"Just" Shellac??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floss26

Reaction score
From reading this forum regularly I know that there are quite a few geeks offering mani/pedi and Shellac only. I realise that Shellac is enormously popular right now so I'm really interested to know if that's enough to get started with, or would it be best to wait and get to grips with at least one enhancement system before I unleash myself on the public? :lol:

I'm planning to do mobile and have a salon at home, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else very local offering Shellac, I'm also hopefully in quite a favourable position in that I live on a large military base - so should I just go for it?? I guess I'm just concerned that if and when I do manage to drum up some interest, any potential clients will be put off by the fact that I'm not (yet) offering a full range of services.

I would say go for it! I've been doing Just Shellac for a year now and the opposite of what your thinking has happened. My clients love that it's just Shellac they see it as a positive. I had the exact same worries and thoughts as you before I started. I'm now fully booked most days, and I am now feeling like I can grow and bring in other systems now that I have established a client base and more importantly I have the confidence in myself! SSx

When you start to do Shellac, you will be more than encouraged to do other treatments. Shellac is a good add on to manicures and pedicures as you can up sell it as a 2 week manicure instead of ordinary polish. You do need to charge accordingly for Shellac though. It is a good product when applied properly and when clients DO take care of it. Charging less than £25.00 for Shellac is so not worth it, so think carefully about this as well.

I am trained in all three enhancement systems and since I started introducing Shelac I haven't done a single set of enhancements. The odd repair with fabric wrap, but no L&P or gel.
So I would say do it, the ladies who love their french nails can still have them, everyone loves being able to grow their own nails and a luxury mani & pedi will beat a nail bar hands down every time.
In your shoes, I would add semi permanent eye lashes to the menu but I wouldn't wait to open for business, I'd start with the Shelac and add the lashes when possible.

I am trained in all three enhancement systems and since I started introducing Shelac I haven't done a single set of enhancements. The odd repair with fabric wrap, but no L&P or gel.
So I would say do it, the ladies who love their french nails can still have them, everyone loves being able to grow their own nails and a luxury mani & pedi will beat a nail bar hands down every time.
In your shoes, I would add semi permanent eye lashes to the menu but I wouldn't wait to open for business, I'd start with the Shelac and add the lashes when possible.

Lol.... Just read your comments, and wanted to share my experience! I have been doing lashes for a year, and have decided to add nails on, I am starting with just Shellac, before I do my Calgel training in May! Since I started advertising last week I have been inundated with a whole new clientele! Nervous but excited..... I also plan on doing tan training! Good luck anyway.

Wow! Some really positive responses there, thanks so much everybody!:biggrin:

I definitely plan to learn other systems along the way but it's good to know that Shellac on its own will be enough to get me up and running.

Latest posts

Back