Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink, orange, green, gold, silver, black and white.

but reading other threads it seems that barry m foil effects work well so popping out later to get them. Also think i will sit down tonight and try all my konad colours on a range of different base colours (shellac) and list down what works etc then i can hopefully go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Thanks for your help on this, i have purchased my barry m and it works a treat.....next problem, i have so many stamps what do i have first!!! Lolx

Waffle4 like this?

A bit more "feathery" if there's one out there?! Thank you so much for helping though xxx
Btw I love your phone case - it's reflected in the plate :)

A bit more "feathery" if there's one out there?! Thank you so much for helping though xxx
Btw I love your phone case - it's reflected in the plate :)

I will keep my eye out

And thanks its a Tokidoki one, I love their stuff :)

I love this print is it a Konad? Which plate is it .. Thanks
It isn't Konad it's think its monster bundle, off amazon but can't find my receipt with details..hope the pic helps x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351072615.868264.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351072615.868264.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 395
Hi Geeks,

I'm new here but already checking salon geek all day long!

I have trained in Shellac and training in CND L+P and Brisa in Febuary. I am waiting impatiently for my bundle monster plates arriving today and have done myself a shellac manicure in rep for using them, but I was wondering at what stage would I use them?

Can I do full shellac with topcoat then stamp and extra topcoat? When I used d sperse after 2 colour coats it took a bit of the colour away, might be my application.

Any ideas very much appreciated! I'll be posting pics as soon as my plates arrive!!!

Sarah

I do the full shellac treatment, then stamp and re top coat. The only reason i do this is because if the stamping goes wrong i can wipe off and start again. I am fairly new to konad stamping so until im confident i will be using this method. Have fun stamping!!!!

Thanks, that's what I'm going to do tonight. Ordered a few konad special polishes but they haven't arrived but hubby has nipped out to get me barry m foil effects so I'll post some pics up soon!

Happy Stamping :)

Sarah

Please could you recommend a good starting set!

Evening geeks :)

So, it has come to Picci and I's attention that more and more people are discovering the magic that is konad!

It's not everyone's cuppa tea, and I know there are loads of other threads on here already about it. But for those of you who don't know what it is, how it works and want to learn more then this is the thread for you.

What is konad?
Konad is a form of nail art that is simply stamped onto the nail plate. The konad kit basically consists of an image plate, scraper, stamper and nail polish remover (or d. solve is fine if you have it)

Check out this video on the konad website, make sure you wait for it to load because it is really helpful in explaining how konad works rather than me trying to list a step by step: Konad Nails - Video

Konad is quick, simple and is great for those who are rubbish (like me!) at free hand.

Where can you buy konad?
You can buy konad from numerous websites here are just a few:
Konad Nail Art
Konad Nails - Be Creative, Use Nail Stamping for Beautiful Nails

Whats best to get you started?
Your best value for money when starting out is looking into a set such as the konad set B Konad Nails - Set B it has 3 polishes, 4 plates, scraper and stamper and it just brilliant to use when you are starting out.

Can you use 'normal' nail polishes to stamp with?
Genreally, the best polishes to use are the Konad special polishes as they have an acrylic base. however it is trial and error as some normal nail polishes do work. So if you have any, dig them out and try them and then you will soon know if they work or not.

To save 'clogging' up the nail forum with loads of konad threads and questions etc did you know that there is a special konad stamping group? if you have any questions please post them here as there are a vast array of avid konaders who will most certainly be able to help you. just follow this link Salon Geek - Konad stamping geeks

Having smudging issues?
When applying a top coat over your konad, be sure you have enough product on your brush and 'float' the top coat over the konad and do not go back over with the brush as this will cajuse the image to drag and smudge.:sad:

Can you use it with shellac/gelish etc?
Yes you can. Simply do your pep as normal, base, colour coats then top coat (cure as and when required) stamp (with konad special polish) onto sticky layer and finish with a final top coat cure.

Can you use shellac/gelish etc as the polish to stamp?
just like with the 'normal' polish it is trial and error. As i only use shellac I cant really comment on how well other brands work when useing them as the stamping polish. I have only found the Iced Cappuccino shellac to work ok when stamping. This is due to shellac being designed as a '2 coat colour system' and a bit looks washed out when stamped as most of the designs can not be stamped over to intensify the colour....but give it a go with a small design and see how you get on.

The only thing that is stopping you is your imagination and your creativity! hop on the band wagon and become one of our many great konaders :)

Oh...and please please use this thread for as many of your pictures to help show others just how amazing konad looks. Here are some of mine:

View attachment 8535 View attachment 8536
View attachment 8537 View attachment 8538

I have probably missed some info out that is helpful, i will add it in as and when :)

I hope you find this helpful.

Enjoy xx

Just to go right back to day dot and Jo and Picchi's original entry a good place to go back to from time to time xx

Please could you recommend a good starting set!

I originally got Konad set B. I'm now much more into full nail images and would chose larger image plates and stamper. Chez Deleny series A are larger images and they have a larger stamper - see
Scrapers & double XL stamper set for stamping nail art - Chez Delaney

If you want to go for even larger images Ninja Polish - a US site have the Drikk plates (originally from Brazil). See review

YouTube - Review and test of Drikk stamping plate Drk-A
Haven't actually got this yet but want it. Prob going to get my Hubbie to have it delivered to a collegue & bring it back from US after their annual conference. Price point is just above amount you are allowed to import before having to pay VAT and Post Office admin charge of £8.

I do wish a UK Supplier would start stocking these - it would make it soooooo much easier.

Last edited:
Hi ladies

I would like to know what are the MOST popular colours for Konad?

I already have, Black Pearl, White and Gold and I have just ordered a Pink, Red and Dark Brown.

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi ladies

I would like to know what are the MOST popular colours for Konad?

I already have, Black Pearl, White and Gold and I have just ordered a Pink, Red and Dark Brown.

Any suggestions would be great.

Personally I only ever use konad black, konad white, barry m gold,silver, lilac foil & their pink chameleon.
Had a few other colours (pink, red, blue, dark red, yellow, green) but they never got used and no one ever asks for any other colours, so I sold them in the end.
I've noticed I can stamp with some of my opi polishes that have gone thick and are nearly finished. So I just save them incase I ever need other colours. Xx

Xx

Ahh thanks for this thread, Set B has just been ordered and I can't wait :)

What konad have you used. They look really nice.

It's shellac tutti frutti with bundle monster stamp.

Can anyone recommend a good red polish for konad stamping? X

Can anyone recommend a good red polish for konad stamping? X

CND colour, the red stamps lovely:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My first play with stamping on my sisters nails.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351588702.147544.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351588702.147544.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 389
My first play with stamping on my sisters nails.

Beautiful!!! I like these! This was my first full attempt the other day over shellac Ruby Ritz

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351598552.090256.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351598552.090256.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 394

Latest posts

Back