Kettlebell training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so naffed off. I'm eating about 1200 cals a day AND going to the gym 5 times a week where I burn 350/450 calories and been the same weight for a fortnight.:rolleyes: Getting very down about it.
Also, you might not be eating enough calories, if you're doing all that exercise! Your body can go into starvation mode when you're not eating enough.

Have you tried logging your food and exercise in something like Myfitnesspal, it will tell you if you're eating enough.

Also, you might not be eating enough calories, if you're doing all that exercise! Your body can go into starvation mode when you're not eating enough.

Have you tried logging your food and exercise in something like Myfitnesspal, it will tell you if you're eating enough.

Agrees, up your cals to 1800 one day then 1400 the next :)

I do this! Its hard work, and as others have said the first time I did it, I could get out of bed the next day. I am also hungry after so it does make me eat more, but I had a dress I bought just before I first started which didnt fit me, and after a couple of months (I think just through to toning) it fitted! I hate exercise but really enjoy this. Feel like i do more in an hour once a week than I ever do at the gym daily!

So I went gym after work and ran 7 miles on the treadmill then did an hour Kettlebells. I wouldn't recommend it, deffinatly no good if your thighs are already fatigued ;( had to lower down to 5kg lol

Did my second class today! Wrecked tired but feel it working out everywhere !

I'm struggling to sit down or get up and down the stairs today because of my thighs! Still can feel it has worked every muscle in my body, should I do it again tonight or will it be to painful? X

I'm struggling to sit down or get up and down the stairs today because of my thighs! Still can feel it has worked every muscle in my body, should I do it again tonight or will it be to painful? X

No, give it a rest day. Your muscles need time to repair in order to grow x

You shouldn't do weights on consecutive days, unless you're working specifically on different muscles. Gove it a rest today and do tomorrow.

A swim would be the best thing to do

Thanks girls, will definitely rest them today then! (Thank god lol) x

Ooh thank you girls for your tips, will try them and see xx

Thought id do a search to see if anyone else doing this type of class! I just did my first kettlebell class last night...im in so much pain today! Even tiny movements hurt! My treatment room is upstairs, dont know how im gonna last til 7pm! Anyone else still doing it? Are u seeing good results?

Thought id do a search to see if anyone else doing this type of class! I just did my first kettlebell class last night...im in so much pain today! Even tiny movements hurt! My treatment room is upstairs, dont know how im gonna last til 7pm! Anyone else still doing it? Are u seeing good results?

I have been doing it for over a year and am getting quite pro at it. In fact on top of my two hour classes a week I am doing the ab specific routine 3 times a week on top of running. I feel so strong and have amazing shoulders and chest muscles and my core stability has improved ten fold.
It hurts the first two times, usually 48 hours after is the worse but your body adapts. I am up to 8kg and the only time I now get pain is if she has me doing too many lunge based moves but I know that this will soon adapt. Persevere, ibroprofen is great if it gets too much but its so worth it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been doing it for over a year and am getting quite pro at it. In fact on top of my two hour classes a week I am doing the ab specific routine 3 times a week on top of running. I feel so strong and have amazing shoulders and chest muscles and my core stability has improved ten fold.
It hurts the first two times, usually 48 hours after is the worse but your body adapts. I am up to 8kg and the only time I now get pain is if she has me doing too many lunge based moves but I know that this will soon adapt. Persevere, ibroprofen is great if it gets too much but its so worth it

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like youre getting on fabulously! Well done! Still in so much pain today, ive always excercised on and off but ive been 'off' for a while so just starting all over again!
Im thinking about going to class again tonight but im not sure i'll actually be able to do it as still really painful legs? Should i wait or go for it?
I really want to stick with it, im getting married in may 2014 so that is motivating me, but i do want to improve myself anyway not only because im getting married. I do feel like my body is very weak and pathetic so really looking towards losing fat and getting a strong lean body! I definitely need to persevere as you suggest. :D

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like youre getting on fabulously! Well done! Still in so much pain today, ive always excercised on and off but ive been 'off' for a while so just starting all over again!
Im thinking about going to class again tonight but im not sure i'll actually be able to do it as still really painful legs? Should i wait or go for it?
I really want to stick with it, im getting married in may 2014 so that is motivating me, but i do want to improve myself anyway not only because im getting married. I do feel like my body is very weak and pathetic so really looking towards losing fat and getting a strong lean body! I definitely need to persevere as you suggest. :D

Id wait. I could barely walk for 48 hours afyrr my first few classes. I did a class last night and was up at 6am doing 45 mins in the back garden. It has taken me a long time to get to that level x

Id wait. I could barely walk for 48 hours afyrr my first few classes. I did a class last night and was up at 6am doing 45 mins in the back garden. It has taken me a long time to get to that level x

Ah right, maybe i'll wait. I may see what tomorrow brings and go to class then instead of tonight :D

Ah right, maybe i'll wait. I may see what tomorrow brings and go to class then instead of tonight :D

I would. Rest days are as important as work days when building/toning. Maybe go for a quick bike ride or a walk/jog x

Can anyone recommend a good DVD and what weight to start off using!? I really want to get into a good routine but struggling with motivation after work :(

Can anyone recommend a good DVD and what weight to start off using!? I really want to get into a good routine but struggling with motivation after work :(

I have put a routine together from the internet. Really easy to do.

I started with 4kg and am now using 8kg with 6kg on stand by for isolation work. Eg if I want to work specifically on mt shoulders I will do clean and press 30 secs each side, halo, shoulder press, kickbacks, steering wheel,high pull, renegade row. High reps low weights but if im full body and lots of swinging I use 8 all way through.
If your reasonably fit start of 4. If youve never done weights then go for 2kg. Make sure you buy solid metal ones rather then plastic sand filled as they last longer and are a better shape x

Latest posts

Back