Kim Lawless speed waxing course, wax product question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befab

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, im doing the the kim lawless speed waxing course tmrw and im soooo looking forward to it!! , im currently using the euro blond hot wax and am very pleased with the results, amazing wax, i also bought the crystal ocean wax and am finding it difficult to work with, as its a bit stringy and sticky and im finding that its not really taking all the hairs out compared to the sallys lavender wax that i use, but i know there must be something wrong with how im using it so im hoping that il able to get that sorted to tmrw as i know kim uses it as well, but i would love to know how many of you who have done the speed waxing course carried on using your normal wax and still found the speed waxing technique usefull, as i may want to stick with the warm wax that i currently use , hope my question makes sense x

Can't help on the wax front I'm afraid, but will also training with Kim tomorrow and Wednesday and also really looking forward to it. Not sure if I'm more excited about the training or the finally getting rid of the Gorilla underarms, legs & uni brow - don't even want to mention the 'nether regions'!!! See you there!

Omg same here!! Lol, my eyebrows are so bad at the mo, yes look forward to class tmrw xx

i find cristal ocean doesn't remove all the hair either and as its meant to be used at a fairly high temp Im scared to go over same areas too often. just bought some perron rigot nacree blanche and hope i get on better with that.
but i think i must be doing something wrong too as if its good enough for Kim it should be good enough for the rest of us! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It could be the heat of your wax that is making it stringy and as for the hairs not coming off are you pressing down the paper strip well before removing?

I trained in speed waxing with Kim earlier on this year and she is fab and will go through everything with you and answer any questions. It really is a great day, I can't wait to go back and do more training with Kim even if it is 5 hour drive each way.

Shelley X :)

Well iv just brought the metal spatulas and they are great, my sallys lavender wax went on very thin and smoothly but i would really like to start seeing results with cyrstal ocean,,im scared too about turning temp up too high incase i burn, i have been on the discovery day which was great but still not getting consistency right x

I trained with Kim last month. I enjoyed it soooo much. She will put you right when you train , but basically she works with it very watery so it looks like oil on the skin. If anything I find it drippy!!! X

Ok hope i get use to it, as majority of people who do use it say its such a good economical product, i mean i must admit its pricey and because im home based i cant charge salon prices. So although iv asked how much to charge question before im still not sure what is too low or too pricey?

I ve never used anything different so to be honest I ve never looked at other product prices . I would say though, why can t you charge salon prices? I m home based and a lot of my clients prefer that than going to a salon. If you are providing the same service , using high end products and are trained by the best in the business why not charge the same? That's my take on it anyway xxx

Wait until tomorrow and all will become clear!:twisted: As the lovely Charlotte remembers………..I use the wax so thin that it looks like oil glistening on the skin. I get every hair out every time, so it's all down to technique. Trust me……….you'll get every single hair out when I show you how to wax. xx

Ok hope i get use to it, as majority of people who do use it say its such a good economical product, i mean i must admit its pricey and because im home based i cant charge salon prices. So although iv asked how much to charge question before im still not sure what is too low or too pricey?

Don't ever under price you're self because your a home salon. X :)

I know your right, my treatment room is lovely and professional, and yes i will be training with the best, how would you go about explaining price increase to customers??

I know your right, my treatment room is lovely and professional, and yes i will be training with the best, how would you go about explaining price increase to customers??

It's always harder to go up than down unfortunately !!! It depends how much you are going to increase your prices on what you say. Pm what you charge and what you are going to charge! X

Ok brilliant thankyou, will do that this evening, just wanto say thank you to all the lovely geeks, i think its brilliant to help each other out with advice and great to listen to everyones opinions. xx

If you had a personal trainer or a chef come to your home, you would pay them double or more. Whether you're freelance (mobile) or run a home salon, charge what you are worth and if they don't like it, they can find someone else. Be the best freelance therapist. x

Totally Kim. I did a bikini wax last week. My client said, it was the best least painful one she had ever had!! And she wasn t even a friend!!! And that was only my third one!! What I m trying to say is,( rather than blowing my own trumpet) , is why should I charge less than the others that have waxed her and caused her more pain !!!!!!! Lol!!!! Anyway - you get the gist of it. I ll shut up now!! X

Can I be a little cheeky and jump on for a second:

Kim, (or anyone that has done Kims course)

Do you cover bikini waxing in your speedwaxing course? is it just basic bikini?

As you may know (Ive been saving the pennies and posting about it) I want to do the female intimate waxing, I feel my waxing is good except on this front, just how speedy is your speed waxing? Im intrigued to know whether to save for then both now! :)

Not cheeky!!!

Speed waxing covers everywhere so to speak including basic bikini.

I have no frame of reference as I was a complete wax beginner. However there were a lot on my course that waxed already. I ve kept in touch with them and they have improved a lot due to Kim's method .

Hope that helps x

Can I be a little cheeky and jump on for a second:

Kim, (or anyone that has done Kims course)

Do you cover bikini waxing in your speedwaxing course? is it just basic bikini?

As you may know (Ive been saving the pennies and posting about it) I want to do the female intimate waxing, I feel my waxing is good except on this front, just how speedy is your speed waxing? Im intrigued to know whether to save for then both now! :)

Just to add, I did the intimate course the following day. I know one of the girls on that, a experienced waxer, has since booked to do speed waxing x

Thankyou for this.

Do you feel you're confident with the intimate waxing since training?

I have no doubt that the speed waxing would improve my technique, I am just wondering how much :)

Latest posts

Back