Lifting on unpainted nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann's Nails

Reaction score
Hi

I have been having trouble with a client with lifting.
When she has them painted they are fine, but when she has them o'natural, her thumb nails and little fingers lift.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have tried Scrubfresh and Nail fresh and also resorted to extra strength primer, which did help a little but i do not like using primer if i can help.

Any help would be greatly received.
PS this is the first time i have asked a question although been looking for a while - i apologies if i have doen it wrong.:rolleyes:

bet when she has them painted she leaves them alone,
but when left unpainted is always pressing picking, lifting the enhancement etc,

just a thought
xxxxxx

Umm yes i have suggested this more than once but she swears that she doesn't.
I have had lifting problems before but since i changed to Creative retention not a sausage!
Thanks for the reply

It could be that the polish is creating a barrier from cleaning solutions that she uses and when she does not wear polish the solutions are causing problems with the enhancements hth

hi
when i've finished i alway give a couple of coats of seche vite .
thg:)

Maybe their is lifting when you apply polish but you can't see it throught the polish!!

Maybe their is lifting when you apply polish but you can't see it throught the polish!!

thats what i was thinking so then she dont pick because she cant see the lifting x

Thanks for your replies.

Very rarely does she have lifting when the varnish is removed.

I will certainly try Seche Vite....anything to stop the filing (Boring)

Thank you all x:)

There is no reason chemically why polish would stop lifting.

When clients wear polish they tend to leave their nails alone. The polish colour or shine or whatever, acts as a signal for them to keep them out of their mouths.

I always recommend that nail biters wear polish. It does work. It definitely stops the majority from picking at their enhancements.

Latest posts

Back