Kindest acrylic system for nails, recommendations needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petals&Potions

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've always vowed that I'd never do acrylic nails as I've seen so many damaged nails because of it! :cry: I always promote care of the natural nail and I've seen some incredible developments in clients nails due to this! BUT I'm having to turn so many customers away as some people are simply adamant that they want acrylics.... so the long and short of it is that I've decided to dance with the devil and start offering acrylic nails as a service! :twisted: Can anyone recommend the best product on the market when it comes to nail care??

Thanks! :hug:

You will probably find a lot of replies stating that its down to the technician doing the service and the client following aftercare x

As with most things, the best product is good training.

No nail enhancement should damage the nails, whether it's liquid and power acrylic or hard gel (they are all derived from the same family so gel is not better than acrylic)- and they needn't be filed away to nothing :eek:

I'm personally a CND girl. I love that they provide me with the best products and give me the flexibility to create the perfect enhancement for every hand. I would recommend that you try as many try me products as you can until you settle on thr product that suits you - but be aware that you won't get the absolute best results until you take a specific training class with an educator.

Another way to try rhe products is to visit some technicians in your area for a treatment.

Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I completely understand how you feel and when I decided to become a nail professional I spent months researching "the best acrylic nails" to avoid the damage I had spent years experiencing myself from various nail enhancements. I personally opted for CND as I liked what I read with regards to reviews and the course content. As Linzi said, it is down to the individual technician but I can personally vouch for the fact that CND/S2 courses teach you to treat the natural nails with ultimate respect.

I have a number of clients who started with L&P (acrylic) enhancements to grow their natural nails then swapped to CND Shellac once they were happy with their natural nail length. I would never have imagined that was possible prior to my training.

Best of luck with whichever path you chose xxx

Last edited:
Thanks guys! A lot of love for CND then!

I use OPI gelcolor atm, which I love - so I've enquired with them about the Absolute Acrylic - closest training centre is in Bristol though! Has anyone used that? If so, what do you think?

I like the suggestion of using the same brand gel as acrylic as the two will link nicely! :)

I want to make sure I get it right as I don't want to switch on my clients halfway through! xx

I trained with Absolute and never quite liked it, I have since switched to CND L&P and I havent looked back! I get support when needed and my clients love their nails

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Not sure why you have asked the question in this thread if you have already made up your mind?

Nail damage is down to bad prep, bad workmanship, or bad removal.

With CND you have the most gentle prep which uses the least number of products of any brand. You also have the fastest and most gentle removal of any products from any brand. You also have a company culture of "do no harm" to the natural nail. You asked about 'kind' products ... CND have products that do no harm and methods that are kind and gentle. I hope that is an answer to your question.

It's cool to use a different brand for acrylic to gels...just as long as you don't mix your systems.

I use cnd brisa gel and shellac because I personally need to work with a hypoallergenic product and I use nsi for acrylics because I got used to it on my college course and like that there is a wide range of colours available :)

Latest posts

Back