Look at the photo ...& tell me my problem!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi

i had a lady in for repairs on her pointer and middle finger this morning,she had caught the free edge on her car door handle and her nails looked exactly the same as this.... the gel from the free edge to near the cuticle had lifted but there was a bit around the cuticle and the sidewalls that was still attached.. hope this helps...
ps..just looked at your website your nailart is gorgeous!!
icon_biggrin.gif

[For a living, the client is a teacher. She has made a comment that she notices her nails lifting after she scrubs the pots and pans.]

Bingo!! I had this when I was washing the dishes WITHOUT gloves. :smack: It may very well be that water has managed to seep in and underneath the smallest bit of lift and caused this huge area of lifting. Just a thought

Nat Tov said:
[For a living, the client is a teacher. She has made a comment that she notices her nails lifting after she scrubs the pots and pans.]

Bingo!! I had this when I was washing the dishes WITHOUT gloves. :smack: It may very well be that water has managed to seep in and underneath the smallest bit of lift and caused this huge area of lifting. Just a thought

I'd agree with this one too!!

just a thought, but, don't you use your thumbs and pointers the most out of all of your fingers.. i know i do... maybe she's being really hard on those? i might take the length down a little bit, so she won't have as much to bump around.

this is such a cool thread, even though i dont use gel yet, it so good to see pictures, instead of someone explaining things.!
this should become a regular feature, that way we can all post our piccies, see them and learn from them!

sara x

NailStyle said:
just one thing..maybe be clutching at straws here but....ask her if she uses those 2 fingers for squeezing teabags out....? i had that once but they where stained as well as lifted. xx

LMAO ................quality. xxx

sarita said:
this is such a cool thread, even though i dont use gel yet, it so good to see pictures, instead of someone explaining things.!
this should become a regular feature, that way we can all post our piccies, see them and learn from them!

sara x

good idea im up for it!

One of our clients had the same thing on her index finger, (keep in mind I'm in a school so we see all kinds of things) they looked great when she left, so when she came in we double checked the prep steps, allowed the bonder to dry, worked the gel in, and sold her a bottle of solar oil. (seems to be helping) the oil is keeping her own nail pliable, and maybe that would help your client.

If not, you sold a great home care item and her cuticles will look great!!!!!

ooooh.....i just thought of something else, she does use sorboleene creme. Is it true or a myth that this product is not good for nail enhancments???

I will give her a bottle of Solar Oil, this will help her cuticles and should help her nail plate as she does have dry and brittle nails.

I feel for whatever reason, a little bit of lifting has occured and water and all sorts of gunk has caused the enhancment to lift and lift and lift......like errosion!!

sarita said:

sara x

I decided to post a piccie cause im dismal sometimes at exlaining things. A picture tells a thousand words!!!

~bec~ said:
I decided to post a piccie cause im dismal sometimes at exlaining things. A picture tells a thousand words!!!

Hi Bec

I've seen this aswell on one of my Brisa clients.
I will do my best to post a picture and see what the experts think as my issue is not desimilar.

Fab x

~bec~ said:

so true!
So how did u take the nail off, i use an electric file and i would have made a cut behind the lifting and it would just come off, how do you do it?

Fab Freak said:
Hi Bec

I've seen this aswell on one of my Brisa clients.
I will do my best to post a picture and see what the experts think as my issue is not desimilar.

Fab x

Please do!!! I would love to see it!!! xo

sarita said:
so true!
So how did u take the nail off, i use an electric file and i would have made a cut behind the lifting and it would just come off, how do you do it?

Well, i have not removed the gel yet, will b doing this later today. If the gel is still secure on the free edge, i will use my e-file and drill almost through to the natural nail above the lifting and then clip off the lifted gel, however, i will begin lifting the gel away from the natural nail and i might find im better off removing the gel completely by gently pushing the natural nail away from the gel with this metal instrument i have..........after all the fantastic advice and suggestions from this thread, i hope that when i replace the gel on this nail it lasts till the next infill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

how do you remove lifting if you don't use a drill? file beyond the lifting?

twinkletoes910 said:
how do you remove lifting if you don't use a drill? file beyond the lifting?

LOL!!!! File for 3 years!!!!!!!!!

Depends where the lifting is. if its near the cutice and its only a little bit of lifting, i file just above the lifing on the part of the gel that is still secure to the nail. If the lifting is more serious, i use my e-file, if didnt have an e-file, i dunno.........i guess file and file and file and file, or gently remove the gel from the whole nail and start fesh????:)

~bec~ said:
Well, i have not removed the gel yet, will b doing this later today. If the gel is still secure on the free edge, i will use my e-file and drill almost through to the natural nail above the lifting and then clip off the lifted gel, however, i will begin lifting the gel away from the natural nail and i might find im better off removing the gel completely by gently pushing the natural nail away from the gel with this metal instrument i have..........after all the fantastic advice and suggestions from this thread, i hope that when i replace the gel on this nail it lasts till the next infill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OMG!!! :eek:

Thats exactly what I DONT do..... I file for ages and ages if needed to remove any lifting, I would never cut it or prise it off! x

~bec~ said:

Depends where the lifting is. if its near the cutice and its only a little bit of lifting, i file just above the lifing on the part of the gel that is still secure to the nail. If the lifting is more serious, i use my e-file, if didnt have an e-file, i dunno.........i guess file and file and file and file, or gently remove the gel from the whole nail and start fesh????:)

oh geeeezzzz...:rolleyes: hehehheee... I was hoping maybe you had a better idea

What kind of e-file do you have? or should I say.. Did it cost an arm AND a leg, or just the leg? lol

Though I have not had any experience of brisa I have used a lot of gels and there are some hints andd tips that ring true of all of them so here goes.

Preperation is the absolute key you will be amaysed at how many things can cause lifting

Sun tan lotion

having pelled an orrange

smoking

using baby wipes ( changing a nappy)

so before you start you need to wash your clients hands!
and thas not just a quick swill under the tap thats a full on scrub and lather for a minuet
Then your preparation of the nail plate needs to be impecable absolutly no ( none whatsoever) bit of skin or nail or cuticle can be left to remain( my clients moan at me and say I am a bully the way I push my cuticles back but they never complain of lifting thoose suckers stay on for 4 weeks.

someone else mentioned your first thin layer of gel being thin and scrubbed into the nail that is a good idea to ensure proper adhesion of the first layer which is a foundation for subsequent layers, and then perfecting a tecnique that ensures no gel touches the skin whatsoever ( not even a smidge) cos you are looking at lifting straight away.

When I do a set of nails or I'm training especially with a clear gel I encourage people to not go too close to the cuticle make the nails look like they have 5 days growth when your finishing and perfecting file them in and though they may look like they need fills in a week they have a very natural growth ( as they grow out) your nails should be as thin as posible at the cuticle it should be like trying to find the edge of the selotape when you you run your finger down the back, after all it isnt the 3mm around the cuticle that holds all your nail together it's the apex and the over all form and structure.

one concelation is that it is happening to your first fingers and theese are the nails you use most so that is bound to have an effect.

Try some of theese hint and tips I'm sure they will help.

P.s. not being meaning to be critical of your work it looked good but just try tapering your nails slightly to make them look a little sleker it will improve the overall apearance, with gel every time you add a layer you add bulk so just be aware of that.

Take care and good luck

Martn

p.s. one final thought and I don't know how if creative teach this but are you doing all 4 nails at once????????????????????

if so try doing 2 at a time
if the product is self leveling then by the time you get to your pinkie your gel has flodded the cuticle on your first finger you may think your being quicker but you not( I bet thats it!!!!!!)
let me klnow how you get on!

~bec~ said:
if didnt have an e-file, i dunno.........i guess file and file and file and file, or gently remove the gel from the whole nail and start fesh????:)

this is so true thats why i asked you, i didnt know u had an e-file too its brill isnt it?

sara
x

Latest posts

Back