Leg waxing and charging accordingly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
Do you all have a set price for leg waxing, whether they are plus size women or petite women? I charge $40 for my leg waxing and often times I get plus size women and I feel it's too low for them but I do not want to offend anyone, how do you do this without hurting or making them feel bad. Other salons in my area will price with a $40+ in their brochures but still how can it be worded over the phone, I am so confused, please help!

thanks,

aj

Lori Nestore recommends you have a price range rather than a price for each body part, starting lower than you would ever charge and ending higher than you would ever charge. So for instance your price list could say, ' full leg wax $35 - £55' then you could charge your petite ladies $40 and plus sizes $50.

I dont think charging extra for larger people happens at all over here. I certainly haven't heard of it but at the moment we are still behind Canada and the states when it comes to obesity.
I dont think i could charge someone more because they were bigger it seems a bit harsh.I guess it will have to happen eventually in salons here as there would be a lot more product involved.

Lori Nestore recommends you have a price range rather than a price for each body part, starting lower than you would ever charge and ending higher than you would ever charge. So for instance your price list could say, ' full leg wax $35 - £55' then you could charge your petite ladies $40 and plus sizes $50.

That's pretty much what I do, I quote a maximum price and reduce the charge according to how much hair I'm removing. I state this on my website and when somebody phones or emails for a quote, and I actually think it's a much fairer system than "one price fits all". It's not that my actual product costs will necessarily be so much higher for a hairier or larger client, but it will take longer to do and it's only right that we charge appropriately for our time.

One thing I really cannot stand as a customer is when salons only quote a "from" price on their service menu - at the moment you only really see it in the UK for men's waxing (e.g. "chest wax from £20"). As a potential client, this approach doesn't help me budget at all, as I could in theory end up paying twice or three times as much as that opening offer. If you're going to have a flexible pricing structure, it always makes sense to quote an upper limit and not just your starting point - this prevents any nasty surprises when the customer reaches the till :)

Andy x

Yes , you are right Axiom i do my bikini lines using a from price i'll have to change it.

Yes , you are right Axiom i do my bikini lines using a from price i'll have to change it.

Lol, it wasn't a dig Gill, honest! :lol:

I can only speak from personal experience, others may well think I'm being daft - but I know that I have in the past chosen therapists with a set or "from-to" pricing structure over ones that only quoted a starting price, if for no other reason than I knew how much cash to take with me! :D

We have found that quoting from the high end and giving ourselves "wiggle" room is better, the client ends up with a pleasant surprise at the till. They are prepared for more but we often come in $5-10 lower than their quote, especially with hair color and high lights of multiple colors.

Latest posts

Back