Jinny lash eyelash extensions.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you geeks have tried or heard of jinny lash. Its eyelash extensions. They are bonded on to each of your lashes and last up to eight weeks. Well they are supposed to anyway. My salon has just started doing them and they practised on me for free. They are lovely but you cant wear mascara, i dont think you need it anyway. Anyone else had them?

nope...sounds very interesting tho...take a picy of ur eyes..lol id love to see the result

Sorry i havent got a digi camera yet. My lashes are long and they look very natural. Its not the like the fake ones you can buy. The training was in london, but the company said that it would only take an hour to apply. I was lying down for almost three.

i have had some, not a full job, just a few samples. they looked great, really made a difference to my sparse lashes. i found them a bit itchy though at the roots.what kind of adhesive is used, is it the same as false lashes or more like a nail glue ?

not too sure actually. Its quite thick and black in colour. My eyes are fine but i am tempted to give them a good rub which i cant do.

I've heard of that. How much is your salon charging?

I've seen the ads and they did them on This Morning.
The end result it fab but I can easily see how it takes three hours as apparently (is this what they did with you?) they tape both your bottom eyelashes and one layer of the top ones out of the way, and each lash is applied in singles.
I don't see how they can last 8 weeks as eyelashes 'refresh' (can't think of the right word!) themselves more regularly than this, but the ads I've seen from the states say they can last this long if you have almost like an infill appointment in the middle.

Personally I love the ones you get in little clumps, look just as fab if you do them right but not nearly so faffy, and they've always lasted at least a week on me. That way you can charge less money and do them more often, as I think the Jinny Lash rrp is quite a lot!

I have heard of them and was tempted to do a course. Only thing is they reccomend charging about £100 per set and I was not sure if any of my potentials would pay that. What does your salon charge and do they believe there is a market for it?
They do look fab though!

Li. xx

Hiya just came back to this thread. My salon is charging 110 pounds including a top up in between. We have had loads of customers and have already made the money back for the trsining and kit. They are basically like hair extensions, some people have lasted well and others dont take to them at all. Overall though they look ace.

Cool - Would love some, they sound fab.
I have been looking at these clicky here did Jinny lash come up to Aberdeen Zoe?
KxXx

this is my personal opinion, my salon has ordered from jinnylash before..... the quality of their stuff is nice, but expensive. I have found a product that is cheaper and better quality. i use www.lash-envy.com

I concidered these people before i booked to go with Nouveau contour. You can wear mascara with them but just at the ends of the lashes, you can swim in them etc.

You can also custom blend the look that the client wants etc.

Im off on the 23rd to do my course its costing me an arm and a leg but what woman doesnt want fulkler longer lashes!!!!!!!:D

dreamgurl said:
this is my personal opinion, my salon has ordered from jinnylash before..... the quality of their stuff is nice, but expensive. I have found a product that is cheaper and better quality. i use www.lash-envy.com

wow they seem good value. but how do you get training with them. if you are a beginner and need a certificate for insurance purposes.

bimbogeri said:
I've seen the ads and they did them on This Morning.
The end result it fab but I can easily see how it takes three hours as apparently (is this what they did with you?) they tape both your bottom eyelashes and one layer of the top ones out of the way, and each lash is applied in singles.
I don't see how they can last 8 weeks as eyelashes 'refresh' (can't think of the right word!) themselves more regularly than this, but the ads I've seen from the states say they can last this long if you have almost like an infill appointment in the middle.

Personally I love the ones you get in little clumps, look just as fab if you do them right but not nearly so faffy, and they've always lasted at least a week on me. That way you can charge less money and do them more often, as I think the Jinny Lash rrp is quite a lot!

I've got Some Hollywood lashes which are basically the same as other brands - I thought they were expensive but when I practised on my best friend who has really sparse eyelashes the results were fab. It took me ages 2 do and it was really fiddly u have 2 have a very steady hand. U r right about the time length -from what I can remember about eyelash growth, the lifespan of an eyelash is 6 to 8 weeks. So u would always be having an infill because they grow at different rates and cycles. The lady who gave me my training said that u could put mascara on the ends but shouldn't need 2 really. My friend said that she could tell that they were there when first applied but soon got used 2 the feel of them. She couldn't tell when individual ones had come off but after about 5 or 6 weeks she could tell that her eyelashes were far more sparse. I was told that I could charge an average of £80s.

When I asked my friend which she preffered she said an eylash perm and tint because she felt it looked more natrual, she could wear mascara and that the perm gave the impression that her eyelashes were thicker anyway.

Hope this info is useful:Love:

The lash envy lashes can be worn with mascara too. although i have not found that my customers have ever felt the need to wear it since the lashes we already dark and thick enough. we also get the protective coating from them as well. i sell it my my customers, it helps to keep the moisture away from the glue. humidy and moisture breaks down the adhesive properties of the glue and the coating helps to prolong the lashes. one tube lasts forever. up to 8 months... and this is when customers use it 2-3 times a day. they do not currently provide overseas training.

depnding on how many lashes you add per eye, you can charge anywhere between 50pounds to 150 pounds.

personally, i think it looks best when you apply 25-35 per eye. although i find that you alread see results by adding 10-15 per eye. but to keep clients coming back and to refer their friends, apply at least 25 lashes per eye. you will find that more people will want them because they are blwon away by the results.

dreamgurl said:
depnding on how many lashes you add per eye, you can charge anywhere between 50pounds to 150 pounds.

personally, i think it looks best when you apply 25-35 per eye. although i find that you alread see results by adding 10-15 per eye. but to keep clients coming back and to refer their friends, apply at least 25 lashes per eye. you will find that more people will want them because they are blwon away by the results.

do these lashes only go on the top or are some specially designed for the bottom lashes aswell??

they can be used for the top and bottom lashes. although they suggest that use use lash length 7mm or 8mm for the bottom lashes. the lashes i order from www.lash-envy.com are wonderful. great value for the quality. you also get lots of lashes in each case, over 2500. they state each box of lashes contain a minimum of 2500 lashes, but my guess would be that they contain around 4000 since i can do quite a few people with 1 case. one case of lashes usually costs me around 14pounds (aftet the exchange rate) and it will do over 75 customers (full sets). Around 130, if including touchups.

Hi Guys,

Please can you tell me how much was the training?

My mum wants to do the Jinny lash course, it doesn't say on their website.

Many thanks

Hi there, i'v just done the course in Glasgow, love them, but struggling to find a price to charge for the infills as these take quite a while to apply aswell:irked:, any geeks out there with any advice, x Roma

Latest posts

Back