Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi geeks,

I am really hoping someone can answer my Konad questions. I have just bought a plate and scraper and am looking to know the following:

How well does Shellac Blackpool stamp? (I'm thinking leopard print)
Do I need to top coat then stamp then top coat again? Or stamp on to the 2nd colour coat?

I've been through the best part of this thread and don't know. I am worried I have bought Blackpool and it's going to go to waste now :(

Thanks in advance xx

Can anybody help me? :o

I may be wrong here but I don't think you can stamp WITH shellac, but you can stamp ON it. The konad polishes (and the metallic polishes recommended throughout this post, barry m, miss sporty etc) are slightly thicker and so suitable for this type of art.

If you want to stamp with black, get a Konad black polish.

And just do your coats of colour, cure as usual, then stamp, by the time you get back round to first finger it should have dried, then top coat x

Hi

Shellac generally won't stamp. I found one thread where someone had been successful with iced cappuccino. The general rule is a polish has to be opaque after one coat for it to stamp. As you know you meed 2 coats with Shellac

However, you can stamp Konad special polish on top of a Shellac mani and then put on another layer of top coat over it and it should last.

Thanks for your replies guys! Have just ordered a couple of polishes so I can stamp happy!

I am so patient hehe xx

20130311_232315_zps50a2b8e1.jpg
just an example of my most recent stamping.... Went quite well considering how much pain I'm in lol (pregnancy is fun) but at least I'll have pretty nails in hospital ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100

Tried one stamp on my little sister last night with Shellac, just got a confirmation email saying my Konad polish has been shipped so looking forward to trying it properly later this week :biggrin:

This is Blackpool with Cream puff, obviously not very clear as its Shellac, I really see what you mean about how you need a thicker polish xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 331
20130311_232315_zps50a2b8e1.jpg
just an example of my most recent stamping.... Went quite well considering how much pain I'm in lol (pregnancy is fun) but at least I'll have pretty nails in hospital ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100

I love this, what plate is it?
Vicki x

Tried one stamp on my little sister last night with Shellac, just got a confirmation email saying my Konad polish has been shipped so looking forward to trying it properly later this week :biggrin:

This is Blackpool with Cream puff, obviously not very clear as its Shellac, I really see what you mean about how you need a thicker polish xx

I guess it could work with shellac if someone wanted a more subtle look? Worth playing around with the colours you have you never know!

Sent from my GT-I9100

Polishes arrived and had a wee play around on my sisters nails! Cream puff zebra print :p tried stamping a couple of flowers on my thumbs but found it really difficult. Can't believe how quickly the polish dries too! Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 353
Do they change colour if you use TIO like they do with polish top coat?

Not sure I used Seche Vite as sometimes I like to change my stamping. I've got completely wrong colour on to try it out at the moment. I'll be changing next week so could let you know then. I'll post a picture.

Had a request for a stamping image of a pig from a lady that collects piggies :) Apart from the Konad M30 image plate, does anybody know of any other image plates (Bundle Monster etc) that has a cute pig image I can invest in? :lol:

Had a request for a stamping image of a pig from a lady that collects piggies :) Apart from the Konad M30 image plate, does anybody know of any other image plates (Bundle Monster etc) that has a cute pig image I can invest in? :lol:

I don't know of any, you could do this though:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363419413.469203.jpg

Haha! I'll have a look through my collection, see if I can find anything ;) xxx

I don't know of any, you could do this though:

View attachment 30448

Haha! I'll have a look through my collection, see if I can find anything ;) xxx

That is too cute GlamourEyes! :lol: Would appreciate you having a look at your collection for me, just in case there's any cheeky little porcines hiding in there! xxx

That is too cute GlamourEyes! :lol: Would appreciate you having a look at your collection for me, just in case there's any cheeky little porcines hiding in there! xxx

I'll have a look today Hun, I don't think I have one, but I'll check :) xxx

Here's mine today. Ignore the bit missing at the bottom of my little finger, didn't realise until after I top coated and took the photo. Grrrrr! Lol. I've touched it up now.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363508731.346092.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363508731.346092.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 381

Latest posts

Back