Just can't do nails no more!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go girl even the nail techs that have been doing it for years have off days with there smile lines and ratios, just go and have a glass of wine or whatever takes your fancy (oh er misssus!!!) and get back to it. We are all nervous about courses but once there wonder why, so good luck ya be fine x x

I think every ones said what I was going to say so............just keep plugging on and eventually you'll get your reward. Good luck!

Aww thanks again! So they won't expect me to be the best nail technician out there right away then....will they teach me their way of doing smiles and all that??

You should have seen my attempts before my conversion course:eek: :lol: ....and...I had NEVER done smile lines until then as I was taught to use white tips, I had also used UV acrylic so knew nothing about ratios:eek: I just loved my course and am at the Masters stage in all CND systems now in just over a year since I converted...you will be fine... I expect all the other trainees will be feeling the same...I asked them all at my conversion how they were feeling and they said they were all were feeling c**p and really worried...so you will definitely NOT be alone there. Go and ENJOY:hug:

good luck hun, i bet you feel fab after you have been, i do hope you go & dont postpone it as it will do you good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

please please please go babes ppplleeeeeaasseeeee
if only because i am soooooo jealous..i want to do it ! lol
you have had a terrible time:hug: but please do this,it will give you something to focus on.
when i started the advanced nails course in college,i was having an awful time ,depressed and stuff,and i didnt go in one night ,my intention was not to go back...but thankgod my tutor phoned me and was just so lovely and supportive,that i went back the next week and now im so glad i did!
i even went into college the night of my nanas funeral and did an assesment on my sister...i kept crying a little throughout as that "salon" type music was on and it was sooo sad, i cant believe i passed an assesment while sobbing on the night of the funeral ...mad!!!!
but i knew i had to do it,
im surprized the tutor even let me in ,she did take me aside though and make sure i was stable enough,she was fab !
you will feel so pleased with your self when you have done it ..I PROMISE :hug: :hug: :hug:

Brookzi....You should follow all this great advice...and GO!!

I am feeling terrible reading your initial post....You must think we Educators are absolute ogres that will criticise your work...or worse still laugh at it!!!:eek: .....when the opposite is true!!

You will go on this course and find help and support with your work....and will learn the techniques to use the Creative products to maximise your skills and potential.

An Induction Course is not to be feared...Honest!!

I love taking L&P Inductions...and students on it can have many differing levels of skills...and that is what can make it a great day....with some not so confident in blending a tip...learning that technique...some who have not sculpted for years having a go at that....Everyone is there to be shown something.....and all wanting to be the best they can....

You will fit right in!!!

Have a great and Creative day:hug:

Thanks again everyone for all this fab support...what would I do without this site - as a thank you to it I paid up to be a premmie again! :green: Well I'm gonna give me self an extra boot up the bum today and try another set this morning! Let you all know on here how it goes...wish me luck!! :lol: x

Thanks again everyone for all this fab support...what would I do without this site - as a thank you to it I paid up to be a premmie again! :green: Well I'm gonna give me self an extra boot up the bum today and try another set this morning! Let you all know on here how it goes...wish me luck!! :lol: x

Good luck hun let us all know how u get on :) xxx:hug: xxx

Ok...so I practised some nails tonight, first time in ages as I have had loads on my plate recently, anyway on Tuesday I got my Creative conversion...but I'm crap, can't do them, smiles all wrong, ratio pants, just cannot do them at all...I feel worse now than when I first was training last year! I dunno wnat I'm gonna do cos I don't want to turn up Tuesday looking like I never done nails before - which is what I look like tonight! Don't know if they'll let me postpone it again as late last month I postponed til this month - as I lost a baby and my dog was put to sleep, so really as you can imagine wasn't up to doing it then. So tonight I just feel like packing it all in, not going to course and selling everything! :cry:

I'm sorry to here of what you have been going through. I can't imagine how you must feel. Don't cancel your course I was booking on for that then chickened out due to lack of confidence so now have to wait till Sept. It will do you good, hopefully boost your confidence. Good Luck

So tonight I just feel like packing it all in, not going to course and selling everything! :cry:

Oh no! Don't QUIT! Pick yourself up and get to that course. It is easy to become discouraged, especially when you really, really want something, but turn that around and the rest will come naturally when you've had some more training and practice...............

How do I know?? Been there, shed lots of tears the 1st few months on my own- trying too hard- but lots of phone calls to product help lines and reviewing what I already knew got me through it- :Scared:

And you're already a step ahead - you have the Nail Geek- oh how I wish I known about it then!!

You can do it!!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back