Lip Waxing Query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Happy New Year fellow geeks!!

I waxed my upper lip on Saturday and on Monday noticed that on both sides of my mouth I had a small area of flaky skin (it looked like I had eaten a flaky pasty LOL).

What could have caused this problem? I wax my upper lip every 4 weeks and have never experienced this problem before. Was the wax too hot or not hot enough? Could it have been that as I was stood up when waxing I lifted the paper strip slightly? As I regularly wax clients in this area I wanted to solve the query as I don't want any unhappy clients.

Any advise greatly received.

Claire

Did you apply plenty of after wax straight after?
I sometimes get this but I have bad dry skin anyway.:sad:

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes I used Hive Pre-Wax spray and Hive After Wax Oil (the same as I always use).

It could have been a tad too hot and taken extra layers of the skin off so your flaky bits are trying to protect whats been removed until your skin fully heals.

Or it could be the cold weather drying out your skin. I dont know about your area but its brass monkeys here and due to snow tomorrow!

Especially with a lip wax, apply a fine layer of oil to the are you are going to wax. Personally, I would stay clear of anything perfumed afterwards. I sometimes put a bit of Savlon on as it's such a delicate area.

Always make sure that the skin is stretched and rather than rip it off in one go, pull a little, brace the skin, pull a little, brace the skin..........but do it quickly.........just not in one go.

Always make sure that the skin is stretched and rather than rip it off in one go, pull a little, brace the skin, pull a little, brace the skin..........but do it quickly.........just not in one go.

Kim, is this the case regardless of whether you use hot or warm wax?

i have had this happen before on my lip when my wax was 2 hot, i think its like a very mild burn, and the flaking a few days later is the thin scab flaking off
xx

Did you only wax where it was flaky or all your lip.If it was just the corners that did this when you had waxed all your lip it may have been something you drank after that irritated and dried out the skin.

Many thanks Kim, I will try that next time. :hug:

Latest posts

Back