Leg wax - what could this be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Ive just done a leg wax on a first time waxer. She had legs flinging about all over the place but insisted on going through with it. Nearly got kicked in the face 3 times. After I done her legs I noticed this patch which she said felt like a burn. I didnt drop wax anywhere on her. Its such an unusual shape. Can anyone advise? She is going on holiday on Monday so I hope its not a burn and just some sort of sensitivity. Its put me off waxing for life to be honest. Im completely traumatised

Attachments

• 20130629_172127-1.jpg
    20130629_172127-1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 253
Ive just done a leg wax on a first time waxer. She had legs flinging about all over the place but insisted on going through with it. Nearly got kicked in the face 3 times. After I done her legs I noticed this patch which she said felt like a burn. I didnt drop wax anywhere on her. Its such an unusual shape. Can anyone advise? She is going on holiday on Monday so I hope its not a burn and just some sort of sensitivity. Its put me off waxing for life to be honest. Im completely traumatised

Could be a burn or just sensitive? Hopefully someone with a lot of experience can answer this.

It's hard to say really from a photo and as she was a first timer and a difficult one at that it would make it even harder to know what it is. If I was to guess it would be that she either moved when you were taking the strip off or the skin wasn't supported but that would normally not matter so much in this area. If she has pulled away from you at a funny angle then this would result.

She does seem quite blotchy all over so I would imagine this will settle down overnight and she should be ok by tomorrow.

For future reference my darling I would tell a client, if they were behaving this way, that they must stop otherwise you will abandon the treatment. It is not safe for you or her if legs are flying all over the place and it is unnecessary anyway.

Don't let this put you off at all, it will one of the worst ones in your career and these make the rest seem easy! :biggrin:

I've had something quite similar on my brows , I used tea tree cream wax , turns out I'm allergic to tea tree lol (weird) but it could also be that you haven't been.able to pull the skin taught enough with the client messing about so much and its the start of slight bruising ?

I agree with telling her in.future that youll have to stop if she can't remain Still as its a health and safety risk.to both you and herself xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back