Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i read that if you spray twice it can cause crocodile effect when wearing off also legs sometimes are paler if you have your legs waxed as it makes the skin thinner!!
cant u tell i have been on a course recently lol!! :)
I spray twice quite alot and never have this problem xx

what causes crocodiling on skin then? as i dont want this to happen when i spray people!! i have had it a couple of times on myself but not always!! is it too dark a solution and the DHA for my skin type?
many thanks :)

It is not spraying once or spraying twice you should be looking at it is how much solution your using per tan.

Spraying once with 40ml to 50ml will give a nice tan with nice fade off.
Spraying once with 100ml will give you a tan that will fade badly and possibly have crocodile/snake skin efffect as you have overloaded the skin with DHA (by applying too much solution).

Spraying twice with 40ml to 50ml (by having the gun turned down to a lower setting) will give you the same lovely tan that wears off well, as spraying once with 40ml to 50ml would do.

So it's not how many times you spray but how much solution you apply to the body that matters.

Learn how to set your gun to suit your style, if you prefer to spray twice then set your gun lower, if you prefer to spray once then set it higher BUT not too high. Do the couch roll test to see how much solution is coming out, spray 1 swipe down the couch roll as you would spray a person, you want the colour to show on the front of the couch roll but the back of the couch roll to be dry and colour free.

thank you baggybear for great advice!!

It is not spraying once or spraying twice you should be looking at it is how much solution your using per tan.

Spraying once with 100ml will give you a tan that will fade badly and possibly have crocodile/snake skin efffect as you have overloaded the skin with DHA (by applying too much solution).

Spraying twice with 40ml to 50ml (by having the gun turned down to a lower setting) will give you the same lovely tan that wears off well, as spraying once with 40ml to 50ml would do.

So it's not how many times you spray but how much solution you apply to the body that matters.

Learn how to set your gun to suit your style, if you prefer to spray twice then set your gun lower, if you prefer to spray once then set it higher BUT not too high. Do the couch roll test to see how much solution is coming out, spray 1 swipe down the couch roll as you would spray a person, you want the colour to show on the front of the couch roll but the back of the couch roll to be dry and colour free.

Fab advice. Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Suntana 14% only left on for 3.5hrs x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370633055.350829.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370633055.350829.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 279

Thanks for this! I was starting to get down beat about the little problems that have arose for me.... But it's all practise isn't it! I sprayed a girl couple nights ago with 12% LA Tan and she said it was too light... I might try the 14% as I really don't want to be spraying twice And over loading her skin

Nouvatan 10% wedding on the Monday both sprayed on the Sunday x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370700397.816975.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370700397.816975.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 290
Oops sprayed on the Saturday I mean!! Xx

Nouvtan 12 after showering.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370714678.323581.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370714678.323581.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 309
Does anyone have any pics of the fake bake gold tan on clients? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi Scaffery I always do one coat and then go over lightly again. I always do the face 3 times because it fades quicker with washing more than the rest of the body. I was taught only to do one coat but my way seems to be working for me. Like everyone I think I try to make it simple so that people don't have to be embarrassed moving into too many positions because when I had a tan myself before I trained I was told to move so much I found it really awkward! X

Forgot to say, no sure how many mls but I think I usually use about 50.

Forgot to say, no sure how many mls but I think I usually use about 50.

That's good going with a first coat and misting for a second coat! You have super coverage on the legs .... I wish I seen more of my clients to know what their tans turn out like

I don't usually see them either but she wore big knickers for her tan and rang me panicking the next morning because she was going on a hen doo and never thought about her bikini being smaller than her tan lines! Got her round to spray her bum before she left for the doo and got a photo! She was really happy with it and it was her first time with me so hopefully she'll be back!

I use the guide as a guide (obviously) but what I mean is that I keep spraying everywhere until it all looks the same colour basically. Seems to work for me.

Hope no one minds if I use a few pics for my fb profile, I will ate tans weren't done by me but they are just to show the fab colours xx

Hope no one minds if I use a few pics for my fb profile, I will ate tans weren't done by me but they are just to show the fab colours xx

State****

Hope no one minds if I use a few pics for my fb profile, I will state tans weren't done by me but they are just to show the fab colours xx
Best not to use any photo's without the person's consent (permission of the person in the pic I mean, not the tech's permission) they may get rather upset seing pics of themselves all over the internet.

Latest posts

Back