Lamps for Biosculpture and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sironside

Reaction score
I am recently returning to work from Maternity Leave, I have been doing BioSculpture Gel, Acrylics and manicure for many years. But have just completed a Gel Polish Course and am looking at taking on Shellac as well.

I already have 1 Biosculpture lamp but am looking at getting a 2nd Biosculpture Lamp, but now have seen the Bio have introduced an LED Lamp with 30 second curing times. Is this lamp compatable with Shellac? and if so is the curing time 30 seconds?

I only work part time hours due to childcare and cant really justify having 4 lamps (2 bio and 2 CND) but at the same time want to ensure the lamps are curing the gels correctly?

Any advice please ladies?

Hi sironside, only the CND or Brisa lamp will properly cure Shellac. HTH! :)

Shellac MUST be cured in the CND lamp, not in the Bio lamp. (Bio cures in the CND lamp though). Shellac is NOT LED curable. If you plan on introducing Shellac alongside Bio Sculpture then get the CND lamp, it really is a great lamp. Also not all of Bio Sculptures gels are LED curable anyway. :)

I use Shellac and Bio and cure both in the CND lamp. CND lamp is much better than the Bio one x

I would also recommend taking the CND Shellac class as Shellac is not a gel polish and vital information like this you will learn on the class

Each Shellac colour has its own formula and is specifically calibrated to be cured in 2 min under a CND UV lamp. To ensure adequate curing and longevity of your CND Shellac service it is imperative to use Shellac as a system, including a CND UV lamp. :D

I have a gellux led lamp, im very new to all this, but having problems with bio lifting (currently doing training, i know my prep and nail is dry. ) Spoke to bio sculpture and they said Im using correct LED gels, but it could be lamp not curing, have any of you used the gellux led with bio. I really dont want to buy a new lamp as this was quite expensive, but wondering if any one else had problems. If I do have to buy a new lamp, what good cheaper alternatives UV are there that work ? I'm just back off maternity so my funds are quite limited. Any advice and models on UV's that work would be great x x

Latest posts

Back