Lady wants free nails from over a year ago!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last year around this time my exhaust broke off and a lady helped me take it off so it wasn't dragging and I could drive it home. I have her a card and told her to give me a call and I would do her a complimentary set of nails to say thanks.

I have just received a text now, a year later asking for the free nails lol. The lady said that her daughter was diagnosed with cancer after I gave me her card and just getting round to things and would like some nails done for Xmas.

I would of happily done them if she had text maybe 3-6 months but not a whole year.

I have just started my new job due to needing money and business is slow so I am doing my shellac and nails on the side so every appointment I have is time and money and I can't afford to go and do a free set of nails at the moment.

Just surprised to have a text a year later.

What should I do? Maybe offer a % off? X x

Hiya, if you didn't give her a time limit of when she could take the offer up, then I think you should still do them for free. She has explained why she didn't contact you sooner, and at the end of the day, she still helped you out when you needed it. X

Yea sorry I have to agree, she helped you and you offered to give her a free service as a thank you, she has obviously been busy with everything as she explained and ok it's a free set but she may turn into a full paying new client and I think her explanation for not having them sooner is reasonable.

I think you should honour it, she didn't have to help you at the time but she did out of kindness. Show her the same kindness back, especially since you know she's had a tough time lately.
She could become a regular and if not other people will see your work and potentially book with you.

I would do her nails, give her loads of business cards and I'd say she'll help you out again &#128522;

I wouldn't even question it!! She helped you out and you said you would doit for her!! You never know she could be a regular client!!!

I think you should. As mentioned above portential new client, she helped you. She has obviously ha a tough year and i would hope nobody wouldn't be genuine about something like that!

Maybe just fit her in after your last appt one day then you are not filling a paying clients space... Or say your really busy upto xmas and if you do hve a spare app or someone cancels you can fit her in last min and you wouldnt be pushing paying clients out the way for a free booking.

Make sure you do your best and when all her friends compliment her. Chingching... New clients! X

Without a question I would do them JUST because she helped you when you really needed some help.

Regardless of whether she has a good reason or no reason at all.

Do you really think you could tell this angel who helped you that her time has expired or she has to pay half price???

Come on lovely, do the right thing.

xxx

I think you should. As mentioned above portential new client, she helped you. She has obviously ha a tough year and i would hope nobody wouldn't be genuine about something like that!

Maybe just fit her in after your last appt one day then you are not filling a paying clients space... Or say your really busy upto xmas and if you do hve a spare app or someone cancels you can fit her in last min and you wouldnt be pushing paying clients out the way for a free booking.

Make sure you do your best and when all her friends compliment her. Chingching... New clients! X

No I hope not either.

I have text her all available apps which are few and far between as working, moving and decorating a new house and have all my regulars booked in the evenings when I'm not at college and the OH is not at work.

She needs them done this week as she is going out at the weekend so she will get back to me.

Thanks all x

A thank you for the act of a good samaritan should have no expiration date.

People complain all the time about people not helping someone obviously in need. Here someone went out of her way to help you, and you are balking about returning the favor? Why would you hesitate? You need to make this a priority. This is a wonderful opportunity to get new clients. Give her some of your cards. She's going to be out and about celebrating XMas; make sure her nails are so fierce that all her friends are asking who her new nail tech is.

Last edited:
A thank you for the act of a good samaritan should have no expiration date.

People complain all the time about people not helping someone obviously in need. Here someone went out of her way to help you, and you are balking about returning the favor? Why would you hesitate? You need to make this a priority. This is a wonderful opportunity to get new clients. Give her some of your cards. She's going to be out and about celebrating XMas; make sure her nails are so fierce that all her friends are asking who her new nail tech is.

I cant make it a priority if I have no time, a time that she wants. I have offered my appointments this week but she is insisting times I do not have.she wants them before she goes out tomorrow night and I can't leave my job to go and do someone's nails who helped me pick my exhaust off the floor.

I have offered so that is all I can do.

Do it... She might become a new regular customer... With friends who may even use you in time to come x

Blimey! She helped you when I'm sure many passed you by. You should be only too pleased to repay her kindness………more so now on hearing that she's been ill.

I think you should do them as everyone says, potential new client. But I personally think you shouldn't go the extra mile, do it when it suits you. A year is a long time to return a favour and yes she helped you but you don't give to receive :)
I sound heartless haha I'm not!

I have already said I would do it but she is not happy with any of my appointment spaces as she wants them for a night out tomorrow.

I cant do anymore than that.

Bake her some cakes instead :D

If you can't fit her in dont worry, she's waited a year, she can wait a bit longer!
But yes, tell her you are very grateful and of course would be more than happy to do them in the new year.
I'm sure she understands that you are busy.
I would actually say that if when she comes, if her daughter is still poorly but is able to have hers done, I'd offer her a free treatment too as a one off to make her feel better for a little while! Word of mouth spreads like wildfire if you go the extra mile :)

Lol but clearly stop there, u can't do freebies for everyone ;)

Hi all,

Last year around this time my exhaust broke off and a lady helped me take it off so it wasn't dragging and I could drive it home. I have her a card and told her to give me a call and I would do her a complimentary set of nails to say thanks.

I have just received a text now, a year later asking for the free nails lol. The lady said that her daughter was diagnosed with cancer after I gave me her card and just getting round to things and would like some nails done for Xmas.

I would of happily done them if she had text maybe 3-6 months but not a whole year.

I have just started my new job due to needing money and business is slow so I am doing my shellac and nails on the side so every appointment I have is time and money and I can't afford to go and do a free set of nails at the moment.

Just surprised to have a text a year later.

What should I do? Maybe offer a % off? X x
Whats the big deal? if it was then or a year ago? She helped you, you offered this to her and now here she is. This can go one of 2 ways. You will never see her again or she is a client for life. Suck it up and do what you said you would.

I cant make it a priority if I have no time, a time that she wants. I have offered my appointments this week but she is insisting times I do not have.she wants them before she goes out tomorrow night and I can't leave my job to go and do someone's nails who helped me pick my exhaust off the floor.

I have offered so that is all I can do.

I am not blaming you for being busy. I just want you to remember your sense of gratitude when she helped you and respond as you felt then. If you can't fit her in this week, then offer to do a little bit more next week. But if there is anything you can shift to get her done now, it is worth doing. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back