldnt you? lol.

Well - at least its their loss and not yours.

well done Helen and good luck in your new job xxx

thank you chick, Im so excited, I wish Id done it years ago

thank you chick, Im so excited, I wish Id done it years ago
Good for you,sometimes these bosses forget that they would be nowhere without staff like you.

Good luck chuck.xx:hug:

Sounds like a wise decision Helen - you can't buy your health hun. Good luck with the new job and let's hope 2007 is a better year for you xxx

well thats what Im hoping anyway. I realised recently that I didnt find my job fulfulling, and I want a career not a job. Im just working at an IT place for now while I finish my counselling stuff. Im hoping to work in a womens refuge, where I can pamper them with my hair and nails skills and i will have the relevant counselling skills to listen to them properly, as obviously the clientele there will have slightly different things to talk about than in the usual salons.

way to go Helen, and I think your futur plans sound realy good. Where are you doing your counciling course? and which one?

Well done and congratulations to you!

Teri x

Well done to you I'll bet you got a great deal of satisfaction from telling your boss where to stuff his job!
Good luck in the new job and let us all know how it is going.

Good for you and good luck in your new job ... you have to do things in life that make you happy instead of pleasing others ... you did it well done :) xx

Good luck babe! x

well you know the saying....close the door on something and another will open. i bet you feel better for handing in your notice on that dark job, and you feel you should have done it ages ago. by the way, does your shoulders feel any lighter?;)
good luck with your new job.x

Good for you! Isn't it awful when bosses don't treat their best assests....GOOD EMPLOYEES....like gold?! You'll feel MUCH better when you're gone...as a matter of fact, he's lucky you gave notice instead of just walking!

Good luck from the bottom of my heart, girl!

were we working for the same person!?

Well done though, i'm pleased for you! bet u'll never look back and if you do it'll be with 2 fingers in the air!

Latest posts

Back