Just introducing myself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashew

Reaction score
New York City, NY, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, V
hi all--to start, I feel I have to be honest....
I'm not a nail tech, I'm a Nurse in good ol' NYC, NY, USA.

Nice to meetchas...

I came here after paroozing the net, looking for better manicure techniques to use at work... (nail care is a nurses responsibility in the nursing homes... see-- we do have a 'trained manicurist' in the facility, but she charges.. and, if you're a 'granny-dump'-no family visits, or supplys the basics, like nail and hair care, you don't get seen by said manicurist, leaving it to we nurses and aides to properly maintain our residents.)

I am not trained in nail care beyond 'Wash your hands' motto of nursing care. Yep, my nails are in a state 99% of the time.. it happens.

I am also amazed and impressed over the art you guys do! Its so beautiful, I'm continually in awe.

:)
I hope to glean more faboo info from you all!
--Cashew

welcome hun xxx

Cashew said:
hi all--to start, I feel I have to be honest....
I'm not a nail tech, I'm a Nurse in good ol' NYC, NY, USA.

Nice to meetchas...

I came here after paroozing the net, looking for better manicure techniques to use at work... (nail care is a nurses responsibility in the nursing homes... see-- we do have a 'trained manicurist' in the facility, but she charges.. and, if you're a 'granny-dump'-no family visits, or supplys the basics, like nail and hair care, you don't get seen by said manicurist, leaving it to we nurses and aides to properly maintain our residents.)

I am not trained in nail care beyond 'Wash your hands' motto of nursing care. Yep, my nails are in a state 99% of the time.. it happens.

I am also amazed and impressed over the art you guys do! Its so beautiful, I'm continually in awe.

:)
I hope to glean more faboo info from you all!
--Cashew

Hello & welcome, i feel sad after reading that :cry: !

I would like to go into hospitals & do manicures on patients, wouldn't even mind doing it for free if it cheered them up :)

hello and welcome xxx:hug:

Im quite new here too,but everyone heres so helpfull.
welcome:)

Welcome to the site x

it really is sad.... so we aim to do our best!
--Cashew

hiya and welcome xxxxx

Good for you for taking the initiative of helping out your patients. I think that's wonderful. I know what you mean about 'granny dump'. My mom is an in-home caregiver here in Washington state and she sees that ALLLL TOO MUCH!
Michele

i cant believe people could just abandon there family its a shame and i think what you are doing is great so well done

oh and welcome

angela

Latest posts

Back