Knitting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The toy patterns are from Laura Long's "Knitted Toy Tales". I've knitted a pig, cat and a mouse as well from the book. I shall have to take some photos of them!

I just had a look at the book online and managed to have a peek at one of the knitting patterns and for the life of me I can't understand it! I think I first need to teach myself how to read knitting patterns.

Off for some googling.....

I think i might learn to kit
Youtube! :lol: I linked a bunch of basic stitch tutorials to my friend. All you need to learn in the beginning is how to cast on, knit stitch, and purl stitch :)

One of my friends wants to give her neighbour a cheesy silly christmas jumper for Christmas and has asked me to knit it!

Attachments

• christmas_jumper72.jpg
    christmas_jumper72.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 143
One of my friends wants to give her neighbour a cheesy silly christmas jumper for Christmas and has asked me to knit it!

Omg that's amazing!!!! Haha I want it - and the model hahaha ;)

My goal is to knit a Christmas jumper!!!

It's a pretty easy pattern, I can send it to you if you message me your address :) and mm he's quite tasty isn't he!

It's a pretty easy pattern, I can send it to you if you message me your address :) and mm he's quite tasty isn't he!

Thank you so much - have messaged you :D xx

Do you like my latest creation?!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350670438.106377.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350670438.106377.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 94
Do you like my latest creation?!

That's fab!! I started on my Knitivity last year, so have been thinking it's time to get it back out again and maybe start knitting the three wise men!

The pink blankie I was making last week:
blanketpink.jpg

My youngest trying to pinch it lol:
pinkblanketJosef.jpg

As he wanted to pinch his cousins blankie I had to make hime one so here is the blue one I am working on now:
blanketblue.jpg

Not quite finished but nearly there so he tried it for size:
blanketblueJosef.jpg

Knitting is terribly fashionable here in London - we have coffee mornings in dedicated posh coffee shops called 'Stitch and B*tch' ! Naughty name but fun! He he ;) They are always full of young ladies gossiping and having fun eating cake while working on a project.

I taught myself to knit from You Tube five years ago when I was seriously ill to give myself something to do and keep my spirits up when I couldn't sleep. I haven't looked back since and I love it! Here are a few if my humble creations;

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734017.693625.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734017.693625.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 85
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734026.010743.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734026.010743.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734035.107015.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734035.107015.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 71
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734045.327632.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734045.327632.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 69
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734057.274065.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734057.274065.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 81
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734063.860382.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350734063.860382.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 72
I have just took up knitting again,i find it really relaxing. I too was taught as a child but can still only knit in a straight line.
loving the knitted items pictures ladies,very inspirational :)

Knitting is terribly fashionable here in London - we have coffee mornings in dedicated posh coffee shops called 'Stitch and B*tch' ! Naughty name but fun! He he ;) They are always full of young ladies gossiping and having fun eating cake while working on a project.

I taught myself to knit from You Tube five years ago when I was seriously ill to give myself something to do and keep my spirits up when I couldn't sleep. I haven't looked back since and I love it! Here are a few if my humble creations;

Wow I can't believe you taught yourself - these bits are amazing!!!! I'm also really loving the sound of knit and b1tch!!! Wonder if there are similar things near me ;)

Baggy I love the blankets!!! How long do they take you?? That's my problem...speed...I'm still quite slow :(

Ahh thanks hun ;)

I have just took up knitting again,i find it really relaxing. I too was taught as a child but can still only knit in a straight line.
loving the knitted items pictures ladies,very inspirational :)

Same here! I can only do squares, and as for patterns, no chance!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last things I knitted.. I really should get my needles out and make more.. I'm horrified to think I've two grandaughters n not knitted them anything.
Things are gonna change ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350932194.562661.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350932194.562661.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350932204.981836.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350932204.981836.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 50
Last things I knitted.. I really should get my needles out and make more.. I'm horrified to think I've two grandaughters n not knitted them anything.
Things are gonna change ;)

Aww they are adorable!!!! You should get your needles out again!! x

i usually crochet rather than knit but you have all inspired me to get my kneedles out and I'm going to make a xmas jumper. Although I started it and my mum came in and pointed out that I have 3 other projects on the go so maybe I should finish things and not just start new ones.

Oh god! No word of a lie, I always have about 4 projects on the go - some of which I then don't touch for 12 months! I'm terrible! I get bored too quickly and am too impatient to jump onto the next project I'm lining up! ;)

Latest posts

Back