Lash advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
I have been lashing on and off r about 2 years. The course o did was extremely basic and products were awful I have learnt a lot more from this site! ! I'm still not happy with my lashes and looking for some advice.
When I trained I was taught 2 dip practically the whole lash in2 the glue then swipe twice down the natural lash wipe of excess and place false lash on top. When I wat h videos etc I have noticed people only put a tiny amount of glue on the bottom and only bond the Base of the lash. Is that what everybody does? How does everybody apply the lash?
Also I wondered does everybody lash every lash? Even the really long ones that will prob naturally fall out in a couple of days. Because again when I watch videos people don't really seem to lash the long ones.
Sorry for the long post lol and tia xxx

Hi Hun. That does sound like a lot of glue!! If you have a decent glue there is no need for that much. I use flirties ultra, it dries in 1-2 seconds but they do have expert glue which is about 5 seconds I believe. Anyway, I've seen 2 methods of glueing and applying...firstly swiping~but only dip the extension into the glue a little bit~just a couple of mms~and then swipe once and place. This should be plenty of glue. I've also seen some lash techs dip and place (no swiping) but then they are experienced at how much glue to use!! You don't want to end up with a blob of glue.
Maybe swiping is best for you, but as I say, get a decent glue and you only need a tiny amount. This will prevent any stickies etc as well so you'll get a lovely uniform even set of lashes [emoji4]
I do lash most lashes, unless they are curling or frizzing all over the place.
Hope that helps. XXXX

Hi Hun. That does sound like a lot of glue!! If you have a decent glue there is no need for that much. I use flirties ultra, it dries in 1-2 seconds but they do have expert glue which is about 5 seconds I believe. Anyway, I've seen 2 methods of glueing and applying...firstly swiping~but only dip the extension into the glue a little bit~just a couple of mms~and then swipe once and place. This should be plenty of glue. I've also seen some lash techs dip and place (no swiping) but then they are experienced at how much glue to use!! You don't want to end up with a blob of glue.
Maybe swiping is best for you, but as I say, get a decent glue and you only need a tiny amount. This will prevent any stickies etc as well so you'll get a lovely uniform even set of lashes [emoji4]
Hope that helps. XXXX
Hope that helps. XXXX
Thank you yes that does help. I use flirties expert glue. Do you make sure that the whole natural lash is bonded or do you just bond the Base? X

Thank you yes that does help. I use flirties expert glue. Do you make sure that the whole natural lash is bonded or do you just bond the Base? X
Hi,
I'm only new to lashes myself but I was taught by Frankie Widdows and she teaches only to bond at base.
Hth
Klaire

I have been lashing on and off r about 2 years. The course o did was extremely basic and products were awful I have learnt a lot more from this site! ! I'm still not happy with my lashes and looking for some advice.
When I trained I was taught 2 dip practically the whole lash in2 the glue then swipe twice down the natural lash wipe of excess and place false lash on top. When I wat h videos etc I have noticed people only put a tiny amount of glue on the bottom and only bond the Base of the lash. Is that what everybody does? How does everybody apply the lash?
Also I wondered does everybody lash every lash? Even the really long ones that will prob naturally fall out in a couple of days. Because again when I watch videos people don't really seem to lash the long ones.
Sorry for the long post lol and tia xxx

You only need to dip/swipe the glue into the base, i them wipe of excess before placing on lash. Theres a facebook group called lash obsession ul which is brill for advice x

Hi,
I'm only new to lashes myself but I was taught by Frankie Widdows and she teaches only to bond at base.
Hth
Klaire
Thank you. I have been watching her videos her lashes ade lovely x

You only need to dip/swipe the glue into the base, i them wipe of excess before placing on lash. Theres a facebook group called lash obsession ul which is brill for advice x
Thanks. I've just requested to join xx

Latest posts

Back