Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest trying different brands because if the ingredients have changed in OMG then the 20% would have changed too.

Send some emails to suppliers that do higher percents asking for a sample. You can try them out on your model and decide if it is the brand your using not going as dark as it used to or if all higher percents don't seem to take the same whic would mean it is the clients skin has changed or she is using a product that is stopping the tan taking as well as it used to.

Does anyone use tantastic?

I suggest trying different brands because if the ingredients have changed in OMG then the 20% would have changed too.

Send some emails to suppliers that do higher percents asking for a sample. You can try them out on your model and decide if it is the brand your using not going as dark as it used to or if all higher percents don't seem to take the same whic would mean it is the clients skin has changed or she is using a product that is stopping the tan taking as well as it used to.

Great advice as always!

I will get emailing everyone! Do you know who usually send samples?as I've asked a couple and they don't do free samples :( xx

Suntana will send you out a Box of Samples including their After Dark (14%) They just ask that you register on their site first, I use Suntana and love it !

Nouvatan charge £10 for 2 samples-thats 4 tans, but you get £10 knocked off your 1st order so technically they are free-if you place an order. Xx

LA Tan send out free samples.

To get them you need to register on their site and then send an email asking for which 2 samples you want (they only send 2 at a time, but you can ask for different samples after you have tried the first 2).

LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray Tanning Machines, Spray Tanning Booths, Spray Tanning

When you register you get sent a £10 voucher code to use off your first order (to be used within 1 month).

Don't go getting a tonne of samples though you should only need to try out 2/3 different brands to see if it is the clients skin or the brand you use that is causing your 'too light' issues.

You should give feedback to the companies you trial so be prepared to make some notes & send some emails thanking the company for their sample and give them some honest feedback about what you think of their tan (after all the companies want to know what we think or they wouldn't send out the samples).

LA Tan send out free samples.

To get them you need to register on their site and then send an email asking for which 2 samples you want (they only send 2 at a time, but you can ask for different samples after you have tried the first 2).

LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray Tanning Machines, Spray Tanning Booths, Spray Tanning

When you register you get sent a £10 voucher code to use off your first order (to be used within 1 month).

Don't go getting a tonne of samples though you should only need to try out 2/3 different brands to see if it is the clients skin or the brand you use that is causing your 'too light' issues.

You should give feedback to the companies you trial so be prepared to make some notes & send some emails thanking the company for their sample and give them some honest feedback about what you think of their tan (after all the companies want to know what we think or they wouldn't send out the samples).

Great advice ! Thanks so much.. Never thought about feedback but it would be no use them constantly sending samples and people not choosing them but not knowing why! Lol xx

This is OMG 16%... I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong as this isn't as dark as I would expect it to be and her mum got a 12% and it didn't even look like she had a tan done ???x

If you look at her body it's quite brown. However I think it's deceiving because she has done her makeup too light for her tan. I see people doing this all the time and its really frustrating! I always tell me customers to make sure they bronze up their face as their foundation is matched to their normal skin colour not their tanned skin. Or another good tip is to use that one foundation in your drawer that you bought too dark by accident!!!

I honestly think this is why her tan looks lighter than a 16 - it's her face that's making it look that way x

If you look at her body it's quite brown. However I think it's deceiving because she has done her makeup too light for her tan. I see people doing this all the time and its really frustrating! I always tell me customers to make sure they bronze up their face as their foundation is matched to their normal skin colour not their tanned skin. Or another good tip is to use that one foundation in your drawer that you bought too dark by accident!!!

I honestly think this is why her tan looks lighter than a 16 - it's her face that's making it look that way x

You think so ? I do like the colour she has went both times but just expect it to be darker ? And I'm having to set my gun to like 6 or 7 to actually see guide colour ?? Whereas again, when I got one before I came out really dark with the guide on?

So confused !!

Doing a girls tan for prom tomorrow night and really nervous now :( I'm happy with my technique and don't see I've missed anywhere etc but just don't feel my solution is as dark as I would expect it to be :(??x

Might be an obvious question. .. but did you shake the tan well before using it? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Might be an obvious question. .. but did you shake the tan well before using it? Xxx

Yip, everytime before I pour it into the cup x

Ok so done a mother and daughter last night for prom tonight... Still had to have my gun set at 6 / 7 as when at 4 ( I was taught using in between 4 & 5) the trigger doesn't even move ?? Like It can't be pushed in?? Soooo confused !x

Ok so done a mother and daughter last night for prom tonight... Still had to have my gun set at 6 / 7 as when at 4 ( I was taught using in between 4 & 5) the trigger doesn't even move ?? Like It can't be pushed in?? Soooo confused !x

Ahhhh... do you have the helier gun?

If so, loosen the black ring at the front a little, this will have been put on a little too tight xxx

image.jpg

Ahhhh... do you have the helier gun?

If so, loosen the black ring at the front a little, this will have been put on a little too tight xxx

Yeah I do.. The black ring at the nozzle ? Infront of the motion adjuster ??xx

Thanks so much baggybear!!! Haven't had a chance to watch it yet and will tonight before bed.. Ended up doing a last minute tan when I finished work so adjusted the nozzle slightly and with water I could see it working better on the lower numbers but I only adjusted it to one thread on the screw if u get me ? And I ended up using 125ml for a size 10 lady .... So I'm definitely doing something wrong there , but the guide colour was much nicer and strongerxx

This is sienna - 8% straight after application

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372287227.816773.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372287227.816773.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 285
Nouvatan 8 and 10 straight after application.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372288448.089291.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372288448.089291.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 234
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372288458.442022.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372288458.442022.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 227

Latest posts

Back