Lava shell massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faye

My husband is exactly the same as yours, rolls his eyes and sighs, my nickname is 'course woman'. However, out of all the things I have done, and I have done loads I think he would gladly pay for me to take this one again. It is so easy to do, as I said earlier, I often sit behind him on the sofa and work with the shell on his shoulders and neck. He is totally hooked! I would bet that you husband would be too. It is a really amazing treatment. On a very weird note I believe that people respond so well with the shells as we originate from the sea, a primal link and all that jazz! I have had clients not like hot and cold stones, but so far everyone has been blown away with Lava Shells.

I have slowed down on taking courses. So many out there, and although I really feel it is important to keep learning to improve, gain and perfect your treatments - I do think it is a minefield.

I think you better start buttering him up and use those womanly wiles!

Julia x

I wished I lived nearer you Julia as I would love to have the lava shell massage done by you - you are so passionate about them - I love that!

What massage oil do you use with them?
What is the oil like that comes with the kit?

What is the stopper?

How did your original shell leak?

They look lovely too, I bet your leaked shell would look nice as an onament in your beauty room or reception, or even on the wall!

x:hug:x

Emma

Claire can tell you about your nearest therapist, infact there is a database on the sharedbeautysecrets website. I think that everyone who has worked with Lava Shells, and done the training with Alison - who is a fantastic and passionate trainer also carries the passion for the treatment. I am sure you could find someone locally.

I use the massage oil that comes with the shells. I do find it a little too sweet on occassions, a mite too sickly, but most people adore it. But, I do use the blend but sometimes 'water' it down with coconut oil or sweet almond. The stopper is the plastic plug which seals the shell once the 'charge' has been loaded and activated. My original shell leaked as it had not been properly sealed/fixed and it left a small hole. I did not notice it until a couple of weeks ago, even though I have been using it. After a while the saline is absorbed and does not leak. I felt it was too long to ask Claire and Alison to replace it and I just ordered some more.

Julia x

Hi Emma, saw some of your other threads re hot stone did send you a freind request as you live in essex like me.x dya know what stand they gonna be on at excell hunxxx

I've seen on proffessional beauty magazine that they will be on stand C50, see you all there

The Lava shell massage is a great addition to a body treatment. I use them for an entire body massage or also to enhance a body wrap. While the client is cocooned I unveil their feet and massage with the shells. They love it!
I am so glad I made the investment it is well worth it!

Emma

Claire can tell you about your nearest therapist, infact there is a database on the sharedbeautysecrets website. I think that everyone who has worked with Lava Shells, and done the training with Alison - who is a fantastic and passionate trainer also carries the passion for the treatment. I am sure you could find someone locally.

I use the massage oil that comes with the shells. I do find it a little too sweet on occassions, a mite too sickly, but most people adore it. But, I do use the blend but sometimes 'water' it down with coconut oil or sweet almond. The stopper is the plastic plug which seals the shell once the 'charge' has been loaded and activated. My original shell leaked as it had not been properly sealed/fixed and it left a small hole. I did not notice it until a couple of weeks ago, even though I have been using it. After a while the saline is absorbed and does not leak. I felt it was too long to ask Claire and Alison to replace it and I just ordered some more.

Julia x

Hi Julia,

I have checked the database list - which is a great idea.
They is not anyone on there to near to me, which is great in a sense that I will be the only one in East London/ Essex offering this treatment (for the time being).:)

Thank for all the information - Just cant wait to get on the course (4 weeks to go):lol:

Love Emma x:hug:x

Hi Emma and everyone else in this thread

I carried out the lava shell course in November and I have to say its a fantastic treatment!! I carry out my treatments from a room in my house and its got to be the most popular treatment on my list!! I am the only one apart from Banatynes that do it in my area so I am constantly thinking of ways to get myself and my shells out there so people know how fab it is. I was booked onto a hot stones course too and cancelled it after reading an article on the shells and its the best move I ever made. I also bring the shells into other treatments such as Indian Head and reflexology and my clients just love them. Its well worth doing the course and Ali, the lady that runs the course is lovely you will defo enjoy your day!

Luv Anne
(Holistic Geek)

This company do the shells too im hopefully training with them
its called thermal shell masage Training courses | Evanji

hope this helps x

Hi Emma and everyone else in this thread

I carried out the lava shell course in November and I have to say its a fantastic treatment!! I carry out my treatments from a room in my house and its got to be the most popular treatment on my list!! I am the only one apart from Banatynes that do it in my area so I am constantly thinking of ways to get myself and my shells out there so people know how fab it is. I was booked onto a hot stones course too and cancelled it after reading an article on the shells and its the best move I ever made. I also bring the shells into other treatments such as Indian Head and reflexology and my clients just love them. Its well worth doing the course and Ali, the lady that runs the course is lovely you will defo enjoy your day!

Luv Anne
(Holistic Geek)

Hi Anne,

How much do you charge for a full body & back massage?

Have you got any helpful tints or advice you can recommend when carring out the lava shell massages?

Love Emma x:hug:x

I just wanted to tell everyone I went on my training on Monday 22 March and loved it. What a fantastic treatment, and so much better for the therapist wrists, hands & fingers, you can give a really deep tissue massage with very little pressure on your hands etc.
The heat from the shells is so relaxing! I highly recommend this course to all therapists.
x:hug:x

Hiya
Loved reading about everyones experience's with the shells. BUT....

Do you have to have training with these shells?

The reason I am asking is I have a few of these shells already have done for over a year, I have been a Holistic Therapist for a number of years using everything from regular shells, wands, bamboo, sticks and stones lol :p and anything i can get my hands on! in my massage treatments.

When I was in America I saw these shells at a holistic event and bought some (THEY ARE GORGEOUS) and used them on family and friends and then when they eventually arrived in UK and people started spotting them, courses came up for training :rolleyes:

Does anyone have the guidelines on why training is needed ...aside from insurance purposes (my insurers are happy for me to use these as massage tools) am just a bit confused.

And can anyone tell me what training the trainer has enabling them to deliver the course in first place?

Thanks for any info :biggrin:

Mandy

Mandy - If you phone Shared Beauty Secrets on 01869357701 they will answer all your questions for you.
They are the company that brought Lava Shells to the UK.
Yes, you do have to have training to use & purchase the shells & charges.
How do you heat up your current shells? x

I have loved reading this thread and have decided to train in this. This may sound a daft question but how are the shells actually heated up?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Lorraine, you will fall in love with this treatment, it is amazing!

The shells have a small hole at the back of them which has a stopper over it, you pull the stopper off & put in a "charge" which is a 2 stage step of a tea bag looking bag & a solution, the 2 together activate & self heat, keeping the shells hot for about an hour.
Hope that helps & I havent confused you now x

Also meant to add if you are going to the beauty show on Sunday/Monday Shared Beauty Secrets will be there x

I've just had a nose on the website and although I am qualified in massage, I'm still doing beauty therapy levels 2 and 3 and so haven't got the anatomy qualification they say you have to have before doing the training. Gutted x

Lorraine, you will fall in love with this treatment, it is amazing!

The shells have a small hole at the back of them which has a stopper over it, you pull the stopper off & put in a "charge" which is a 2 stage step of a tea bag looking bag & a solution, the 2 together activate & self heat, keeping the shells hot for about an hour.
Hope that helps & I havent confused you now x

Perfectly explained x

I've just had a nose on the website and although I am qualified in massage, I'm still doing beauty therapy levels 2 and 3 and so haven't got the anatomy qualification they say you have to have before doing the training. Gutted x

Give them a call & explain this, ask to speak to Clare. As you have a qualification in massage you would of had to have covered A&P to get this, its worth a call & explain this, you never know the massage qualification might be enough!! As my Mum always says "if you dont ask, you dont get!" x

Hiya...thanks Emma :)

I bought a few sets off them also.

I use them the same way everyone else does, do you mean how do i heat up regular shells etc?

Anything I use is heat up in my stone heater or ovens....lava shells self activate as you know x

I will have a wee mooch around about this training ta much x

Hi all,
Just to add to posts about these lovely massages I do hot stone, shell and bamboo massage, They are all heated in the same way and are fabulous to do and have done all being slightly different.
As a therapist they really save pressure on hands/thumbs/wrists too!

Latest posts

Back