Keratosis Pilaris, any good products to help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
My friend is getting married and sufferes with keratosis pilaris in her arms. She moisturises, body brushes and exfoliates but it's not getting any better and she wants rid if it for the big day.
Has anyone used or got any recommendations of products or treatments?

Thanks

If you do a search there is quite a bit of good reading on here already and things hat may help.I think its one of those problems where different things may work for different people.How long has she got until her wedding.

My friend is getting married and sufferes with keratosis pilaris in her arms. She moisturises, body brushes and exfoliates but it's not getting any better and she wants rid if it for the big day.

Thanks

Oo I get this so will be interested to see what solutions there are to help :) x

Thanks

Ps i do not condone sunbirds per se however when I go in the sun or have used a sunbed in the past , the bumps go ! X

Ill be keeping an eye on this one too!

Environ hydrating lotion it great for keratosis Pilaris :D

Environ hydrating lotion it great for keratosis Pilaris :D

Exactly what I was going to say. Mixed with the body oil it works wonders!

Thanks! I'll pass it on.

I have this on my arms too.

I recommend good exfoliation, good moisturisation & NO PICKING! A product with salicylic acid will help to remove the keratin plugs.

I know its not a professional product, but on my wedding day I used Sally Hansens Airbrush Legs (but on my arms) as this is water resistant and covers minor imperfections without rubbing off.

I hope that helps.

I have this on my arms too.

I recommend good exfoliation, good moisturisation & NO PICKING! A product with salicylic acid will help to remove the keratin plugs.

I know its not a professional product, but on my wedding day I used Sally Hansens Airbrush Legs (but on my arms) as this is water resistant and covers minor imperfections without rubbing off.

I hope that helps.

Hmm mine has a mind of its own , think the weather affects it as I can go for months with it being minimal then bam all of a sudden lots of little bumps !!

Exactly what I was going to say. Mixed with the body oil it works wonders!

Yeah both products would be ideal! But even on its own its amazing. I have really bad keratosis Pilaris on my bum and hip bones. Along with exfoliation it's the only thing that has helped:D

Ooh! didn't know you could use it on it's own. I'll remember that!

Ooh! didn't know you could use it on it's own. I'll remember that!

It's much better to use with body oil but its the hydrating lotion that helps the keratosis Pilaris. It's great for dry, hard feet too :)

It's much better to use with body oil but its the hydrating lotion that helps the keratosis Pilaris. It's great for dry, hard feet too :)

Is it the avst lotion and the pre cleansing lotion ? On the website and there is a myriad of products!!

Dermalogica body hydrating cream is fab for that too x

Is it the avst lotion and the pre cleansing lotion ? On the website and there is a myriad of products!!

No the pre cleanse oil is for the face. It's called AVST hydrating lotion, I think if I can remember it used to be called derma-lac lotion so may still be called that in South Africa if you are looking at the main website. Best to call 02084502020 to find your nearest stockist x

Microdermabrasion can be done on the arms, and can really help.
I done it for my sister who suffers the same problem! And obviously a good body moisturiser x

Latest posts

Back