Lava shell massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the lava shells are just about the only ones available at the moment there is a new version coming to the Uk shortly which involves the use of lots of different types of shells heated in a different way. looks and sounds great but dont have details yet. Will post on here when I do. I know that lots of people love the lava shells so they must be very good but its always good to look at alternatives too?

Shared Beauty Secrets have just brought out a new treatment involving hot & cold Lava Shells called Glacial Detox Treament (or something similar) not sure if this is what you mean.

No its an American company, led by a lady called Carole Freeman who has developed the massage techniques etc. Its not the shells with the hole and stopper in the back but lots of different, natural ones. Its not available here yet though but hopefully will be soon. She is hopefully coming to the UK to do training courses, yeh!

Oh ok, Just to let you know the Lava Shells used in the body massage are natural too, they are tiger clam shells, sorced from the Phillipines x

Thanks Emma, are there different types? I saw them at a show a couple of years ago and only saw one size but that was a while ago. I just quite like the idea of using all different shells. Out of interest which type of massage (hot stones etc) do you find most popular? Do you think you can do stones and shells or are they too similar? x

Emma, it is the shells in the link I sent you, remember about picking shells off the beach or the likes as this is exactly what this lady did in the beginning.

She is also Florida based.

To be honest they have been selling polished shells like hers for years, she has just taken it further and developed a skill and education course, good on her as she is passionate about it.

As we need 24 education units every two years to renew our licence it makes it more interesting when you find something you enjoy and although not for everyone it brings variety to what is on offer.

Last edited:
Thanks Emma, are there different types? I saw them at a show a couple of years ago and only saw one size but that was a while ago. I just quite like the idea of using all different shells. Out of interest which type of massage (hot stones etc) do you find most popular? Do you think you can do stones and shells or are they too similar? x

In the UK (at the moment) the only shells I am aware of are Lava Shells, they have the large tiger clam shells for the body & in the facials they use small shells made from porcelin & crushed tigar clam shells.
I probably find Lava Shells the most popular massage I offer. For me I would offer one or the other, but you could offer both if you wanted. The best advice would be experience them both as a client & see what you like the most, maybe a couple of each if you can at different places. x

Jaqueline - Oh yes, I didnt even think of that! x

Hiya...thanks Emma :)

I bought a few sets off them also.

I use them the same way everyone else does, do you mean how do i heat up regular shells etc?

Anything I use is heat up in my stone heater or ovens....lava shells self activate as you know x

I will have a wee mooch around about this training ta much x

which sets did u buy because the retail kits are not as good as the actual professional shells the retails dont have the same charges and dont get as hot xx

Lava Shells will feature on The Apprentice tonight when they do Beauty Treatments

Pxxx

which sets did u buy because the retail kits are not as good as the actual professional shells the retails dont have the same charges and dont get as hot xx

Sarah, the retail kits are meant for non-professionals & get up hot enough for clients to use safely. The professional shell charges is only available to trained, qualified Lava Shell Therapists. Are you a beauty professional? You have not filled out you details for us to know. x

Sorry just marking this thread so I can find it tomorrow :) xxx

whats the difference between the homekit and the professional kit?

the differance is the heat levels also the kit has a porsilin shell where asthe profresstionals like myself use real tigir clam shells the whole massage is the best . the training is fanatic and the after sale service is wonderful :lol:

I have heard that the shells sometimes leak and can overheat? Is that true? Was thinking of getting them in but this worried me....

Although the lava shells are just about the only ones available at the moment there is a new version coming to the Uk shortly which involves the use of lots of different types of shells heated in a different way. looks and sounds great but dont have details yet. Will post on here when I do. I know that lots of people love the lava shells so they must be very good but its always good to look at alternatives too?

I've heard some whisperings about this too. Sounds like it's going to be a really awesome treatment. I can't wait to get more details about it :green:

I have heard that the shells sometimes leak and can overheat? Is that true? Was thinking of getting them in but this worried me....

No, not unless you dont follow your training correctly :lol:
If you "charge" a shell & just leave it, it will eventually overheat, but when the shells are ready, you are constantly massaging with them so they cant overheat, if you do leave one for too long you just cool it down very easily. Everything will be covered it the training if you do choose to offer the Lava Shells. x

Iv Just booked finally to do the training, any tips? do i need a model?xx

This sounds interesting, i have been using Lava shells for 2 years now and I Love them. I'm always on the lookout for new things to offer my clients, additional shell treatments would be great.
Have you got any more details yet?

No problem girls, just off to bed but I will dig out all info in the morning.

Yes Ann it is the herbal ball compress. I brought them in as something different in this competitive time and they are quite popular.

Emma it is absolutely the same lava shells as I thought similar today but when I looked on SBS it was exactly the same thing. I was wracking my brain to when I first started using them and it was definitely early to mid 2009 but don't forget I am in the US so they could have been launched there before UK.

I'll see if I can dig my old ones, (the came in a beigey packet) out and show you the packages etc. I was thinking you could have the deep tissue sachets but if they company don't sell them in the UK it would probably screw up your insurance.:rolleyes: From what I remember there were three activators: mild, comfort and deep heat.

The bottom line is they work for you and you are excited and passionate about it which is wonderful and let's face it if we all liked the same things, boy life would be dull.

It sounds to me like you were using the same product, but as you are in America its a different company. If I remember correctly from my training Shared Beauty Secrets brought the product over from the states and developed the treatment and training. Which is probably why you've had a bad experience compared to us in England. You need to come over and spend a day with Ali she was an amazing trainer!

im qualified in hot stone therapy, but want to train in lava shells. shall go check out shared beauty secrets now!
is there no training in essex at all?

Just had a lava shell massage - 90 minutes of bliss. I want to find out more....

Latest posts

Back