Lash extension help - shock to client’s own lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_aerx

Reaction score
hi all!

I had a client who had been having her lashes done for a long time with another person, that lash tech went on maternity leave so she came to me for lashes. I used what I normally do, they looked great and she went away happy. 2 days later she said they were all falling out (not with natural lash on), so i offered to do it again thinking it might be there was some left over debonder as I wasnt sure what else it could of been?

She went away again and the same thing happened. So she messaged her old lash tech and found out everything she used which I then purchased all of it (all lashperfect products), i've used them, so far shes not messaged saying they've come out again and has booked her infill for 2 weeks, they are just coming out as usual.

Is it possible clients can get used to a certain brand of lashes and products etc and then using something different doesnt react well?

I am getting alot of enquiries from people who have lashes and want to come to me so i've suggested having a few weeks rest but some of them dont have the time (eg going away next week), so i've said ill do it still but im worried it'll happen all over again?

I get so confused and frustrated when i get the odd client saying they are losing more than normal lashes and some people come back for infills and still have so many!

thanks all,

amy x

If you have used a primer or protein remover there should be no debonder on the lashes to cause any issues,
The weather has been playing havoc with the adhesives though as we have gone from cold temperatures and low humidity straight into the opposite and the warm temperatures are causing the adhesive to behave differently.
Have you got a hygrometer to keep an eye on temperature and humidity in your room?
Also how are you storing the adhesive as both can have an impact on retention?

I think I need to get myself a protein pads, I worry that I can’t use different primers with different glues? Not sure if that’s makes a difference but some glues I use don’t have matching primers. Yes my hygrometer is my life saver! And I store the adhesive in the vacuum sealed container from lash base

Can you recommend any good protein removers?

A primer or protein remover should work no matter which adhesive you use as it removes any natural oils or protein from the lashes which can help to create a better bond.

If its only this client, could it be aftercare that is causing the problem?

Ahh okay! I didn’t realise. I had it in my head that a primer and different glue wouldn’t work together.

It is and it could possibly be but I find it impossible to get an answer out of them as to where they may be going wrong. I’ll give a primer a go and see if that helps! Thankyou

Theoretically protein removers and primers should do the same thing. You can get them in liquid form and also as wipes and everyone has got their own personal favourite.

Yes it can be difficult to narrow down what the cause is especially if clients are not willing to help with information regarding their skin care routine, make up, etc.
Maybe suggest that they use an oil free make up remover and cleanser daily as that might help a bit? x

Latest posts

Back