Lifting advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sienna_rose

Reaction score
Hi
I use L&P and seem to get lifting around the cutical, are there any tips to stop this, I'm still fairly new to this.

Also I wanted to know, can you do refills on nails that have been done at one of those Vietnamese nail bars?

I am having a practise on a friend later this week, who usually goes to one of them, but has 4 missing nails.
Or should I just soak them off completly?

sienna_rose said:
Hi
I use L&P and seem to get lifting around the cutical, are there any tips to stop this, I'm still fairly new to this.

Also I wanted to know, can you do refills on nails that have been done at one of those Vietnamese nail bars?

I am having a practise on a friend later this week, who usually goes to one of them, but has 4 missing nails.
Or should I just soak them off completly?

Regarding your lifting prob?
What is your routine for your prep? ie: are you removing all the non living tissue from the nail plate?
Are you removing the surface shine from the nail plate?
Are you amking sure that your product doe not touch the surrounding skin?
Is your ratio correct?

As far as performing an infill on nails that have been doen by another tech origionaly.........it all depends on the sate of the nails....if a few are missing and have lifting etc then saok off and start again.....me personally i would soak and start again....

HTH

Amanda

Thinking about it, I did get a little on the skin area so perhaps that's my problem :o

it is a common problem when you first start doing nails.
we tend to try and fit a ball in the last little space near the cuticle and we make that area to thick and tend to get product on the surrounding skin.
instead of trying to fit your ball in that little area, place your very small ball on the edge of zone 2 and then you can gently pat the product up to the cuticle area but leave a tiny mm margin then smooth gently only slightly touching your product, smooth it back down over zone 2 and zone 1
so you dont leave a ledge around the cutickle area.
hth

Thanks for your advice Joanne, I will try and overlap a tiny bit next time asnd see if that works :biggrin:

Personally I would always soak off other tech work if it is bad and start again.

Reasons

1. I never like to mix products
2. If another tech has damaged the natural nails it is best to sort the problem out first rather than compound the problem. After an infill the client may think the damage was caused by you if you do not remove the old work and show the client exactly what the damage is.

Others will do things differently, but this is personally my way of working!

I think I will soak them off, I am dreading it though, as the enhancements look a bit thick and will probably take ages :rolleyes:

sienna_rose said:
I think I will soak them off, I am dreading it though, as the enhancements look a bit thick and will probably take ages :rolleyes:

Heat........it accelerates the acetone......

I put some acetone on some cotton wool then wrap in foil and then pop in heated mits....leasve for 20 mins and then gently remove

Amanda

Thanks chick, looks like it could take a few hours then, will have to make sure she has the time, I'll let her know later

Take as much of the length off as you can first, heat the acetone and be prepared for a long wait - that stuff is a poo to get off!
Good luck x

Remember the only safe way to heat Acetone is with a 2 bowl method.....Have your bowl of Acetone and place it in a larger bowl of warm water and this will warm up the acetone and speed things along (like a bain marie!)...It also speeds up the evaporation so make sure you cover your clients hands & the bowl with a towel......and yes file down the length and thickness first.......

Are you sure you wouldn't rather do a rebalance?:o

sienna_rose said:

Hi there,
I just wanted to say to be careful how you word things. We like to call places like that discount salons or NSS (non-standard salons). I just wouldn't want any properly trained Vietnamese nail people to become offended as some of them are great techs. JMHO ;)

Carmen

Carmen said:
Hi there,
I just wanted to say to be careful how you word things. We like to call places like that discount salons or NSS (non-standard salons). I just wouldn't want any properly trained Vietnamese nail people to become offended as some of them are great techs. JMHO ;)

Carmen

I know, I saw that they get called that after I wrote the thread lol.
This particular one, was on watchdog last year apparently, but can't find the artical on the wd website

Latest posts

Back