Japanese / Hong kong nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I am fortunate to have a good friend that has just come back from hong kong and bought me back loads of nail magazines!

I love the inspiration I get from these mags and constantly refer back to them.The mags are mostly Japanese ones and are quite expensive to buy in Hong Kong, but it still works out cheaper than getting them shipped to the UK.

I would love to share some images with you geeks, possibly by making a cd (not for profit), I could send out to geeks but I don't want to do anything i shouldn't with regards to copyright etc. (I think Mui from Thailand did this a few years ago).

Does anyone know where I stand as far as this goes? If I credited the images and it inspired people to buy the magazine, would this be Ok?

Sam xx

I would love these on a CD please.

Hi Geeks,
I am fortunate to have a good friend that has just come back from hong kong and bought me back loads of nail magazines!

I love the inspiration I get from these mags and constantly refer back to them.The mags are mostly Japanese ones and are quite expensive to buy in Hong Kong, but it still works out cheaper than getting them shipped to the UK.

I would love to share some images with you geeks, possibly by making a cd (not for profit), I could send out to geeks but I don't want to do anything i shouldn't with regards to copyright etc. (I think Mui from Thailand did this a few years ago).

Does anyone know where I stand as far as this goes? If I credited the images and it inspired people to buy the magazine, would this be Ok?

Sam xx

Id love to see these-lets know how u get on x

would LOOOVE a couple copies of the cds...i'll even pay you the shipping to the usa with paypal!! let me know okay. thanks

as far as copyright, its like making a copy of a song, as long as its not SOLD i dont think you would have a problem.

You WILL have a problem with copyrights, I'm afraid you can't do this without publisher's written permission.

You WILL have a problem with copyrights, I'm afraid you can't do this without publisher's written permission.

That is what I would have thought too.

Great idea but I think it could be a copyright & legal nightmare.

I have been looking through all the nail/nail art magazines that the boss brought back from Korea and the work is amazing in them.
They seem to have more trade mags than us, weekly's as well as monthly's!! As much as I love the pictures though...I wish I could read the text and the profiles of these great tech's.

Thanks for your advice. I was worried about that and didn't want to get in trouble. I have emailed the publisher but I don't think they speak English. I will let you know if and when I get a reply. I just wanted to scan some of the amazing images. I had a word with a designer I know and she said that with individual peoples work, if you credit them and where they have come from, you shouldn't get in trouble but I wouldn't do it unless I knew for sure.

Sam x

If you do get permission please let me know! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back