Lava shell massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

Does anyone do the lava shell massage?
Is it a popular treatment?

It sounds brilliant and I am very interested in training in this new treatment.

There is a double page spread on it in this months vitality magazine and a small advert in todays (Monday 15th February) daily mail.

The full body massage uses 4 tiger clam lava shells, (back massage uses 2 lava shells) that by adding a lava gel into remain a hot temp lasting up to 2 hours, therefore you can carry out a full body massage without having to reheat the shells giving you a full constant "hands on" treatment.

The company are going to be at Excel next month as well.

Love Emma x:hug:x

hey

I read about this as well. sounds really good, where would training for it be? did you see it anywhere?

Thanks

hey

I read about this as well. sounds really good, where would training for it be? did you see it anywhere?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes I have already done my research.....
The company is called Shared Beauty Secrets www.sharedbeautysecrets.com

They have training at Gloucester & London (cant remember the other locations)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
I have done the Lava Shell training, and can say it is amazing. I also do LaStone and have to say they are very different. So much easier with Lava Shells!!

Great to do, and Clients absolutely love them, really high re book rate.

Alison and Claire are the co owners and are very approachable, helpful with some wonderful marketing material.

I think it is going to be the treatment of the year

J

that looks a lovely treatment, im just about to go on hot stones training.this looks interesting too tho!

away to start saving . . . . .:lol:

oh this looks interesting!! is there any training in northern ireland? i'd love to do this. xxx

doesnt say northern ireland on the list of training sites, you could ryanair it over to edinburgh, ill meet u at the airport.:lol:

Just to let you know there was a write up in the Daily Mail about the Lava shell Tummy treatment yesterday.

Ring Claire at Shared Beauty Secrets and ask her about training in NI, I am sure if not yet they will be doing training there soon.

Hi Emma, saw some of your other threads re hot stone did send you a freind request as you live in essex like me.x dya know what stand they gonna be on at excell hunxxx

Hi Emma, saw some of your other threads re hot stone did send you a freind request as you live in essex like me.x dya know what stand they gonna be on at excell hunxxx

Hi Raya,
Yes I was all set to book the hot stone trainning, after doing TONS of research on courses and kits, then I read about this lava shell massage yesterday in Vitality magazine & Daily Mail - am I am 100% totally sold, I booked and paid for my course today, I am doing it in London Ealing Broadway on Monday 22 March, sooo excited!

The company is called shared beauty secrets so I assume that the stand will be called the same.

I have done the Lava Shell training, and can say it is amazing. I also do LaStone and have to say they are very different. So much easier with Lava Shells!!

Great to do, and Clients absolutely love them, really high re book rate.

Alison and Claire are the co owners and are very approachable, helpful with some wonderful marketing material.

I think it is going to be the treatment of the year

J

Oh Wow!
I think you might regret saying that as I am probably going to in-undate you with questions! :irked:

I have been speaking with Claire and yes she is lovely so helpful and very approahable.

I think it is going to be the treatment of the year too, I cant wait to do the training and start offering it to my clients.

How long have you been doing the lava shell massage for?
What types of massages do you offer with it?
How much do you charge for a full body & back massage?
Did you find it easy to pick up?
Are the retail kits popular?
Is there any tips you can give?
Do you have a website?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is great to find someone who does this as it is quite a new treatment.
I did a search in the previous threads before I wrote this one and there was no other threads so not sure how new this treatment is!

Last edited:
Oh Wow!
I think you might regret saying that as I am probably going to in-undate you with questions! :irked:

I have been speaking with Claire and yes she is lovely so helpful and very approahable.

I think it is going to be the treatment of the year too, I cant wait to do the trainning and start offering it to my clients.

How long have you been doing the lava shell massage for?
What types of massages do you offer with it?
How much do you charge for a full body & back massage?
Did you find it easy to pick up?
Are the retail kits popular?
Is there any tips you can give?
Do you have a website?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is great to find someone who does this as it is quite a new treatment.
I did a search in the previous threads before I wrote this one and there was no other threads so not sure how new this treatment is!

Emma

I am so pleased to hear you are doing the treatment, you will not be disapointed. Both Claire and Alison are lovely and will support you through your training, set up and beyond.

I particularly found the stomach routine amazing. I have been massaging/taking courses for 16+ years. I have done Aromatherapy and the stomach is a very important part of the Aroma routine, Lava Shell abdominal work takes it to a new level.

You can bombard me with questions anytime! I took the training on 5 Oct 2009. I use it in all types of massage, the shells are so adaptable. Full body I charge £65 for 1.5 hr, £50 for 60 mins (always go over!) and £35 for Back, Neck and Shoulder. I also charge £20 for Tummy treatment, but also incorporate some lower back stuff. I found it very easy to pick up, because I fell in love with them the first time I touched a shell. They are so beautiful to touch and play with. I also do LaStone, (love touching them too), so I am used to extremes in temperature. As you know the shells work in a different way, heating up rather than cooling down. The absolute beauty of them is the are so easy to use. No heating water, so easy to clean thouroughly.

I have heard people say you cannot work deeply with them, but you can. I have a 6' 5" rugby player client who just loves them.

I believe if you have the 'soul' for massage and you are passionate about the benefits of bodywork - you will pick them up no problem. Emma, it sounds to me like you have that passion! I think the home kits are great, I do not have any in stock at the moment. I sold two of the sets I got when I trained, the others I gave to my best clients for a Christmas present. Two of them have booked in for full Lava Shell Massages. I am a typical therapist, with that just dont ask me to sell attitude! It is something I have to be brave and push ahead with.

I have a truely crappy website www.julia-jenkins.co.uk.

Any tips? Be prepared to be blackmailed by your Husband, partner and/or kids to massage their necks and shoulders with a shell most evenings while watching telly. My Husband cannot get enough of Lava Shell Massage. He will do anything for one! I am storing up credits at the moment, possibly towards a handbag.

Good luck, please keep me posted about your training.

Julia xx:hug:

How long does a treatment take to do? I was thinking of doing a hot stone massage course but I don't think I'd be able to do it as a treatment as a patient fell on me years ago and I fractured a vertebra.
How "physical" a treatment is the hot shell one?

Emma

I am so pleased to hear you are doing the treatment, you will not be disapointed. Both Claire and Alison are lovely and will support you through your training, set up and beyond.

I particularly found the stomach routine amazing. I have been massaging/taking courses for 16+ years. I have done Aromatherapy and the stomach is a very important part of the Aroma routine, Lava Shell abdominal work takes it to a new level.

You can bombard me with questions anytime! I took the training on 5 Oct 2009. I use it in all types of massage, the shells are so adaptable. Full body I charge £65 for 1.5 hr, £50 for 60 mins (always go over!) and £35 for Back, Neck and Shoulder. I also charge £20 for Tummy treatment, but also incorporate some lower back stuff. I found it very easy to pick up, because I fell in love with them the first time I touched a shell. They are so beautiful to touch and play with. I also do LaStone, (love touching them too), so I am used to extremes in temperature. As you know the shells work in a different way, heating up rather than cooling down. The absolute beauty of them is the are so easy to use. No heating water, so easy to clean thouroughly.

I have heard people say you cannot work deeply with them, but you can. I have a 6' 5" rugby player client who just loves them.

I believe if you have the 'soul' for massage and you are passionate about the benefits of bodywork - you will pick them up no problem. Emma, it sounds to me like you have that passion! I think the home kits are great, I do not have any in stock at the moment. I sold two of the sets I got when I trained, the others I gave to my best clients for a Christmas present. Two of them have booked in for full Lava Shell Massages. I am a typical therapist, with that just dont ask me to sell attitude! It is something I have to be brave and push ahead with.

I have a truely crappy website www.julia-jenkins.co.uk.

Any tips? Be prepared to be blackmailed by your Husband, partner and/or kids to massage their necks and shoulders with a shell most evenings while watching telly. My Husband cannot get enough of Lava Shell Massage. He will do anything for one! I am storing up credits at the moment, possibly towards a handbag.

Good luck, please keep me posted about your training.

Julia xx:hug:

Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for all that information.

I did train a couple of years ago in the colonic massage so will be lovely to use the lava shells on this as well.

I love the name of your "shell shocked" massage! Is that your name for it or what the company call it?

I know what you mean about the retail side of things I am the same.

Do you use the 4 shells for the body & 2 for the back, & 2 for the tummy?

Is your back massage & tummy massage both 30mins?

Did you buy any extra shells or do you just have the 4 the kit comes with?

Love Emma x:hug::hug:x

Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for all that information.

I did train a couple of years ago in the colonic massage so will be lovely to use the lava shells on this as well.

I love the name of your "shell shocked" massage! Is that your name for it or what the company call it?

I know what you mean about the retail side of things I am the same.

Do you use the 4 shells for the body & 2 for the back, & 2 for the tummy?

Is your back massage & tummy massage both 30mins?

Did you buy any extra shells or do you just have the 4 the kit comes with?

Love Emma x:hug::hug:x

Emma
If you have done colonic massage you will absolutely love these shells.

I use 4 shells for the body, although apparently you can use 3 if you are only doing 60 mins. I can do the back and the tummy with 2. My tummy massage is 30 mins, but my back, neck and shoulder is 45 - I am afraid I always spend too long.

I have used two shells for two clients. While Client number one dressed and paid the shells warmed up to a beautiful temperature. As they can be cleaned so easily and I swapped the stopper for a clean one, off I went with lovely hot shells for a back routine.

I have just bought some extra shells as one of my original shells leaked. 4 will be fine, although they are so lovely I could have dozens of them.

Julia xx

Forgot to say I thought of shell shocked, but someone somewhere must use it too, its too twee not to!

Jxx

How long does a treatment take to do? I was thinking of doing a hot stone massage course but I don't think I'd be able to do it as a treatment as a patient fell on me years ago and I fractured a vertebra.

Lynne

Blimey, how terrible about your vertebra. What a terrible thing to happen.

Treatment length all depends on what you want to do with them. You could just use one and do some reflexology with it. It has lovely nobbles, smooth, and the edge - really adaptable.

I would say if you can do a normal massage without too much trouble, you would be fine. Infact they will made the treatment much easier. I find they have really helped with problems with hands and wrists. I have been massaging for 16+ years and I am overweight - so my body is fairly knackered. However, using the shells has given me a new lease of life and bought a real passion back to me. They are easier than the stones, as they do not need to be heated or carried round.

Hope that is helpful
Jx

Oh my god, that is awful, what a terrible thing to happen :hug:

Emma
If you have done colonic massage you will absolutely love these shells.

I use 4 shells for the body, although apparently you can use 3 if you are only doing 60 mins. I can do the back and the tummy with 2. My tummy massage is 30 mins, but my back, neck and shoulder is 45 - I am afraid I always spend too long.

I have used two shells for two clients. While Client number one dressed and paid the shells warmed up to a beautiful temperature. As they can be cleaned so easily and I swapped the stopper for a clean one, off I went with lovely hot shells for a back routine.

I have just bought some extra shells as one of my original shells leaked. 4 will be fine, although they are so lovely I could have dozens of them.

Julia xx

I wished I lived nearer you Julia as I would love to have the lava shell massage done by you - you are so passionate about them - I love that!

What massage oil do you use with them?
What is the oil like that comes with the kit?

What is the stopper?

How did your original shell leak?

They look lovely too, I bet your leaked shell would look nice as an onament in your beauty room or reception, or even on the wall!

x:hug:x

I'm finding this thread very interesting. Was just telling husband about it and showing him the link and he's got a "oh no not another course" look on his face!

Latest posts

Back