Little things that irritate you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you wouldn't say I alone.
In the instance it was used in the original post, the word "I" is grammatically correct.

That link actually proves that i should be used in the original posts example

When someone asks you yor point of view and they keep asking why you think that :mad::mad::mad::mad: (bangs head against a brick wall)

It depends! You wouldn't say this is a picture of I. So you shouldn't say this is a picture of so n so and I.

Whereas you would say so n so and I are going shopping. Because you would say I am going shopping.

That's the English language for you! Bizarre!

I'm a pointless pedant. Sorry @AcidPerm.

Re I and me. I was taught that if you take the other person out of the equation what you would say normally is correct.

So if you were saying "Janet and me went for a coffee" that would be wrong because you wouldn't say "me went for a coffee" so in this instance, you would say "Janet and I". If you said "jack came for a walk with Janet and me" that would be correct but I would be wrong as you wouldn't say "jack came for a walk with I " - unless you're weird lol.

Pet hate is people who say "work colleagues". Colleagues are the people you work with. I've even phoned radio 5 to complain of their constant use of "work colleagues".

I lived for a long time with my step father who was an award winning journalist. He was an absolute pedant. He would return letters with our spelling and punctuation corrected until I told him if he did it again I would stop writing to him. He stopped.

Vic x

Unless your Welsh.... Normal grammar and pronounciation dosent apply... Sorry dosen't :rolleyes: hehe... Hear, here & year are all definatley pronounced Yur...

Well round yur it is ;) me n my butty jan been for coffee down Shirley the cafes mun....

And above person saying about licking the plate clean & drinking the milk from the cereal bowl... Guilty :rolleyes: (although I mostly do it for reaction hehe my oh hates it which makes it so much funnier ;) )

Re I and me. I was taught that if you take the other person out of the equation what you would say normally is correct.

So if you were saying "Janet and me went for a coffee" that would be wrong because you wouldn't say "me went for a coffee" so in this instance, you would say "Janet and I". If you said "jack came for a walk with Janet and me" that would be correct but I would be wrong as you wouldn't say "jack came for a walk with I " - unless you're weird lol.

Exactly the same here!

Ok, more pointless pedantry that irritates me...

My OH was complaining throughout an episode of Foyle's War that we got around to watching last night.

He used to work in Whitehall and was complaining that the writer hadn't done his homework thoroughly enough regarding some of the dialogue between Miss Pierce and Sir Alec.
(Me: shush, I'm trying to listen...)

I'm a pointless pedant. Sorry @AcidPerm.

Pet hate is people who say "work colleagues". Colleagues are the people you work with. I've even phoned radio 5 to complain of their constant use of "work colleagues".

I lived for a long time with my step father who was an award winning journalist. He was an absolute pedant. He would return letters with our spelling and punctuation corrected until I told him if he did it again I would stop writing to him. He stopped.

Vic x
This is a good way to remember it!

Also, yeah work colleagues, never thought about it but that is a silly one.

My peeve (and I hear/see it A LOT!) is 'hence why'. My boyfriend says it and I always repeat it to him 'hence why?' and then he tells me to shut up and stop being a grammar nazi! :)

Either roadworks or careless drivers or both!

We have roadworks going on, on the road I take to work. Two lanes merge into one. For the past two days I've been seriously cut up. Before the lane starts to merge people have started pulling into my lane without indicating or I would assume looking.

I like to think I'm a conscientious driver and when it is clearly merging and you can't fit two cars side by side I ease back letting people in. So I'm sure I'm not in the wrong, but having it happen two days in a row makes me doubt myself. [emoji24]

When someone copies your business name.... Style & meaning.... Pissed off is an understatement.... Get your own ideas stupid people. :mad:

Oh no! What's happened?

Oh no! What's happened?
Some dumb clown thought it would be good to copy me... Just googled my shop (I like to check I'm top of Google) and there it was.. They've even copied the Hawaiian theme & meaning! . Done some snooping tho turns out I've actually crossed paths on the Internet with someone connected to the business, just getting my facts straight a min & then all the sneaky sods can look out... I'd make an awesome detective o_O

Some dumb clown thought it would be good to copy me... Just googled my shop (I like to check I'm top of Google) and there it was.. They've even copied the Hawaiian theme & meaning! . Done some snooping tho turns out I've actually crossed paths on the Internet with someone connected to the business, just getting my facts straight a min & then all the sneaky sods can look out... I'd make an awesome detective o_O
Good luck Jodie x

How awful, are they in the same area as you? I would be fuming too.
Take it as a backhanded compliment, they obviously think your business model is successful if they want to copy you and if they have copied your design obviously had a good look at yours so can't claim it was an accident and they didn't realise you existed!
Do you know you can now register for .uk and .london domain names if you want to try and get one over on them, maybe u could try to snap those up and link them to your current web address.

How awful, are they in the same area as you? I would be fuming too.
Take it as a backhanded compliment, they obviously think your business model is successful if they want to copy you and if they have copied your design obviously had a good look at yours so can't claim it was an accident and they didn't realise you existed!
Do you know you can now register for .uk and .london domain names if you want to try and get one over on them, maybe u could try to snap those up and link them to your current web address.
Certain people involved definatley knew I existed before they got up & running I have emails to prove it, their not too close in distance to bother me directly but on google they are! some people have no shame lol

Certain people involved definatley knew I existed before they got up & running I have emails to prove it, their not too close in distance to bother me directly but on google they are! some people have no shame lol
The cheek of some people, well I doubt they will last long as they obviously have no good ideas of their own and are trying to ride on the back of someone else's coat tails. They should be embarrassed stealing someone else's identity! Are u registered with companies house? If so they shouldn't be able to register with the same name.

It's not companies house @daydreams01, it's the ipo where you trademark your business name and you can trademark your logo etc. Companies house is completely different x

Latest posts

Back