Lash extensions- changing brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashed11

Reaction score
Hey peeps. Need some advice! Im trained with nouveau extensions and have been using them for a couple years now and was happy with them up until a couple months ago... One of my clients aske for her lashes to have more of a curl (she gets 13s/14s), and nouveau dont do this length in a curl :-s.... So obviously, in aid of fulfilling my clients request i sourced c curl lashes in 13/14 from secret lashes, i also bought c curl in size 12s at the same time to compair both products...And try them out!

Now i have to say,i was dubious about the quality of the secret lashes before they arrived as they are much cheaper than the nouveau ones, but i was very impressed- i couldnt tell the difference between the nouveau and secret lashes! Also tried some lash fx glue that i quite liked too!

Im getting all my flyers redone/updated and im thinking of changing my extensions completely. I should probably add that im freelance! I used to advertise "nouveau extensions" and charge 70 full set and 50 half, £35 maintainance...when i originally started eyelash extensions, not many people done them at all, but now years later they are available all over the city for really cheap! Eventhough my prices were advised by nouveau, i cant help but feel like they are too expensive now that there are other techs charging alot less- using different products- but still, makes me consider changing brand...

i have a strong clientel base with lots of regular "addicts" :) im just not sure what to do now though... Do i stay loyal to nouveau because they are a well known brand and keep the prices the same? Or do i change to secret lashes and other suppliers and therefor lower my prices?
Or another thought i had was to combine the both- nouveau glue an some nouveau lashes with some secret lashes? But then how would i advertise this? "nouveau/secret lashes eyelash extensions" it looks silly, no? And then there is the pricing aspect!

I cant decide whats best! To change or not to change! :,(

Hello, anyone?

i trained with marvel, but after reading all the threads on here i am going to get the salon kit from flirties and re train with them.

Are you loosing your clients to the cheaper brands? If not, I'm not sure why you need to change your prices, whether or not you stay exclusive to Nouveau? Do you enjoy your client loyalty because of using Nouveau or because you are a great eyelash extensionist?

Even though I love Nouveau as a company and use their products with no problems, I can't say that I ever remember anyone coming to me for lashes and saying, "I have come because you do Nouveau Lashes". They come and say, "I saw 'so n sos' eyelashes and they looked beautiful, can I make an appointment for you to do mine?"

Clients are loyal because of your technique and expertise - not because of the brands you use.

Most of us lashers on here use a mix and match of products. We have all tried and tested many brands and settled on our favourites.

I use flirties and eyelash emporium glue, eyelash emporium gel pads and lashbase lashes.

My clients aren't interested in what brands I use.

If you want to maintain the Nouveau name in your literature, why not advertise yourself as "nouveau trained" technician??

That means you are not misleading anyone and can use whatever products you feel are best for you and your clients.

HTH

Thanks for your replies! :)

I havn't lost any clients technically, but a couple have recently been mentioning "my sister gets hers done for £25 maintainance and they are amazing" etc, and it makes me worry! I just explain yeah thats fair enough we all have different products/training/experience etc, but it makes me feel a bit awkward...

With regards to nouveau, one of the reasons i was dubious about changing brands is because i have had a few clients find me because they were looking for nouveau... But to be honest your right, most clients arent fussed.

About the pricing... I feel that if i started using more lashbase/secret lashes products which are really good -but cheaper- then really i should be lowering my price to reflect this? Or do you think there is no need to lower the price as the price is a reflection of the quality of the treatment provided/ the results?

Good point about mentioning "nouveau trained", i like that idea... Because then its not like im advertising a nouveau service when im using a mixture... Thanks!

:)

I trained with lash perfect. I was told that product costs per treatment were minimal (not to my eyes when there's such a huge outlay!!!) and that we should be charging clients for our time and skill not just product costs. Therefore I don't think you should change your prices x

Latest posts

Back