Kupa E-File

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have begun having training to use an e-file and am thinking about purchasing a Kupa e-file. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between the Manipro, Manipro Max, KP1500 and KP3000?

Although I am a begginer, I do want a drill that I can grow with and not have to go out and purchase another one when I get more experience.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. :)

I only have tried the Manipro, it is very good but there is some vibation and the handpiece is plastic, so mine started to have a few cracks and eventually broke due to use. I would invest in something more robust if you have the chance. About the other i really can't say...
Currently i'm using another brand, it is very good, virtually no vibration metal hand piece with twist lock (even thow Kupa has slide in bits, i never had any issues with bits slidding off the handpiece). But i do find the handpiece a bit heavy, so you should probably take that in consideration too.

Thank you. This is the one I have tried at my course. It seems to be okay but don't know whether I need to be looking at something with a higher rpm.

For me RPM's are not really very important as i never use mine at max speed... I only used the Manipro up to 3/4 of the max speed, and i use my current one at 1/2 of the max speed. Too much speed means more friction and easier to burn someone accidentaly. Over time as your experience improves you'll use it faster, but eventually you'll find a speed that's confortable.
I would say durability and ergonomy would be much more important factors to consider for purchase.

Hi all,

I have begun having training to use an e-file and am thinking about purchasing a Kupa e-file. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between the Manipro, Manipro Max, KP1500 and KP3000?

Although I am a begginer, I do want a drill that I can grow with and not have to go out and purchase another one when I get more experience.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. :)

I used to sell and use the Kupa Manipro and have since discontinued. I found that the friction chuck would become loose over time and the bits would come out, it had vibration and 3 of the 9 I sold came back because the handpiece broke.

Kupa does have a great warranty, but to send it back to the US left me and my clients without an e-file for approx 2 months. Not great when the unit had only been purchased 2 months previously.

I started selling Medicool e-files since and am loving them. The have 4 bearing cases in the handpiece which equals no vibration, they have a locking chuck and they come with a really good instructional DVD.

Kupa Mani Pro has NOT been discontinued.. In fact the new models have a metal head on the handpiece.

I have owned one for 3yrs now & it does not vibrate at all. If it did I wouldn't be using it, as I have carple tunnel & the least bit of vibration makes it very uncomfortable for me..

I do gels 100% all day so my Mani pro gets heavy use. Its is much lighter than my erica mt20 handpiece ( that I sold ) . I also paid $500. for it.. I paid $150. for my mani pro.

To each thier own .. When or if this mani pro goes, I will be buying another one..

another thing Kupa is USA made ... not made in China.. Ebay is full of knockoffs..

Kupa Mani Pro has NOT been discontinued.. In fact the new models have a metal head on the handpiece.

I have owned one for 3yrs now & it does not vibrate at all. If it did I wouldn't be using it, as I have carple tunnel & the least bit of vibration makes it very uncomfortable for me..

I do gels 100% all day so my Mani pro gets heavy use. Its is much lighter than my erica mt20 handpiece ( that I sold ) . I also paid $500. for it.. I paid $150. for my mani pro.

To each thier own .. When or if this mani pro goes, I will be buying another one..

another thing Kupa is USA made ... not made in China.. Ebay is full of knockoffs..

I think you may have misunderstood me, Love. What I meant was that I discontinued selling them because of the issues we had - not that Kupa has discontinued the e-file - sorry if I wasn't clear.

I am glad you have had a great experience with your e-file - but I have not. Its not opinion that I wrote up above - but the experience I had with 3 different e-files. Considering we sold only 9 of them - those are pretty bad odds.

Having said that - I will repeat that they do have a great warranty - but it is only really effective if you live in the US - It takes 2-3 months to have warranty work done from Canada and that isn't good for my business.

I do use a Kupa manufactured e-file called the Pink Cadi. It is made by Kupa and sold only by INM and it is truly the best e-file I have ever used - but she's expensive. I use it everyday though, so it is well worth the money for me.

I just want to let the poster know that these issues have occured so she can make an informed decision when purchasing her file. I am sure that there are many, many manipro users that have had zero issues with their files.

I also only have experience with the Manipro - so the other models may not have the issues I have encountered.

i have had a kupa 3000 for 7 years and used it daily without any issues.

i actually think that rpms are very important. although its not neccessary to use the file on full speed, the motor of a 30,000 rpm tool will suffer much less wear and tear run at half speed than the motor of a 15,000 rpm tool that has to be run on full power.

it will be smoother and longer lasting.

IMO the Mani Pro is a waste of money. It doesn't have the torque and it vibrates too much to use. Very uncomfortable for the client and the tech.

Thanks heaps everyone for the info.

Does anyone have any further info about the medicool? Can it be purchased in Australia at all?

Also, has anyone know where to purchase the Kupa brand from in Australia?

I have also been told about a Saeshin Strong, does anyone have any info on these?

IMO the Mani Pro is a waste of money. It doesn't have the torque and it vibrates too much to use. Very uncomfortable for the client and the tech.

Cheryl
I don't know where you got your Mani Pro from or when. Mine has absoluty NO vibration at all. It has plenty of 'torque' :rolleyes:

It most certainly is NOT a waste of money.. That is your opinion..

Or have people heard of the Upower of phD drill?

I have and been looking into it as need a drill that is good for mobile! Looks really good. Still looking into it. There is a lot of videos on YouTube.
https://kupainc.com/upower-2g/

Latest posts

Back