lechat website discontinued?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
(mods this may need to be moved elsewhere?)

I have posted about not being able to find the lechat uk website to purchase my goods this wk, managed to get hold of them today and the lady said she is in process of mailing people to let them know they will not be selling in the uk anymore :eek: There is a german website to order from now, I am awaiting news on postage costs (I am a little worried about custom charges too?) This is just typical, after only doing my training 6 mths ago :cry:. I am really cross and gutted all at the same time... as this is what i have trained in and with a new baby coming i can not afford further training at this point :irked:. To top it off the new site gives prices in euros so I had to get a converter on the computer too to check what it was in sterling.... thought i would let everyone know who uses le chat!

Hey Emma,

I don't know anything about the LeChat situation as we have our own products, but as your concerned I can tell you that there won't be any customs charges as the goods are sold from one EU country to another.

VAT is an open question. If you are VAT registered and have a VAT number, then you should be able to buy online and after giving your VAT number in the webshop, should not be asked to pay VAT. But not all online shops are programmed to do this, so you may be charged VAT and then have to claim it back in the UK in the normal way. If you don't have a VAT number, then you will have to pay VAT.

Will they supply the products labeled in English? If selling to the UK, they should as that's EU law.

Otherwise, buying from Germany should be fairly painless. Just keep an eye on the shipping cost though. Will probably be more economic to buy bigger amounts not so often, rather than a small qty every month.

Yes the instructions etc are in english - have looked at the images of products and they are exactly what i buy at the moment... phew on the charges, i didnt know that. Dont mind on the vat. I am lucky cos I only need to order round every 6 months because it is not a full time job. Just typical tho as i was thinking this order as i only needed a cpl of essentials I might treat myself to some colored gels, havent used these before and def want to and also try out some french overlays rather than the clear ones only. I have a few people who have beautiful nails, and have them all chopped off cos they want french extensions (cos i dont do french overlays) so this is my next mission lol.Thanks

1 of the girls from collage had nothing but problems with the uk supplier and now i believe buys from europe anyways. hers doesnt work out any more expensive inc delivery as i think the products are slightly cheaper than in the uk... ooooh wish i could rem what country it was... can find out on weds when im next in.

hth

Thatd be great thanks, i know america do deliveries too. Prob with america is the site dont show prices and i think u might have to pay custom charges too. Germany is where i will have to order by looks of it

Have also noted this on another link so i apologise if you have seen this...

I contacted the 01603 lechat number, have been advised that the uk distributor is no longer :( And advised to order from the german site nailsbylechat.com Postage is around £20, and contacted america too who said postage will be around £100 without customs / taxes OUCH! America have said that they are currently looking for a uk distributor and as soon as they do will let me know, and i will of course update here... grrr

Latest posts

Back