Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine today. Ignore the bit missing at the bottom of my little finger, didn't realise until after I top coated and took the photo. Grrrrr! Lol. I've touched it up now.

You wouldn't even notice until you pointed it out - these are gorgeous!!

Here's mine today. Ignore the bit missing at the bottom of my little finger, didn't realise until after I top coated and took the photo. Grrrrr! Lol. I've touched it up now.

These are lovely! Are they 2 different stamps? Not sure how you got the print thicker on some nails? X

PHP:

Stunning ... and I only noticed the missing bit because you pointed it out :lol: xx

Thanks everyone :)

Yes they are 2 different stamps :) xxxx

I'm very new in using Konad, iv done a handful but still getting used to it.

My question is, if you have a design that goes off in a direction, so not French tip, full coverage or like a centre one but one that you would have to mirror to get the look right whether it's on hands or feet.

I did a shellac pedi, and she wanted a simple star design. So chose the plate (can't remember the number) where there a a group of stars in a half Semi circular design. It was just on her big toe, and as this is a large area I doubled up in the design and placed it on the right hand side. But then when I put in in her other toe on the left hand side the pattern was going the same way when what I really needed was it the opposite way round.

I hope I'm making sense, or am I missing a really obvious trick with the Konad!

I'm very new in using Konad, iv done a handful but still getting used to it.

My question is, if you have a design that goes off in a direction, so not French tip, full coverage or like a centre one but one that you would have to mirror to get the look right whether it's on hands or feet.

I did a shellac pedi, and she wanted a simple star design. So chose the plate (can't remember the number) where there a a group of stars in a half Semi circular design. It was just on her big toe, and as this is a large area I doubled up in the design and placed it on the right hand side. But then when I put in in her other toe on the left hand side the pattern was going the same way when what I really needed was it the opposite way round.

I hope I'm making sense, or am I missing a really obvious trick with the Konad!

Hi Hun, the only way I have found to do it is to have two stamps. Pick up the image as normal on the first stamp, quickly stamp it onto the second stamper and apply this the nail. You have to be really really quick but you will get the mirror image you want. Practice makes perfect. I hope I've explained clearly enough? Xx

Hi Hun, the only way I have found to do it is to have two stamps. Pick up the image as normal on the first stamp, quickly stamp it onto the second stamper and apply this the nail. You have to be really really quick but you will get the mirror image you want. Practice makes perfect. I hope I've explained clearly enough? Xx

You see I didn't know you could do this? That's brilliant, right I best get practicing!

Not sure I used Seche Vite as sometimes I like to change my stamping. I've got completely wrong colour on to try it out at the moment. I'll be changing next week so could let you know then. I'll post a picture.

Well just tried it and no they don't change colour with TIO

Tried to get a photo but it's not v. clear - smudge thumb so tried that with Seche Vite in comparison to Left hand which has TIO.

Still like pale purple colour though

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363738259.989423.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363738259.989423.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 438
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363738273.939572.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363738273.939572.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 394
Well Geeks I'm one of those people with wide thumb nails so am always on the look out for larger images. New Cheeky 2013 jumbo plates look like they may fit the bill.

Spellbinding Nails: New Plate News from Cheeky

I know they aren't out for a couple of weeks but has anyone got hold of a set to try out. Can you confirm size of the actual images?

Well just tried it and no they don't change colour with TIO

Tried to get a photo but it's not v. clear - smudge thumb so tried that with Seche Vite in comparison to Left hand which has TIO.

Still like pale purple colour though

Fab, thank you! Think I will get them then as I love the lilac colour!

hi, do any of you guys know of any image plates with skulls or other goth type designs. I have a client who likes the dark side lol :lol:

Hi there

I have had my kit since Christmas time last year, i have used it once.

I went to use it the other week over acrylic however i was gutted when the image wasnt picking up on my stamper.

Any suggestions as to what i have done wrong.

xx

Try buffing your stamper as it needs a little friction to pick up the image. Sounds drastic but it really does work! I also find scraping with a store card (thank you Superdrug!) works better than the Konad scrapers - but make sure the angle of the scraper is very small (approx 30 degrees) so as not to remove too much polish.

hi, do any of you guys know of any image plates with skulls or other goth type designs. I have a client who likes the dark side lol :lol:

The post from LEF earlier mentioned the new Cheeky plates and the first set had a few skulls on....

I am sorry, I haven't read all 101 pages - I have done search though and nothing has come up but.. Has anyone tried nail stamping with Seche varnishes? Or has anyone had success using nail stamps with acrylic paints? Hope someone can help - thanks xxxx

My first attempt this morning as I lost a gel!

This is biosculpture 117 with Barry M silver BM 323 plate and biosculpture clear gel over the top....

(The other fingers are 2 weeks on of same base colour and Irresistible Glitters Red Holographic)

Attachments

• konad1.jpg
    konad1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:

Are the new konad plate full images larger than they've been on past plates? Been looking at the new designs and looks like they are but not sure x

yes they're huge! On one lady who's photo I haven't put up yet there was loads of overspill because her nails are titchy lol! But will be great for longer nails, just need a decent larger stamp now as the one I bought from honkong keeps falling apart as you use it, not ver professional.

yes they're huge! On one lady who's photo I haven't put up yet there was loads of overspill because her nails are titchy lol! But will be great for longer nails, just need a decent larger stamp now as the one I bought from honkong keeps falling apart as you use it, not ver professional.

That's good the hear that they are bigger, my thumbs are quite wide so could never use the full coverage properly on them. Oh no not good about the stamper, let us know if you find one. Xx

Where did you buy the new plates from as they don't seem to be available on the Konad UK site yet? LOVE the heart plate!

Latest posts

Back