Lifting edge on big toenail - Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion4hair

Reaction score
Hi I recently trained in minx and the other day I did a set, when finished they looked fab and client was thrilled and paid for them, about 5 hours later I got a txt off the client saying that the free edge on it had come back on her big toe, and sent me a pic x help is it me or client????
She did put shoes on after but not straight away x

I'm going back tomoz to repair it and will give her an aftercare sheet which I have just got so just wondered if this has ever happened to anyone else xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307952381.363086.jpg

Edge not sealed down correctly plus bare feet that are jammed into shoes that are too tight.

You must make sure the edges are pressed and sealed onto the free edge under the heat and then allow to cool completely.

Would you like a copy of the MINX TRAINING VIDEO to remind you of the steps involved? (email me [email protected] with your S2 customer number for verification and I will be happy to send it along to you) Are you warming the Minx sufficiently with the infrared lamp before application?

It was sealed when I left as check it and didn't move x

Yes lamp and toe was warmed up great before I checked the seal

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sealed when I left as check it and didn't move x

Yes lamp and toe was warmed up great before I checked the seal

Was she wearing Uggs? These seem to be a problem with hot feet and rubbing.

Or her shoes are just too small and her feet are jammed into them. It's fairly obvious that this is clients problem and not something you have done. Did you give her (and all your Minx clients?) a copy of the Minx After Care advise which explains to clients how to treat thier Minx veneers? Saves allot of hassle if they have them. I can also send you this to print out to your clients.

Think it was the tight shoes.... No no uggs worn x
Going tomorrow to sort so will tell her then when I repair it xx

Latest posts

Back