Quantcast

Linkedin. Anyone use it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hey well just setting up a linked in account. How does it work? At the moment I'm setting up a profile and it's coming up with the Sweets, Kim Lawless, Doug Schoon, etc to 'connect' with. If I click on them will they think I'm a weirdo because they don't actually know me or is it the same as Facebook where that doesn't really matter?

Thanks! :)

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Ha ha! Not at all! Add me. x

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Ha ha! Not at all! Add me. x
Oh thats alright then! Lol.

It was like 'Do you know these people?' and I was like, well over Salon Geek I speak to them but I don't know if that counts! Lol.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Oh and I've never spoke to Doug Schoon I just know he's wrote a really good nail book! Lol.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score

souz

Reaction score
hiya, ive only been on it a few weeks and still trying to get my head round it!! i never thought of asking on here so thanks hun.....also add me

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
hiya, ive only been on it a few weeks and still trying to get my head round it!! i never thought of asking on here so thanks hun.....also add me
I will do but could you attach a link so I can find you? X

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Tried to add you but it said I'd need to upgrade or something to do it! Don't get it! X

Easydry

Reaction score
It's more of a business tool than facebook so you should really connect with people you know or people you want to connect with in a business sense. I'm on it as Angela Byrne (Easydry) if you want to connect with me.

You can set up a profile for yourself and a profile for your company. This is good if there are a few people from your company using linked in.

There are also groups for different professions eg you might find a group for beauty salon owners that might be interesting for you.

There's a question section where you can search by topic or key word.

You can pay for an upgrade but I'm not 100% sure what the extras are for the cost.

Play around with it for a while and you will pick it up quiet quickly. Let me know if you've any questions / problems.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
It's more of a business tool than facebook so you should really connect with people you know or people you want to connect with in a business sense. I'm on it as Angela Byrne (Easydry) if you want to connect with me.

You can set up a profile for yourself and a profile for your company. This is good if there are a few people from your company using linked in.

There are also groups for different professions eg you might find a group for beauty salon owners that might be interesting for you.

There's a question section where you can search by topic or key word.

You can pay for an upgrade but I'm not 100% sure what the extras are for the cost.

Play around with it for a while and you will pick it up quiet quickly. Let me know if you've any questions / problems.
Thanks Angela I will.
Yes that is what I want it for, for my business.
Might have to look around for groups!

Ruth Mills

Reaction score

Latest posts