Just a rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has so come at the right time!
I work from home, and clients think that they can turn up late and I have no other clients that day! They don't leave time to find the house and then turn up sometimes up to an hour late! My business is only a year old and I get alot of new business from the net so I am loathe to tell clients off for being late on their first visit! What do I do? Its spray tanning so I cannot cut the time down!

I work from home, and clients think that they can turn up late and I have no other clients that day! They don't leave time to find the house and then turn up sometimes up to an hour late! My business is only a year old and I get alot of new business from the net so I am loathe to tell clients off for being late on their first visit! What do I do? Its spray tanning so I cannot cut the time down!

do you have a website hun? or an email confirmation thing? you could always add "please arrive 5 minutes early for you appointment. being late may require you to reschedule your appt"

I have a regular client, she's lovely but she shows up 5-10 min late every time with her Starbucks coffee in hand. So I guess her coffee is more important than getting her full massage!

You're right in that you can't tell them off...not really a good way to do business anyway.;) But you can certainly make them reschedule because you genuinely have other clients waiting....they will be waiting if you take a late client. As you've said, in your line of work there's no cutting down the time. I'd rather make a late client reschedule than inconvenience an on-time client.

Oddly for me its those that are too early!!

I work from home and am very conscious of not over booking myself as I like to give my customers my full attention and don't answer the phone when I am with someone and definitely don't want to be answering the door.

But I do quite often get some that turn up up to half an hour early - I make them wait outside in their car if I am with someone! I don't have a waiting area and I don't want the early customer encroaching on the other customers treatment time.

xx

Appointment is cut to regular time (1st offense). Client is phoned after 5 minutes late (2nd offense) and still cut to regular time. Client is no longer eligible for appointments with me.:twisted:

Oh it annoys the hell out of me, and saying that, I am currently reading this, while waiting for a client to turn up, half hour late!! Just rung her and she said she totally forgot, Grr. Iv rescheduled her in for a slot later, dont mind too much today as It was her coming to me, so now got a couple hours to spare.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back