juggling treatments on your own??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been reading through some previous posts and it got me thinking...for those of you that rent a room or salon on your own with no other staff how do you juggle clients..say for example your doing a set of nails and you have a 'walk in' wanting another treatment especially those of you who do hair/waxing/beauty/tans aswell? or maybe someone wanting to know about the treatments and whats involved?... What happens if the phone rings etc etc
I would think things could be very awkward so what happens in these situations? Can it all be juggled?:eek:

hi my business is at the in between stage- im busy but not so busy as to need another girl. when i did try it i found clients wanted me. i try and get a trainee through a scheme to answer the phone etc but you need to go through about 10 before you get a good 1. if i havent got 1 then i use my mum but nmostly its just me! its very stressful!

Hi Hun!

I suppose i am very lucky in the sense that i rent a room above a hairdresser (who is my friend also) and if i am doing a treatment the girls downstairs will "handle" any query, book appointment for me etc.. and my phone is linked to theirs and so they also answer the phone for me. (i know i am lucky!!) that said when i am not busy i am downstairs in the salon and i too answer the phone if the girls are busy, make coffee and so on.. it works both ways and it does work.

So how does the scheme work then Sarah? This sounds like it could be a great way of getting help AND seperating the good from the bad for possible staff when you need them! Sandra you are a lucky lady but like you say its give and take and good that everyone helps each other out, Id be like a headless chicken trying to organise my time lol ! Does anyone do it all by themselves?? xx

I do it all by myself,
i have taken on trainees but too have found that the clients still only want me to perform their treatments,
if i am waxing or spray tanning, i lock the treatment door so that no one can walk in and leave a printed note on the door explaining that i am performing a treatment, and ask that they wait in the hall and i will be with them asap,
if i am doing a set of nails then i carry on working while talking to the walk in and offer an appointment,
same with the phone if I'm doing a treatment i can not break away from then the answer phone gets it and i call them back or if I'm doing a set of nails i answer the call while still working,
i`m lucky my clients don't mind and do understand,
you just make them feel special the rest of the time and be quick if you do take a call

Louby you are a great role model lol -MULTI TASKER HUN!! XX

I wont tell you how i do the sweeping up lol :lol:

OMG Ive just had a visual ....lol....hey if it means you get finished 10 mins early hun I aint gonna knock ya!

its not through the tech, they dont do it anymore. if you look yp training agencies in the yellow pages then see which ones do beauty or nails then se if they need to find a placement. the last 1 i had, she came to me 4 days a wk then went to a private college 1 day. she got £50 frm govt a wk plus i gave her some in her hand. its a good way of someone building up their clients gradually without paying a big wage at the start, plus your training them your way. she left in the end to work with disabled kids. olny thing is with young uns, they can be a bit unreliable. but to answer the phone etc its ok

Sounds good to me,Ill remember that Sarah itll come in useful. I wonder-does anyone fear that the techs/trainees they employ will come,stay for a bit and then do off and take clients with them or is this just something everyone has to deal with? xx

Latest posts

Back