LA tan feedback? thumbs up from me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Have been testing La Tan recently on clients and have to say I am very impressed so far. Just wondered how everyone else who has been using is getting on?

The LA Gold 10.5 is a hit with the paler ladies who don't want to go too dark. I have found that it needs quite a lot applied to the face on some clients for it show up as dark as the rest of their body, but it's still a hit.

The disco is going down great too. I have a pale blonde client to wanted to try it and she says she loved it as did others clients who were quite pale to start with. Most people do want their tan to show up well so I think this is the reason this is so popular. There doesn't seem to be the problem of DHA overload causing the "orange" tinge with the disco either, which is a bonus.

I am just getting to grips with the 10 and 12 at the moment.

Does anyone use the 8% at all. If so does which solution is it most like when sprayed, i.e. double dipped like the 10 or single like the La gold 10.5? I have just been using the 10.5 La Gold on clients that as scared of too much colour but wondered if the 8 might be better suited to this?

im a sienna x user but recently got some LA Tan in.

I used the Gold on myself but thought it was a little orange (im pale) I used the 10 on my friend last night as she loves in as it's more of a matt brown colour that the sienna 8.5 she usually has. I havent tried the 8 yet but might on me next week.
The Disco i trialled on a friend who had never had a tan before she really liked it but was freaked out by the tanning developing during the evening! She said to me she looked like trevor macdonald! but next morning after her shower she was happy with it.

Hi

i have so far tried the 10 , the gold the 12 and the 18 (only on myself though, noone else has been brave enough to try the 18) .

the feedbck i have had for the 10, the gold and 12 has been great. all positive and they hava all moved over from the fake bake to La tan.

I cant fault the product, I love their customer service, delivery time and general professionalism.

SO its a big thumbs up from me and my customers.

the 18 was super scary though, I looked liked a bourbon biscuit with eyes and teeth whilst it was developing, but the colour washed off great, and 8 days later it still looks rather fab!!!!!!

tigi

Thanks tigi, the "bourboun biscuit" line will stay with me every time I do a disco tan now (lol)! Better try not to laugh in front of the clients though!

Anyone else have feedback?

hi i've been using la tanning and i've had some really good feedback an my tan looks fab, i had a sample of the LA Disco an i tried it out on a girl last night, i txt this morning to ask how it was as i was really worried about how dark it would be but she txt back to say that when she washed it off she was white like she hadn't even had a spray. i'm really confused i've only been doing this for 2 weeks so i'm a bit gutted today an wondering if its anything ive done :rolleyes: any ideas ??

i still love la tan tho :lol:

I would ask her to pop by and have a look for yourself. It could be that she thought she was getting too dark and decided to wash it off early?
Although even after washing the tan off, as long as you have had it on for 2-3 hours, I have found that it continues to develop.

Some people take 24 hrs to develop. Ask her to check her knicker line after 24 hrs to see if it has fully developed.

just to add. You could have been spraying too lightly due to the dark colour guide and you panicking in case she was too dark? If so I would spray her again.

hi
i sprayed her last night an like someone said she did look like a boubon biscut lol
i know she had a shower this morning cos she's in work now i'm going back later to re spray her i'm wondering if she did shower it off because she wans't a 10 tonight!!!!
i sprayed her sister earlier an last night she was all for a disco tan but she had a 10 this afternoon :rolleyes: saying that if a disco don work no point aving it :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that when she washes off the 10 then she will not be as dark as when she was sprayed. Most of the colour guide washes off. Normally with the disco you are a similar colour when developed to the colour you are when just sprayed.

Strange she wanted the 10?

is dove the culprit???? if she used it to prep then you can bet its stopped the tan from taking !

im a sienna x user but recently got some LA Tan in.

I used the Gold on myself but thought it was a little orange (im pale) I used the 10 on my friend last night as she loves in as it's more of a matt brown colour that the sienna 8.5 she usually has. I havent tried the 8 yet but might on me next week.
The Disco i trialled on a friend who had never had a tan before she really liked it but was freaked out by the tanning developing during the evening! She said to me she looked like trevor macdonald! but next morning after her shower she was happy with it.

my friend went like that from the disco, especially on her neck for some reason and was panicing a bit but after her bath in the morning she loved it.

i must say though for those not brave enough i have started mixing disco with gold eg 70ml disco 30ml gold. turns out a bit darker than 12 but a gorgeous colour. Thats a new favourite at the moment i just call it gold disco on my bottle.

I do panic when someone wants spraying with disco incase its far too dark for them so find mixing with the gold is a great alternative.

love la tan. Have had a few people ring that ask 1st what tan I use and they have all never used or heard of it before. only about 2 people so far havent booked but only because they wanted st tropez. lots ask me what the la tan is like and when they see my tan they always ask have you got that on now (i always wear it) and they're happy then. I use the gold disco on myself.

:hug:

would any users of la tan be kind enough to pm please
many thanks
Amanda x

I know I have already sung their praises on here but I have just placed another order with them today and feel the need to sing them again. Customer service is first class, i wont go into too much detail but i got a stonking deal :green:

Great product. I still use my Sienna x as I have clients that love it but i also have clients that prefer the more brown colour that LA tan offers. Plus as its alcohol free I personally find it less drying on my legs and therefore less lizard like (i dont always practise what i preach when it come to moisteriser :eek:)

I love LA Tan and my clients seem to as well. I think the Disco is one of my most popular colours at the moment, clients love it.

The only problem I have is with the LA Gold, tried it on my sister who thought it looked orange and also had it sprayed on myself and loved the colour but thought the way it faded wasn't very good.

I have got almost a full bottle of the stuff and don't whether to persevere with it as I'm not offering it to my clients at the moment but don't really want to waste it either... I certainly won't be buying it again....

Jackie

I love LA Tan and my clients seem to as well. I think the Disco is one of my most popular colours at the moment, clients love it.

The only problem I have is with the LA Gold, tried it on my sister who thought it looked orange and also had it sprayed on myself and loved the colour but thought the way it faded wasn't very good.

I have got almost a full bottle of the stuff and don't whether to persevere with it as I'm not offering it to my clients at the moment but don't really want to waste it either... I certainly won't be buying it again....

Jackie

I would try it again on both yourself and a volunteer before giving up on it. I have used it quite a lot recently. I ask clients if they would prefer a golden tan or a more brown tan. If they say they want golden I use the La Gold. If you are still not convinced then why not mix it with the disco as others have done?

I am still curious about the 8%. Does anyone know if it is the same formula as the La gold 10.5 or is it like the normal "double dipped" 10% etc?

I used the 8% when sampling. I used it on a client that is very pale/blue tinge to skin, the colour guide was not particularily dark compared to any other solutions i have sampled with that percentage, it was a while back and cant really rememeber that well but i know the CG was not reddish and also did not looks scary or dark she came out a very nice colour once developed.

I used the 8% when sampling. I used it on a client that is very pale/blue tinge to skin, the colour guide was not particularily dark compared to any other solutions i have sampled with that percentage, it was a while back and cant really rememeber that well but i know the CG was not reddish and also did not looks scary or dark she came out a very nice colour once developed.

Thanks, i might get the 8% as this is the only one i don't have!
I do feel that the La Gold that i am using for all palers ladies at the moment could be a bit too dark for some but not all. It would be good to have a solution for the scardey cats! (lol)

hi , i have only started using la tan and the no. 8 is quite orange i thought . the no 10 is a brownie matt , personally i thought it was kinda dirty lookin rather than a tan . does anyone think this?am doing lots of friends over the weekend to experiment with the different strengths tans maybe mixing the gold with the disco..heres hoping.....has anyone tried mixing the 8 with disco?? seeing as t 8 is kinda orange maybe it might be nice with the disco as well??:idea:

are you talking about the CG?

hi guys . i just sprayed my friend with la disco and the minute i sprayed her under arms they went completly darker shade to the rest of her body . she assured me she took off al her deodorant . i def wasn standing to close . everything worked out fine bar the under arm . this never happened with any of the other strengths. anyone else come accross this problem ?after she left i was thinkin maybe she just shaved but i really dont think so as she came straight from work :mad:

Latest posts

Back