Just can't do nails no more!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
Ok...so I practised some nails tonight, first time in ages as I have had loads on my plate recently, anyway on Tuesday I got my Creative conversion...but I'm crap, can't do them, smiles all wrong, ratio pants, just cannot do them at all...I feel worse now than when I first was training last year! I dunno wnat I'm gonna do cos I don't want to turn up Tuesday looking like I never done nails before - which is what I look like tonight! Don't know if they'll let me postpone it again as late last month I postponed til this month - as I lost a baby and my dog was put to sleep, so really as you can imagine wasn't up to doing it then. So tonight I just feel like packing it all in, not going to course and selling everything! :cry:

Now that's why we go on training ... to learn. If we knew it all already and were perfect then why would we bother going? Don't postpone the course again, get on and do it and you'll surprise yourself. We all put things off that take us out of our comfort zone, it's called being human and I bet all the other peeps booked on that course are as nervous as you.

So next Tuesday night I want to see an entry in your journal that tells us how much you loved it. :lol: GO GIRL!!!! :hug: :hug:

Noooo, dont postpone again - you be glad you didn't when its over. You've got 5 days to practice, practice, practice, but like Sassy says you are there to learn so dont worry hun :hug:

dont worry babe.you'll do fine iv felt like that loads of times.you'v got all us behind you.you can do it

We all feel like that when we go on courses...just go for it, you will be surprised and maybe it will give you that boost that you so need.:hug:

Be positve hun you will feel so much better after you have done your course I am sure your tutor will be able to advise you and I bet you iron out those problems quick as a flash
Stay strong think positive it will all come good......promise

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry about your loss chick. You have to keep going. Can't pack it in. You started on the journey for a reason and shouldn't walk away from that. Sure a day of training will get your juices going as you get to see yourself progress in a matter of hours and feel good about it.

Keep the faith!

have to agree with sassy on this one flower, go to the course, its what they are there for, youre probs just thinking this way cos of nerves, but everyone else will be feeling the same, so dont let this put you off, once you been on the course, youll feel so much more motivated, then you will get on with it and do what you love.

ps. youll love the course flower, id put money on it

you have loads of time to practice, try to set aside the whole of saturday or sunday and with each set you do on your training hand you'll get back into the swing of things.

Tomorrow is another day, if you are passionate about nails, please please please persevere, thats what makes perfection, just dont give up, I nearly did, when I found the going tough, and had personal problems. But, with the help of this site my friends and tutor and determination, I cannot express how glad I am I stuck with it. You will too, give it time, but believe in yourself.. Keep it going and keeps us informed. xx:hug:

I agree with everything everyone has said hun and as i said to ya before, your just out of pratice the nails u did on me when we first met were great hun and u had practiced some on the nail trainer, I know how u feel though i was getting really down about it and then decided to pull my finger out and do some and i suprised myself and did the best set ive done so far, think it was the boost i needed, I think u will be fine on tuseday just practice loads and loads and if u need to practice on me u know u can i really dont mind :) xx:hug: xx

Ahh thanks guys for all your support, :hug: it's what I need, I don't have much faith in myself these days. I just cannot do that damn training hand!! I am so rubbish at the longest nail on it! My brush also lost about a trillion bristles tonight cos it got welded with acrylic! Arrrrgh!! :mad:

Aw hun.

Obviously you are feeling a bit stronger now, but your only human hun. We all have off days, I am opening a salon, and I done some nails on myself the other day and they looked completely PANTS. BUT - I didnt give up, I got my brush out again, and pinned my mum down and told her 'You ARE having your nails done' :green:

and they came out fine.

Like others have said, you are there to learn. Thats why its called training! :) - you will learn new things, and I would personally be sooo excited about asking loads of questions, and taking in as much of it as you can! Think about all those new techniques and tips you can try out once your home!

Go for it girly - and tell us how it goes! You'll be so glad when you have done it x

That nail trainer is a nightmare to tip!

Aww thanks again! So they won't expect me to be the best nail technician out there right away then....will they teach me their way of doing smiles and all that??

brookzi - im sorry to hear about your bad time you've had.

But PLEASE go on the training hun, i always come back from training ABSOLUTELY BUZZING.

You'll be fine babes:hug:

Amb x

Aww thanks again! So they won't expect me to be the best nail technician out there right away then....will they teach me their way of doing smiles and all that??

of course they will flower - i look forward to your thread AFTER you done the course

I am so sorry to hear about your difficult times, I know how it feels to want to throw in the towel and give up. Just remember, nothing worth having is ever going to be easy...we will always run into brick walls when we are pursuing our dreams, are you going to let the brick wall beat you??? NO!!! You are going to kick it down, file it down, push it down, but YOU WILL GET IT DOWN!!! You have all us geeks behing you cheering you on!!
GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :hug:

Where's a cheerleading smiley when you need it?? :lol:

LOL!!! Aww all u geeky guys make me smile! Big hugs to you all for supporting me in this :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

they are there to help you hun in what ever you need.
you go to learn.
you will be great hun.

looking forward to you telling us all how good it was and how much you enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back