Little things that irritate you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who ask when me and my husband will be having kids.. Pee off.

I used to get upset as we have fertility issues, now I reply along the lines off 'when we finally get our IVF appointments/2 years ago if my body had worked' etc. then soon shut up. X
I find this so rude. Like it's anyone's business.

Love and luck to you both x

I used to get upset as we have fertility issues, now I reply along the lines off 'when we finally get our IVF appointments/2 years ago if my body had worked' etc. then soon shut up. X

I completely know what you mean, we are asked all the time- we are trying but still not happened. It's nobody's business and its really insensitive as as you said, there could be a lot more to the situation. People assume if you don't have them yet its because you have chosen not to and they think it's weird, really annoys me. I used to say 'oh it will happen in its own time', now if people ask, we just act as if we don't want children at all yet lol x

Ugh, this is such an unbelievably intrusive question. It is no one's business but yours!

People who are late all the time. I work with a person who comes to work late every single day. Normally late by 15-20 mins but makes sure she is in before the boss.

The rest of us get the flack from her clients but she is the boss's darling and seems to get away with it despite us all putting in complaints.

Argh. I have 1 client who I actually hate. If he was on fire I probably wouldn't piss on him.

I swear if I said the sky was blue he'd tell me it's yellow. I can't say a thing right.

Salon products are horrendous because contain gluten. (I turned off when he explained why gluten is bad for you).
He told me ALL youngster have no commitment anymore they just get fed up and change partners. I replied and said that I disagree, but if people are not happy there's no point sticking around. He then proceeded to tell me it women's fault. They find nice men then change them and then don't like them any more.

It's literally the longest half an hour EVER. He's a walk in and I cannot wait to be too busy to fit him in [emoji35]

Argh. I have 1 client who I actually hate. If he was on fire I probably wouldn't piss on him.

I swear if I said the sky was blue he'd tell me it's yellow. I can't say a thing right.

Salon products are horrendous because contain gluten. (I turned off when he explained why gluten is bad for you).
He told me ALL youngster have no commitment anymore they just get fed up and change partners. I replied and said that I disagree, but if people are not happy there's no point sticking around. He then proceeded to tell me it women's fault. They find nice men then change them and then don't like them any more.

It's literally the longest half an hour EVER. He's a walk in and I cannot wait to be too busy to fit him in [emoji35]
Think we all know people like this one [emoji3]

Think we all know people like this one [emoji3]
I've never had anyone like him before.

I've had clients who are perves, or creepy, or just never happy. And I genuinely prefer them to him! Haha.

The sites search facility not being used enough, resulting in tons of the same questions every week

Winter, winter irritates me when I've still got new dressy flip flops to wear lol

My cats following me around the kitchen with a tin of food in my hand at breakfast and tea time, they've had 11 yrs of eating in the same place, just wait by your bowls so I don't trip over you

Waking up.on your day off stupidly early

Last edited:
oungster have no commitment anymore they just get fed up and change partners. I replied and said that I disagree, but if people are not happy there's no point sticking around. He then proceeded to tell me it women's fault. They find nice men then change them and then don't like them any more.
Lol sounds like.someone who is constantly dumped, bitter and twisted.He clearly thinks he's a "nice guy" but drives a woman to boredom lol.

The sites search facility not being used enough, resulting in tons of the same questions every week

This and when people don't read the 'how to ask for colour advise!

Yes, I totally agree about the cats trying to trip you up when you're getting their food.
They know where it's going so do me a favour and stop tripping me up -
'Yes Jakey boy, YOU especially'! :rolleyes:

Lol we love them though AcidPerm wouldn't be without them lol.. Little devils

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443979971.197995.jpg
my cats bringing me presents! Found a bird flying round my kitchen last night, 2 live mice in my bedroom during the night and just saved this wee chap after my female cat brought it to me.

Awwww, I hope he survives. Usually the shock kills them.

My two kittens are only 4 months old and very keen to play but haven't caught anything yet. It's very rural here, so only a matter of time. The older cat can't be bothered very often these days but did manage two young rabbits in the spring. Grr. :(

I'm out in the countryside too but thankfully haven't had any rabbits yet! Birds, mice, a rat and bats....I'd struggle to cope with a rabbit I think.
The little bird flew off straight away so fingers crossed it survives.

View attachment 190984my cats bringing me presents! Found a bird flying round my kitchen last night, 2 live mice in my bedroom during the night and just saved this wee chap after my female cat brought it to me.

A baby dunnock (hedge sparrow) I think, being a bit of a secret twitcher. Beautiful. Fingers crossed for him.

Back to topic: people turning up 15 mins or more early for their appointment. Sometimes I may need to have a wee or eat a sandwich ffs .... Serial offenders I'm starting to teach a lesson by deliberately walking my dog before they'd normally arrive so I get back bang on their due time LOL ( not so easy if I didn't work from home)

A baby dunnock (hedge sparrow) I think, being a bit of a secret twitcher. Beautiful. Fingers crossed for him.

Back to topic: people turning up 15 mins or more early for their appointment. Sometimes I may need to have a wee or eat a sandwich ffs .... Serial offenders I'm starting to teach a lesson by deliberately walking my dog before they'd normally arrive so I get back bang on their due time LOL ( not so easy if I didn't work from home)

Clients turning up really early bugs me too blossom! Obviously it's better to be early rather than late but 20-25 mins early is too much! I book that half an hour out for a reason, either to eat a quick sandwich or loo break or nip to the bank etc. Grr I moan if they're late and moan if they're early. I don't mind 5-10 mins early but sometimes it's too much!

Even worse is when they're early and your still with another client and they just stare at you the whole time or start huffing and puffing!

Even worse is when they're early and your still with another client and they just stare at you the whole time or start huffing and puffing![/QUOTE]

Exactly esp if the first client was confiding in me (we're all closet counsellors to our clients aren't we) about something or needing a shoulder ... Then the moment is broken and it's just like, silent!

Exactly esp if the first client was confiding in me (we're all closet counsellors to our clients aren't we) about something or needing a shoulder ... Then the moment is broken and it's just like, silent!
I was saying something about this to a client this morning, it's really frustrating!

I had a lady (new client) booked in for a half hour Shellac appointment and after 10 minutes, my next lady turned up 20 minutes early, came in so I said Hi will be with you shortly... She then goes on to tell me, 'guess what, me and Dan have split up'...

I was stumped, my poor new client was just sat there not knowing what on earth to talk about, she could hardly join in the conversation... I thought it was so rude but what do you do?!

I carried on and said Ohh you'll have to tell me all about it once I'm done, I just can't believe people would use someone else's pampering time to talk about themselves - fortunately the new client did come back and is now a regular.

Latest posts

Back