Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done these on myself this morning.

China Glaze polish background in Below Deck, with silver effect Barry M for the printing.

Please excuse the very quick polishing!!

Konadsilverroses-1.jpg

So do Barry m polish work for stamping :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

New 2012 bundle monster plates have arrived and I just wanted to say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes! Barry M instant effects in silver and gold work lovely.

New Bundle plates??! Woohoo! I need to find some pics. :D

I'm ghoing to do my nails this afternoon with the new bundle moster designs, any ideas?

Konad'ers, I have a challenge for you!

I love the matte and gloss look. This morning I have been trying to stamp onto a matte polished background (just normal black CG polish and Essie matte topcoat).

For the stamping (in a rose pattern) I have tried the Konad topcoat and Lumos and it is not having any effect at all. You cannot see it.

I even tried stamping with the black Konad SP, but still nothing.

Can I achieve a gloss pattern over a matte background without doing it freehand?

Please tell me one of you has tried and been successful.

Konad'ers, I have a challenge for you!

I love the matte and gloss look. This morning I have been trying to stamp onto a matte polished background (just normal black CG polish and Essie matte topcoat).

For the stamping (in a rose pattern) I have tried the Konad topcoat and Lumos and it is not having any effect at all. You cannot see it.

I even tried stamping with the black Konad SP, but still nothing.

Can I achieve a gloss pattern over a matte background without doing it freehand?

Please tell me one of you has tried and been successful.

I painted mine black a few weeks ago, applied matte topcoat then konad with black sp polish and it came out really well. I don't have a pic but I'll try it again tomorrow and post a pic for you. x

How strange!

Which matte topcoat was it? Although I can't see why the TC would make a difference. I may try the stamping again tomorrow just in case I should have left it to dry much longer in between. Although if it is the case, that's pointless for clients!

I had a play with the new bundle monster plates today! Please xcuse the shoddy paint job I was in such a rush to try out the designs!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

How strange!

Which matte topcoat was it? Although I can't see why the TC would make a difference. I may try the stamping again tomorrow just in case I should have left it to dry much longer in between. Although if it is the case, that's pointless for clients!

It was opi matte that I used. but only lasted about a day before the matte started to wear off at the free edge. So not really Ideal for paying clients which is a shame as it looked fab x

I tried again yesterday and it's definitely not working for me.

Such a shame. :|

Is there anywhere cheaper to buy konad? I really want one but my funds are limited atm x

Is there anywhere cheaper to buy konad? I really want one but my funds are limited atm x

I bought a starter kit from amazon for about £15, then just added to it. When I went to Olympia last year they sold everything separate aswell as in sets. Plus I think the plates were buy 2 get one free or something like that. I can't remember 100% so it worked out quite cheap. x

I bought a starter kit from amazon for about £15, then just added to it. When I went to Olympia last year they sold everything separate aswell as in sets. Plus I think the plates were buy 2 get one free or something like that. I can't remember 100% so it worked out quite cheap. x

Hey thanks for the reply I didn't think to look on amazon :) x

Hi everyone,

I am knew to konad, had a go at stamping last night and I am already addicted!!! I love it!! I got a promotion kit for a fiver and used it on gelish which already had a topcoat cured and sticky layer wiped off and was really pleased with it. I tried ALL off my gelish polish's to stamp and none came out well, very wishy washy!! One of my old barry m works and I have a small white Konad SP that came with my kit that is ace.

So my question is what polish's would you use to start up? I am thinking a SP in white and a barry m foil effect in silver as reading the thread this seems popular?! I have spent ages looking at different plates BM, Konad (bit expensive for me!!!) and those large plates on ebay but can't seem to find the 'perfect' set to buy to start out.

Many thanks, and love all of your pictures :) Amy xx

Hi everyone,

I am knew to konad, had a go at stamping last night and I am already addicted!!! I love it!! I got a promotion kit for a fiver and used it on gelish which already had a topcoat cured and sticky layer wiped off and was really pleased with it. I tried ALL off my gelish polish's to stamp and none came out well, very wishy washy!! One of my old barry m works and I have a small white Konad SP that came with my kit that is ace.

So my question is what polish's would you use to start up? I am thinking a SP in white and a barry m foil effect in silver as reading the thread this seems popular?! I have spent ages looking at different plates BM, Konad (bit expensive for me!!!) and those large plates on ebay but can't seem to find the 'perfect' set to buy to start out.

Many thanks, and love all of your pictures :) Amy xx

Totally addictive isn't it!! :)
The ones I use the most are konad sp in white and black. And Barry m silver and gold foil. With those 4 colours they will match pretty much anything you use them on.
Hope that helps. x

Any non Konad white red green or black that work well ?

Any non Konad white red green or black that work well ?

Polishes that only need 1 coat usually work for me, but tbh I don't really use any other colours other than those I stated. However when I was first getting into konad I bought green,red, dark red, pink, yellow and blue but have never used any of them lol. x

Polishes that only need 1 coat usually work for me, but tbh I don't really use any other colours other than those I stated. However when I was first getting into konad I bought green,red, dark red, pink, yellow and blue but have never used any of them lol. x

Thanks for the reply. I have a nice Christmas plate and want a green and red to work with for that plate and I have a love themed plate too.

Totally addictive isn't it!! :)
The ones I use the most are konad sp in white and black. And Barry m silver and gold foil. With those 4 colours they will match pretty much anything you use them on.
Hope that helps. x

Thanks Cheekychick, they were the ones I was going to get :)

Now for plates lol. I am thinking the BM 21 pc set on amazon, just need to check my gelish TC works with the SP I have before I go mad!! As I really want it to work with my gelish xx

Latest posts

Back