Last minute bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
Do you get booked up in advance or are they all last minute. I seem to have people phoning up wanting the next day or two, never a couple of weeks in advance. For example the beginning of this week (Monday morning) I had no bookings at all then by now (tues evening) I have 2 dashing diva mani's, 1 dd pedi, 3 shellac mani's and 2 shellac pedi's! And these are all booked in between this Thursday and Monday. I also seem to get a few calls on a Friday urgently needing a Saturday, which is a shame as I have no babysitters that day as my husband is at work! Of all the days! I am really pleased with this but would be nice if I had some advance bookings so I know what's coming. How does it go for you?

Hi Violet,
I find the same at my salon. Most of my bookings are made more or less last minute, although i do have regulars that rebook every visit, but some weeks i look at my appointment book on a monday morning and panic as there is hardly anyone booked in for the week but by wednesday i have clients that have booked last minute for a day that week and before i know it im run off my feet :) xx

Mine tend to be all last minute. Mondays is my busiest day for clients making appointments for the rest of the week. Most of my clients are regulars and they just tend to text me.

Mine used to be last minute until recently when I have become busier and people are being occasionally turned away - they are now thinking ahead and booking in advance, only by a couple of weeks though :)

Being beauty, alot of appointments will be made reasonably last minute as something comes up or people suddenly think 'ooh, i fancy a tan/eyelashes/wax etc'.
Although, some treatments like nail extensions/eyelash extensions/waxing will mean regular appointments so they will book in advance.
I always say to people to book in advance to get the day and time they want, but you will always get the last minute bookings-which sometimes are a godsend.
x

Fairly similar story here too!

I have my regulars that rebook every 2/3 weeks for Gelish or rebalances for gel or l&p.

Then I also get people who decide that they need something doing asap and want an appointment this week! I also look at my book sometimes and think - oh dear! But within days I am pretty booked up. I do alot of bookings via facebook, I had 4 bookings alone on Sunday for this week.

It is a good mix of both for me, although I could always be busier! I am now finally getting to where if someone a certain date and time they are wise to book in advance. It has taken 4 years and ALOT of hard work and promotion but I am finally getting there, receiving lots of recommendations and referrals. :D

In fact I am off work for 2 weeks in November and people are already booking to make sure their appointments fall in the week before and then as soon as I get back!!

Thinking about it I've always been a last minute booker! So I don't know why I'm surprised. I just worry it's going to go flat and I'll never get another booking!!

This is where you need to become brave. When you have your last minute booker in front of you ready to pay. Say to them, now would you like to book your next appointment instead of crossing your fingers that I've had a cancellation and can fit you in?
It does work you know and for those who say, no that's ok, smile and say ok, just remember my quiet day is...... so that is the one they are going to have in mind when they do rebook.
The nearer we get to December the more appointments ahead you want them thinking. xx

Im a last minute client myself. Being a busy mum, I don't like planning too far ahead.

I've also found that I can have a whole week without many appointments, and by the Tuesday I get practically fully booked for the thursday and Friday. xx

If you are having busy weeks many last minute bookers will see that when you can't fit them in and realise they need to book a bit more in advance. Also when you have a client who needs an appointment on the day and time that they want and you can't do that (happened to two of my clients today) let them know that you won't be able to fit them in but do suggest dates that you will be able to fit them in (both mine went for the dates in September that I had free). Stress the importance of booking in advance, though understand there will always be spontaneous clients out there :D

Latest posts

Back